Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: let me get this straight kobetards......

Your logic is absolutely ****ing mind numbing. Who the **** cares why it happened? He played atrocious in the finals, and theres this thing called a tipping point. Lebron's performances up to these finals that have been good (orlando, detroit, w/e) and his bad ones (spurs, bos, w/e else) have not been enough to gauge him. We needed something where there were no excuses. Where the situation was PERFECT. And what he did in that situation would tip the scales in how we look at each of his prior performances.

He got his perfect situation. He played horrible. It went from 0 bad lebron performances to 4 or 5, because its a tipping point. Thats what this year was, because his situation was perfect in the finals. If he had played spectacular, we'd forget what bad he might have done and we'd look at this series and all his previous good ones as unbelievable.

And even with all that said, may I ask what your trolling self thinks is the reason he was so awful in this perfect situation this year? Since its obviously not the mental pressure (apparently that doesn't exist? Well, it does, its called science and its proved that different events have different weights psychologically) what exactly was it, and why does it change the fact that he played awful in the perfect chance for him to show how he really is?

You're done.

Banned

I'm not gonna go google it for you but I can provide you a real world example of how a simple thing like pressure gives rise to second guessing and so on.

Pick something easy, say, writing 5 sentences about your love for lebron with perfect grammar and spelling. Do you think you can do that? probably. Would you proofread? probably not. I mean you already know how to spell and write, theres nothing you can do with it. So you submit it.

Imagine you would win one million dollars if you did it with no mistakes. Do you proof read it? Do you double and triple check? Why would you do that, you already know all you know, double checking is still using your original brain you used to write it.

But ah, you're not that confident about something when theres nearly your entire life riding on it. Now imagine you're on the basketball court and you cannot turn the ball over. Like seriously, they are gonna ****ing score and everyones gonna blame you. Do you take an extra moment to think about whether or not you should pass? What if you start taking extra moments to think about whether or not you want to run left or right, to take the screen or not, to shoot off the glass or to take a timeout? Thats how you go from scoring 28ppg to 17. Thats just ONE of the real world effects of pressure - second guessing yourself.

You might say you're not a professional linguist and hes a professional bball player, but its the same thing. You both know that thinking about something twice is not going to make you better at it, youre as good as you're gonna be at it. But you just have to make sure, because you CANT mess up. But thats what pressure does, it makes you second guess everything you do because everything you do now means more.

Do you think its an accident that people shoot like 30% in gw situations but 50% in the rest of the game? Lebron cracked.

stay in school brah

Learning to shoot layups

Might as well rename this forum InsideKobe or InsideLebron, as that seems to be all people want to talk about.

holy mother of u madness mr razorblade..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    holy mother of u madness mr razorblade..
    I post here like 3 or 4 times a week, I make up for it with word count tho!

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    I see OP's point. but we are criticizing Lebron with the Kobe standards. Kobe was the best player against the best teams in the west during his 3peat with Shaq. Until the Finals where Shaq had the chance to dominate some of the weakest, skinniest centers of all time. and yet his called 2nd fiddle.
    Mutombo? Nevermind the fact that Shaq received more defensive attention most of the time.

Kobe was the best player on the court vs Portland, Kings, T-wolves, & Spurs
    Kobe was only the best player on the court during the 2001 and 2002 Spurs series, at you mentioning all of those other series.

You do realize that the finals were also far from the only dominant series that Shaq had during the 3peat, right?

During the 2001 WCSF vs Sacramento, after Shaq had back to back 40/20 games, it was stated that he was the first player in NBA history to do so in the playoffs.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 09-05-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Why the LeBron's lovers can't accept that many fans like kobe?

Why Kobe's fans can't accept there's some LeBron's lovers?

I see OP's point. but we are criticizing Lebron with the Kobe standards. Kobe was the best player against the best teams in the west during his 3peat with Shaq. Until the Finals where Shaq had the chance to dominate some of the weakest, skinniest centers of all time. and yet his called 2nd fiddle.

this..

00' Kobe was coming into his own and was by far the best player in the WCFinals...especially game 7 when he fueled the comeback.

by 01' most of the basketball comunity were calling him the best allaround player in the NBA..and in the WCFinals he single handily carried the Lakers past the spurs...leading many to call him the "best player in the world" (Shaq and PJ echoed these statements)

No matter who tries to detract from what really happened...by 01' Kobe was the best allaround player in the league....

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    u just dont get it...

there is no such thing as afraid.. crackin under pressure... choking... and so on... amongst the likes of Lebron & Kobe... Wade... look at me.. i hate Kobe more than anybody on this world.... but i would NEVER say/joke about him choking, crackin under pressure or some BS like that.... Lebron just like Kobe have more than proved the opposite more than enough in any situation.... there is no such thing amongst them......

the reason a player of that magnitude plays bad is combination of:

--bad offensive rythm
    --playmaking to much/being passive/being unselfish to much
    --the opponents team defense

and thats exactly why he was playing bad.... and exactly why even KOBE played bad/under his standards in some Finals or playoff series in his career (and lately the Mavs series sweep).........

and look at Wade... he had a horrible series against the Bulls.. while Lebron was brutalizing.... then it quickly changed against the Mavs series.... Wade got massive offensive rythm... and Lebron didnt.... its pretty god damn random......

its not because its just "FINALS".... "the biggest moment".... isnt the ECF big moment ? Why was Wade "choking" in that series then? Whats the difference... you lose ECF and you are out of playoffs... you lose Finals and you are out of Playoffs....

If WADE truly like many of you say plays better than Lebron during "the big moments", then why DIDNT HE do it in the ECF?

Its very simple....

--offensive rythm
    --passiveness
    --opponent defense
    yes, you would

Banned

Default Recent crazed Kobe-related rambling merged together

I don't know.

With all the accomplishments he has achieved, I don't know why people don't consider him one of the future Co-GOAT. It will depend what Kobe does for the rest of his career.

I guess it depends on what the Mamba does.

Default Re: How come Michael Joradn isnt GOAT?

What an unexpected thread.

Banned

Default How come Kobe isn't GOAT?

81 points, didnt need to take 100 shots to get 100 points like wilt.

5 rings

MVP

2x Finals MVP

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: How come Kobe isn't GOAT?

5 rings
    2 finals mvp

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Default Re: How come Michael Joradn isnt GOAT?

Someone longc4t the sh*t out of this thread.
    Last edited by creepingdeath; 09-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: How come Kobe isn't GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJDWADE63
    5 rings
    2 finals mvp
    How many does LeBron have?

81 points, didnt need to take 100 shots to get 100 points like wilt.
    Wilt took 63 shots to get it, not 100.