Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Official Nightly game thread.

I figured it would be easier to have one thread to talk about all the games through out the season. So whats everyones take so far on how the team is playing?

Default Re: Official Nightly game thread.

So far I would have to say im feeling good and not so good about the team. I dont like the fact that lowry is getting so much fourth quarter playing time. He was atrocious in the sac game last night. I dont think conley was playing bad enough for ivaroni to sit him for the entire second half basicly.

I hae many problems with lowry's game. Did anyone se the horrible pass to warrik in the third. Lowry through the ball almost as high as the top of the backboard. He over driibles until he gets the shot clock to low then he tries to throw up a prayer or a stupi pass. I agree on defense and in terms of rebounding he is solid. But there is so much more that is neded from that spot.

I am Chris Wilcox

I completely agree about Lowry. Sitting Conley is not going to allow him to get out of this slump. Lowry is a backup point guard at best, providing solid D and decent rebounding for his size, but he is not the type of offensive player that we need.

I haven't seen any game up to now, but it looks again that Iavaroni is the appropriate man to be a head coach.

I mean lowry isnt bad. But I really think that conley deserves more of a shot than this. He shoots so much better and likes passing. My main problem with conley is that hes unselfish to a fault.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I mean lowry isnt bad. But I really think that conley deserves more of a shot than this. He shoots so much better and likes passing. My main problem with conley is that hes unselfish to a fault.
    I think Conley's minutes should be risen a bit, right now, Lowry and Conley are basically averaging the same amount of minutes, not to mention Conley has been benched at crucial times. That is not going to help mature his game or him, he needs more minutes.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Big game vs. the Nugz tonight. I expect a win.

I am Chris Wilcox

As long as everyone works their arse off on defense, we should be OK. The Nuggets defense is nothing to write home about, so if we can stop them from scoring, the offense should come to us.

With Billups there I find difficult for the Grizzlies to get a win in Denver. But this team is surprising me during the few games they've played, so I will keep the faith this time.

This will be a tough game. The nuggetts are looking at this game as a win. It wont be easy, but it is winable.

I am glad conley got in the game on friday in the 4th. He had played well the entire game.

OJ Mayo came out hot, but after the first quarter the Nuggets threw several different defenders at him. No one else on our roster had a hot hand. Ross was solid, but he only had 9. Rudy Gay and Mike Conley were just terrible tonight. Gay had a couple good defensive possessions but couldn't find his stroke. This was a game we definitely could have won if we got our bigs involved, but Conley or Lowry couldn't even get them the damn ball. Conley missed several layups and turned the ball over several times. Balkman was active off the bench and really did some damage while in the game. Billups set him up with several dunks. The Gasol vs. NeNe matchup didn't go as expected. NeNe owned him.

I'm sorry guys, but we really need a point guard. We had way too many turnovers and not enough assists.

I am Chris Wilcox

Conley really needs a confidence boost. Taking his minutes away aren't going to help him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Conley really needs a confidence boost. Taking his minutes away aren't going to help him at all.
    Yup. And I still think we need a coach that can set up an offensive scheme. The point is the brain of the coach in the court, and since our coach doesn't seem to have one of them, we have a headless team.

Mayo came out so amazing. And it was wasted because nobody else could get anything going. Rudy was horrible and should of been sat in the second he caused alot of our offensive woes. Mayo sat to long in the second and lost his stroke.

Now we play phoenix tonight. Hopefully we dont lose by 20.

Mayo new career high, 33 points. The guy carried us from seventeen down to take the lead, but we couldn't hold on to it. Barbosa was just too much. Besides Mayo, no one stepped it up in the fourth. Milicic, Arthur and Gasol played fantastic defense against Amare and Shaq. Lowry had a chance to put us up by 5, but hesitated on a three and waited until a defender came out on him before he shot and missed it. *SMDH* And oh yeah, Conley still was a no show. He had so many good looks and either missed or passed the ball.

At the end of the night Mayo and Amare traded jerseys which I thought was really cool. He realizes that this kid is going to be one of the greatest.