Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
Fuhrer Hubbs
Banned

Default Re: Lebron James in March

YouCallIllLose really seems to have some Durantula penor stuck down his throat.
LOL Durant gets the most touch fouls of anyone in the league. When LeBron gets to the line it's because he finds holes in the defense like a running back and trucks his way to the rim initiating the contact. If you so much as breath on Durants frail frame he will be at the line.

LeBron not only puts pu superior and more efficient numbers than Durant, but he also makes more a bigger impact on the defensive end, can rebound better, superior court vision, and is the best fastbreak player in the league. You mad bro?
Fuhrer Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #32
YouCallILose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1/splits/2009/

Are those numbers from ur dream? I don't see anything remotely close to the numbers u posting. And u wanna compare lebrons career FTA to durants per month FTA gtfo.

LOL @ your inability to read.

I said it was the end of january->end of february excluding the game he was injured in and only played 5 minutes. It was 32 days.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #33
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
He has finally found his stroke.

27.5 ppg
7.4 rpg
5.5 apg
58% from the field
80% from the FT line
13 games played.

I think everybody has been lulled to sleep. He's been saving himself all year long if you ask me. I think these last nine games he will be upping those numbers.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
asdf1990
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose

I said it was the end of january->end of february excluding the game he was injured in and only played 5 minutes. It was 32 days.

smh just leave my thread, I am done arguing with ur imaginary numbers.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #35
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

he better be saving something special for the playoffs beause he has been a dissapointment to watch in the regular season
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:42 AM   #36
keep_it_real
I usually hit open layups

that are some ridiculous stats
keep_it_real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:46 AM   #37
Mr. Jabbar
well well well

lebron doesnt "shoot" 58%, he dunks it. not a bad thing of course but the concept of "shooting" 58% is a completely different thing. thats y he holds better %s than players who rely mostly on their J rather than driving to the basket
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #38
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
lebron doesnt "shoot" 58%, he dunks it. not a bad thing of course but the concept of "shooting" 58% is a completely different thing. thats y he holds better %s than players who rely mostly on their J rather than driving to the basket
That has always been and remains the worst argument in basketball. It isn't better to 'shoot' 58% from the field. It says something about a player's efficiency and basketball IQ if he is finding ways of getting better, easier shots for himself.

58% from the field is 58% from the field, regardless of how the baskets are attained. Shaq wasn't less dominant because he controlled games from inside the paint... Quite the opposite, in fact.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 AM   #39
Mr. Jabbar
well well well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That has always been and remains the worst argument in basketball. It isn't better to 'shoot' 58% from the field. It says something about a player's efficiency and basketball IQ if he is finding ways of getting better, easier shots for himself.

58% from the field is 58% from the field, regardless of how the baskets are attained. Shaq wasn't less dominant because he controlled games from inside the paint... Quite the opposite, in fact.

like i said, its not "worse". higher effiency still remains higher efficiency, I was pointing out the difference, cause if a pure "shooter" had 58% that would be even more amazing as in hard to accomplish.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 AM   #40
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

Or the oldest basketball lesson in history "2 points is 2 points."
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #41
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Watch before talking. For the month he takes 6 jumpers/game from outside 16 feet (the same attempts as Kobe), and another 3 from beyond the arc (compared to Kobe's 4), so he's been "shooting" as much as anybody for his 58%.

Last edited by Dave3 : 03-29-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #42
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
like i said, its not "worse". higher effiency still remains higher efficiency, I was pointing out the difference, cause if a pure "shooter" had 58% that would be even more amazing as in hard to accomplish.
So, every player in the league is capable of getting a lot of dunks in a game? Fact is, if it was 'easier,' everyone would be doing it.

Sometimes, shooting a jumpshot is the easiest way out of a possession, not looking for a way to get to the basket and working for a higher percentage shot.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #43
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose

Months are January, February, March, etc. You can't just pick any period of ~30 days of when a player had exceptional stats and call it a "month" You're redefining the meaning of month just for Durant? lol
Old 03-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #44
Mr. Jabbar
well well well

Quote:
So, every player in the league is capable of getting a lot of dunks in a game? Fact is, if it was 'easier,' everyone would be doing it.

Sometimes, shooting a jumpshot is the easiest way out of a possession, not looking for a way to get to the basket and working for a higher percentage shot.

Lets reroll. 58% in volume is hard to accomplish by any standards, inside, outside w/e. You get to a high % fgma youre a great player regardless of how you did it.

My point is the concept of "he shoots x %" is missleading, because they refer to fgma, and that includes dunks etc. None can drive and make them pay like lebron or be a monster inside like shaq if i use ure example, not taking anything away from them.

BUT

I've yet to see some pure "shooter" score over 50% in volume. Over a long span of time. Its definetely harder to be a good pure shooter and have that fgma than be a good driver/inside pressence and have the same fgma%.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #45
Dave3
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Lets reroll. 58% in volume is hard to accomplish by any standards, inside, outside w/e. You get to a high % fgma youre a great player regardless of how you did it.

My point is the concept of "he shoots x %" is missleading, because they refer to fgma, and that includes dunks etc. None can drive and make them pay like lebron or be a monster inside like shaq if i use ure example, not taking anything away from them.

BUT

I've yet to see some pure "shooter" score over 50% in volume. Over a long span of time. Its definetely harder to be a good pure shooter and have that fgma than be a good driver/inside pressence and have the same fgma%.
You'd be interested to know that LeBron is shooting 59% from midrange (16-23 feet) in March then.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: