Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron should be held accountable for Miami's two whiffs, but not Cleveland's two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    are you really this naive..

its not a coincidence that his fg% dropped 17% from last year to this year in the playoffs

he didn't just miraculously become a worse shooter and lose his skill..

has everything to do with how much attention Bosh & Wade commanded..
    lol are you dumb?

there are literally stats suggesting that he's shooting like 10% worse on wide open jumpers

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron should be held accountable for Miami's two whiffs, but not Cleveland's two.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Disagree with the bolded. His jumper went to complete shit, even on completely open shots last year. I don't know how much of it was losing weight and then putting it on, but it was bad. Shot 51.6% on jumpers in the 2014 finals, on 11.2 per game (.643 eFG%). Handles in traffic have also gotten worse each year.

If he doesn't work on his jumper this summer, he's going to drop off more.
    Maybe it was a mental thing then since he went from playing on a team where he was primarily getting good looks due to the defense having to also focus on other players for 5 years to playing on a team in the playoffs where he was the defense only concern at time which made those open looks less easy to come by

Lebron was ever a great mid range shooter, we saw the Spurs just two years ago dare him to shoot from the mid range and the Spurs almost won a finals series with that strategy so i have a hard time believing he was a good shooter one year and then just lost that touch the next..

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    lol are you dumb?

there are literally stats suggesting that he's shooting like 10% worse on wide open jumpers
    what's the volume for those two years..

he took way more shots in the playoffs with the cavs this year than he ever did with the HEAT..

his effeciency just wasn't able to hold up with the increased volume..

I'm sure if Lebron only had to take 17-19 shots per game in the 2015 playoffs like he did throughout his time with the HEAT his efficiency would have looked about the same as when he was on the HEAT..

Maybe it was a mental thing then since he went from playing on a team where he was primarily getting good looks due to the defense having to also focus on other players for 5 years to playing on a team in the playoffs where he was the defense only concern at time which made those open looks less easy to come by

Lebron was ever a great mid range shooter, we saw the Spurs just two years ago dare him to shoot from the mid range and the Spurs almost won a finals series with that strategy so i have a hard time believing he was a good shooter one year and then just lost that touch the next..
    Eh agree to disagree on the first paragraph, I think he just lost it. I don't think he was ever a legit 'great' shooter either. But I think it's important to be able to hit open jumpers if you're an offensive anchor. He wasn't able to do that at all this year. During the season, during the playoffs, during the Finals. Regardless of the opposition, or whether Love/Kyrie were in the lineup. His jumper was just completely broken. He should be in the gym taking 1000 a day every day this summer.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

what's the volume for those two years..

he took way more shots in the playoffs with the cavs this year than he ever did with the HEAT..

his effeciency just wasn't able to hold up with the increased volume..

I'm sure if Lebron only had to take 17-19 shots per game in the 2015 playoffs like he did throughout his time with the HEAT his efficiency would have looked about the same as when he was on the HEAT..
    wide open jumpers

I think you're missing the concept of wide open jumpers.

LeBron was one of the best spot up shooters in 2014, and just completely lost it in 2015. Yes his FG% dipped because he took more shots, but if your FG% on wide open jump shots dipped by like 10% you're most likely losing it.

Maybe he lost too much weight, maybe he's not getting enough lift, idk. But his jumper was completely broken in the sense that.... he'd miss wide open shots that he'd use to make.

its not a coincidence that his fg% dropped 17% from last year to this year in the playoffs

Please tell me you aren't really this retarded. Have you ever heard of a shooting slump? Players go through them all the time, even your precious godbe.
    Plus Bron was fighting through at least 5 different injuries during the playoffs, and clearly had no lift.

but you yourself said he was never a great shooter.. its just his J declining, it was broke in 2007. He had to work hard to be a great shooter during his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    but you yourself said he was never a great shooter.. its just his J declining, it was broke in 2007. He had to work hard to be a great shooter during his prime.
    he was never a great shooter but he had improved..

he was seemed to be a fine shooter 4 months before the beginning of last season..

I think the added volume did a lot to affect his efficiency..

which would make sense seeing as Bran, Bosh & Wade all saw career highs in efficiency playing with each other and then dipped back to earth without each other

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

2007, 2015: I don't believe any NBA player in LBJ's place would've won the Finals, no matter who you swap LBJ for.

2011: A list of the top 15 all time, probably even top 20 all time would've won, and that is a big knock on LBJ. He very obviously should've won this Finals series.

2012, 2013: Two very tough teams that LBJ's Heat conquered, kudos.

2014: I'm curious to see how many people feel if you swapped LBJ out for another player they'd win it all. 2014 Heat's supporting cast was atrocious, to say the least. And they were going up against a very good Spurs Dynasty. It's tough to say how many players in Bron's spot would've won it all.

LBJ put up great numbers in that series, 28-8-4- with 2 steals on 57% and his team won ONE game lol