Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: Why weren't Leonard and Green in the voting for the players awards DPOY?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Dion Waiters is James Harden with better defense - OP
    Damn...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Why weren't Leonard and Green in the voting for the players awards DPOY?

Kawhi is not a DPOY-level defender.

I've seen so many guys drop him off... I remember watching Nic Batum do a one-dribble pull-up on Kawhi where Kawhi was contesting hard, but Kawhi was nowhere NEAR altering the shot.. Batum had an easy pull-up on a hard-contesting defender... (Yes - I imagined MJ doing the same easy pull-up and I shook my head)..

Then I saw Blake Griffin take Kawhi off-the-dribble like it was nothing.. Kawhi doesn't have elite footspeed.

I think they base the dpoy awards on stats, like RAPM or some garbage.. I think that's why Gasol got it.

The thing about RAPM, is that it cannot project how a player will perform alongside players that aren't on his team.. RAPM has a very limited use and is mostly ineffective... It has virtually nothing on a seasoned eye test that knows what to look for.

lol deandre.

hes a dumb persons baller