Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Rick Carlisle thinks Lebron is up there with Jordan

He's right. The closest thing to Jordan EVER.

Carlisle knows his ball.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He produced one of the best comedies in recent years: 2011 Lakers vs Mavs.

Carlisle > ISH

He meant his hairline is up there. Dont leave out the important context man

High School Varsity 6th Man

Carlisle easily a top 5 coach rn, maybe number 2 after Pop. I think his opinion is more valued than anyone's opinion on here.
    Lebron is the only guy right now who can catch MJ, i dont know/think kd can, AD maybe but idk if he will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    Carlisle easily a top 5 coach rn, maybe number 2 after Pop. I think his opinion is more valued than anyone's opinion on here.
    Lebron is the only guy right now who can catch MJ, i dont know/think kd can, AD maybe but idk if he will do it.
    Catch him how? We already saw the best of LeBron, he's clearly declining, a couple of years ago you wouldn't dream of single covering him. While peak LeBron was maybe the best player since Shaq, he never reached MJ level of dominance, that's just a fact.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    He's right. The closest thing to Jordan EVER.

Carlisle knows his ball.
    leflop lack of skills

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    2-4

College superstar

he isn't wrong. notice that he used the words 'all around'? this is something i have been saying how long now? everybody recognizes jordan as a great scorer, ofc, but there's a reason pippen was THE lead playmaker and defensive player on the bulls. jordan didn't have the basketball 'feel' lebron has, this while coming into the nba from highschool. its innate - something you cannot teach.

realistically all lebron needs is one, maybe two titles in cleveland - and the media will be proclaiming him as goat. they're desperate as it is, but 2 titles doesn't appeal to casuals. ring counting is WOAT.

I usually hit open layups

boom.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    he isn't wrong. notice that he used the words 'all around'? this is something i have been saying how long now? everybody recognizes jordan as a great scorer, ofc, but there's a reason pippen was THE lead playmaker and defensive player on the bulls. jordan didn't have the basketball 'feel' lebron has, this while coming into the nba from highschool. its innate - something you cannot teach.

realistically all lebron needs is one, maybe two titles in cleveland - and the media will be proclaiming him as goat. they're desperate as it is, but 2 titles doesn't appeal to casuals. ring counting is WOAT.
    I don't think 1 is gonna do it man... he's gonna need at least 2 more prolly 3...

and then they'll still point to 6 or the stats or the defences or something...

like Gregg Propsovich said, they'll always find something with LBJ ...

Carslisle: "He's Jordan-like."
    Popovich: "He's at least Magic,Larry and Duncan like."
    3Ball: His teams aren't elite basketball IQ like Carslisle and Pop's teams ... but the coach / head mind of those elite teams I reference doesn't know what he's talking about ...

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24

Now that he's declining, it's a real possibility that he doesn't win another title. There are a ton of variables, luck and health (his/his teammates) being a couple of them. Wilt was even more dominant (stats wise) than LeBron or MJ and he ended up with only two.

Not hating at all but winning two titles would put him barely at .500, the media can push him as GOAT but fans won't buy it. There was a window where he could've really made a mark and clearly put his name in the GOAT conversation, then after colluding, he had maybe the worst NBA Finals a superstar ever had in 2011. He redeemed himself with a back to back but he's lost his last two Fonals in a row. Let's be honest, 2/6 is not GOAT worthy no matter how you cut it. Even Wilt has a tough time getting GOAT love with those insane numbers but underwhelming Finals outcomes.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Now that he's declining, it's a real possibility that he doesn't win another title. There are a ton of variables, luck and health (his/his teammates) being a couple of them. Wilt was even more dominant (stats wise) than LeBron or MJ and he ended up with only two.

Not hating at all but winning two titles would put him barely at .500, the media can push him as GOAT but fans won't buy it. There was a window where he could've really made a mark and clearly put his name in the GOAT conversation, then after colluding, he had maybe the worst NBA Finals a superstar ever had in 2011. He redeemed himself with a back to back but he's lost his last two Fonals in a row. Let's be honest, 2/6 is not GOAT worthy no matter how you cut it. Even Wilt has a tough time getting GOAT love with those insane numbers but underwhelming Finals outcomes.

Peakwise it's VERY close, the closest I've seen from another wing player, although I think MJ was slightly better overall. I think that's what Carlisle is referring to
    Last edited by Kvnzhangyay; 07-22-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    The only time Lebron will ever be "up there" with Jordan is when the Heat retire Lebron's jersey.

I say damn, son!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar