Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default 01/15/13 - Toronto Raptors 14-23 at Brooklyn Nets 22-15

New Look Raptors (who are no longer soft since their starting front court got hurt) take on the New Look Nets (who are in the midst of the post coach change bump). Raptors have injuries but lineup is same it's been last few weeks. Nets will be without Wallace (bruised ribs - his injuries always sound like he plays football) and possibly Blatche (missed shootaround sick, may play later. Is that code for "hungover"?)

Nets have won 8 of 9, but Raptors have been better too.

All three of these girls would be better starting at PF than Bargnani.

Last edited by niko; 01-15-2013 at 08:33 PM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: 01/15/13 - Toronto Raptors 14-23 at Brooklyn Nets 22-15

Hopefully we get our seventh straight win tonight. The Toronto Raptors are playing great basketball. This is a game that Kris Humphries needs to start because Evans cannot guard Ed Davis. Davis is too quick for Evans and shooting forwards always kill Evans. Nene and West were the recent players that beat Reggie badly. I like our chance because we're at home and the Nets offense is flowing much better then in ever has. The second quarters have been a huge problem defensively and that's because Marshon Brooks is getting playing time. Marshon, as well as our second unit need to play better defense in the 2nd quarter.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Niko stays taking shots at blatche.

We got this.

NBA lottery pick

Hopefully the Raptor's bench shows up tonight, that last game against Milwaukee was pretty ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Niko stays taking shots at blatche.

We got this.
    I am still taking shots at JR for tweeting a picture of a butt. I have trouble letting things go.

I worry about Blatche's defense though. I want him to stop his guy but he can't, he's just in the area.

MUST STOP....

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Honestly who gives a shit about this game. Raptors aren't good, Nets won't make it past round 1 of playoffs.

Raps in 4

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    Honestly who gives a shit about this game.
    You clearly do seeing as how you clicked on the link and decided to post a load of horse shit.

I click on about 3 threads every day. I judge the thread title and if it's not worth my time I won't click on it. Learn to do the same.

I have a question for you niko. Are you a Nets fan ?

I know you're primarily a Knicks fan but if Brooklyn plays against some other NBA team you'll cheer for them,right ?

Honestly who gives a shit about this game. Raptors aren't good, Nets won't make it past round 1 of playoffs.
    I like watching basketball, which explains why I'm in this forum. Why you here dawg?

Can't see my lowly Raps winning this game, but crazier things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I have a question for you niko. Are you a Nets fan ?

I know you're primarily a Knicks fan but if Brooklyn plays against some other NBA team you'll cheer for them,right ?
    Depends who they play. I'm apathetic to if they beat Toronto plus they are closer to us so they can lose. If they play Heat i'm a Net fan. Celtics - Net fan. So i guess they are the lesser of most evils.

Except JJ. I don't like JJ. Stands around in Wizard game crapping his pants for end of game and most of 2 OT's then hits easy shot to win. I'M FANTASTIC! LOOK AT ME! He literally was hiding away from the ball most of the crunch time of that game.

I think the key today though is for Blatche not to double team. The funny thing is, even though we thought he was double and possibly even triple teaming he's really not, he's just in the area.

Local High School Star

Hmmm. What team do you pledge allegiance to? Please don't say Knicks or you'll look like an even bigger douchebag then you came off in that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Except JJ. I don't like JJ. Stands around in Wizard game crapping his pants for end of game and most of 2 OT's then hits easy shot to win. I'M FANTASTIC! LOOK AT ME! He literally was hiding away from the ball most of the crunch time of that game.
    You dislike him because of that one game? Joe had 18 points and 3 assists on 50% shooting in that game? That's efficient and right around his season average. Joe has been our second best player and in at least half of our games has been our best player. Aside from giving you 18-20 a game, he chips in a very, very underrated 3-5 assists every game. Those assists count as an extra 6 points minimum too. I want Joe to come off screens more and hit open jumpers like Ray Allen does but I don't understand you're hate for him.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    You dislike him because of that one game? Joe had 18 points and 3 assists on 50% shooting in that game? That's efficient and right around his season average. Joe has been our second best player and in at least half of our games has been our best player. Aside from giving you 18-20 a game, he chips in a very, very underrated 3-5 assists every game. Those assists count as an extra 6 points minimum too. I want Joe to come off screens more and hit open jumpers like Ray Allen does but I don't understand you're hate for him.
    No, i have a long hatred for him as a Sun and Hawk. He's a good player who is considered a semi star because he's paid like a star. JR is a better player than JJ right now at 1/10th the salary. And less scared.

Net fans will argue with me now but a year or two from now he's going to be hated, the giant salary that blocks you from improving and underachieves.