Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Will Derek Rose Go Down As One of the Worst MVPs Of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    Yup. Lebron was robbed for roses MVP and last years All-star MVP

Sweet avatar

Default Re: Will Derrick Rose Go Down As One of the Worst MVPs Of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Dwight Howard deserved MVP that year Derrick winning was a joke but the whole award is a joke anyway
    ur mad cuz kyrie wont ever be considered better than rose untill rose is growing gray hair.

He definitely deserved it. Rose almost singlehandedly won 15-20 games for the Bulls that year.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    ur mad cuz kyrie wont ever be considered better than rose untill rose is growing gray hair.

Irving>>>>>Rose

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    He definitely deserved it. Rose almost singlehandedly won 15-20 games for the Bulls that year.
    this, i remember distinctly around those many games where he put the bulls on his back in the 4th quarter. too bad most these guys claiming roses mvp was a joke barely watched 3 bulls games the entire season. The same year where everyone started realizing lebron was disappearing in the 4th quarter, but somehow lebron deserved the mvp over rose

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

Another terrible thread by SinktheSucker, it's unbelievable how clueless about basketball this clown is given the amount of time he spends talking about it.

This. Some idiots obviously didn't watch any Bulls games that year, or they are having an allergic reaction to all his clutch shots for the obvious reason.

Rose wasn't even the best player at his position that season. I still don't understand how he won the MVP. He wasn't leading in anything. I think what the bulls had the best record but that's about all right? Dwight Howard should've won it that year.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    I'm sorry at least the player I'm a fan of is actually, ya know, playing. But please by all means ignore what I posted and just talk about something unrelated no one will notice you deflecting the truth. Dwight was better than rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Big One
    iverson? LLLLOOOOL. you dont know shit about the nba if you think that. Kobe was a much worse MVP, he basically got it as a career achievement award.
    Are you joking about Iverson?

7-time NBA All-Star

I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to say they would have won 15 fewer games without him. 47 wins sounds reasonable, though 50 wouldn't have surprised me with that defense and rebounding. However, I'd say Orlando would have won at least 20 fewer games without Howard, they won 52, and I can't see them doing much better than 32-50 that year without him. Dwight played far better than he had in any other year and everything Orlando was doing at both ends revolved around him.

As far as Lebron, I just don't see a way to argue that Rose could impact a game like Lebron. Lebron was a better scorer when he wanted to be, a better shooter, a better rebounder, a better passer and a much better defender.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

honestly, Some Lebron stans will never be happy with the MVP votings.

Apparently nobody deserved the MVP except for when Lebron wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    honestly, Some Lebron stans will never be happy with the MVP votings.

Apparently nobody deserved the MVP except for when Lebron wins it.

Do you know how to read, boy? I also mentioned Dirk, Wade, and Dwight in my first post. It just isn't LeBron. There were better players

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to say they would have won 15 fewer games without him. 47 wins sounds reasonable, though 50 wouldn't have surprised me with that defense and rebounding. However, I'd say Orlando would have won at least 20 fewer games without Howard, they won 52, and I can't see them doing much better than 32-50 that year without him. Dwight played far better than he had in any other year and everything Orlando was doing at both ends revolved around him.

As far as Lebron, I just don't see a way to argue that Rose could impact a game like Lebron. Lebron was a better scorer when he wanted to be, a better shooter, a better rebounder, a better passer and a much better defender.
    Just the fact that the Magic were only able to accumulate 52 wins eliminates Howard. I remember having this kind of comversation about Pippen in 94. The way it was worded to me was that historically, players dont win the MVP award unless their team is top 3. I guess its kinda an unwritten rule. James had no business winning it because his team underachieved during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Do you know how to read, boy? I also mentioned Dirk, Wade, and Dwight in my first post. It just isn't LeBron. There were better players
    Agree. I don't have a *huge* problem with the award since its criteria are kinda shaky, but I would've preferred if any of Dirk, Wade, Dwight won (Rose isn't an awful pick, but I think all three guys were more deserving).

The media voting is problematic though. I value the MVP from prior to the shift from player voting much more (I forget which season it started?). The Sporting News holds a player vote for their MVP award (well, at least they have in the past, at least through the 80s...the last year I know for fact there was a player vote was 89).