Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: at Kobe, Duncan, KG and Dirk die hard fans

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You won't tune in for Sacre Bleu? Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Mikan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Sacre

Destiny. Hope he gets his deserved starting gig this year

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Destiny. Hope he gets his deserved starting gig this year
    How could he not? Who is the competition?

That is an amazing picture. Saved on my iPod

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    sure, in a vacuum, but lets look at reality.

Lets swap Dirk and Kobe....that makes it fair.

Are the 00 Mavs winning the title with Kobe? **** no.

Are the 01 Mavs winning the title with Kobe? Nope. The Lakers and Spurs would be clear cut better teams.

Are the 02 Mavs winnin the title with Kobe? Nah....the 02 Kings or 02 Lakers would beat them.

Are the 03 Mavs winning the title with Kobe? Certainly possible, but hardly a lock.

Are the 04 Mavs winning the title with Kobe? Hell no. That team was horribly flawed and Nash was hurt and Finley was declining in the playoffs.

So...nope. You get 1 title at most for what you are talking about. Sorry.
    you're being so dense.. notice how I didn't say the exact same cast.. I said a guy who could leave Kobe and win 2 MVPs..

Kobe/Nash/Finley aint gonna work nobody would ever build around Kobe like that

but if you put a PF/C who is as good at his position as Nash is at his.. and you put a SF next to Kobe who was as good as Finley was at his position next to 22 year old Kobe for 5 years then they are going to win multiple titles..

Nash was elite as his position and Finley was an on again off again all star during his time with Dirk

an elite PF with an all star SF next to a prime Kobe for multiple years..

I'm not betting against them winning some gold..
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 07-27-2015 at 10:52 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    you're being so dense.. notice how I didn't say the exact same cast.. I said a guy who could leave Kobe and win 2 MVPs..

Kobe/Nash/Finley aint gonna work nobody would ever build around Kobe like that

but if you put a PF/C who is as good at his position as Nash is at his.. and you put a SF next to Kobe who was as good as Finley was at his position next to 22 year old Kobe for 5 years then they are going to win multiple titles..

Nash was elite as his position and Finley was an on again off again all star during his time with Dirk

Again...what players? Tell me the team that isn't absurdly all time loaded that Kobe is winning with those years?

Remember, he has to beat Dirk/Shaq...and Duncan led teams....or loaded Kings teams.

He can't have Dirk, Shaq, Duncan, or KG in this example...or you are just building another super team.

So please list out the potential teams Kobe is leading to multiple titles from 00 through 04 like you claimed.

I'm not being dense at all. I'm just trying to show you it isn't that simple.

Oh, and the other thing....the guy you place next to kobe that fills in for Nash...he has to be terrible in the 04 playoffs and be injured.

So by all means....show me the teams Kobe is leading that is beating Dirk/Shaq, Duncan, KG, and those Kings teams....because I don't see it outside of 03.

And again...they have to follow the Mavs pattern. The Mavs simply weren't a very good team in 00...certainly not a title contender. In 01 they were better, but Nash still had not reached star or even superstar level. You have to factor that in. The player you give Kobe can't be a superstar in 00 or 01....and has to be hurt in 04.

And the coach can't be phil jackson or larry brown or someone like that. Has to be a good, but not all time great playoff coach.

You see my point? You have two years of legit contending at best....and in one of those years (02)....he would have to face a loaded Dirk/Shaq team and or the 02 Kings as well. I just don't see him winning. They barely beat the 02 Kings with Shaq/Phil....I don't see how he's beating them with a far lesser player and coach.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-27-2015 at 11:13 PM.

See. It's comments like this. What years are you talking about?

Because I can assure you Nash was not elite in 00, 01, or 04. I really don't think you know much about those Mavs or the players.

Why does Kobe get an elite pf and all star sf every year when Dirk didn't remotely have that?

Nash just wasn't a legit star until 02. And he was hurt in 04.

That is what I keep trying to get at. The Mavs just really weren't ready to contend in 00 (neither was Kobe good enough to lead a team to a title as the best player in 00), 01, or 04 with a flawed roster and injuries.

You are really just stuck with 02 and 03 as chances...and I'm very hesitant to call 02 a legit chance given the teams waiting for them.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Again...what players? Tell me the team that isn't absurdly all time loaded that Kobe is winning with those years?

Give Kobe an eventual 2x MVP the year before he wins them and they win rings,, especially when you put another all star by them

Kobe & KG + an all star ring = rings..
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 07-27-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Give Kobe an eventualy 2x MVP the year before he wins them and they win rings,, especially when you put another all star by them

Kobe & KG + an all star ring = rings..
    KG is way way way way better than Nash was on the Mavs though.

I don't mean to be rude, but you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Nash wasn't a star until 02. He was absolutely not elite.

Do you at least realize you are only talking about 2 years? Please go do some research or something. It's obvious you didn't watch back then....but at least try to learn.

Nash was not good enough in 00 or 01...and he was hurt in 04.

LOL...you just continue to make my point for me. Kobe needs a guy like prime/peak KG in your hypothetical. Wow....so amazing...Kobe might win a title with peak KG....shocking

So would/could have Dirk. KG/Dirk is a way better combo for winning in the playoffs than Nash/Dirk....so your hypothetical doesn't even make sense.

And I say he "might" win....because it's hardly a lock. Again....00 and 01 are removed because the Mavs weren't ready.

And is KG/Kobe going to beat the 02 Kings? I would definitely largely favor the Kings here.

They'd win for sure in 03 with no injuries, but I don't see what point that proves. A healthy Dirk/KG easily win in 03 as well.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-27-2015 at 11:38 PM.

the only year you can blame dirk to not win it all with a decent team was 03.
    but again, DIrk played only 3 games out of 6 against Duncans Spurs....

04 nash shot under 40 % and so did finley.....

and i thin DIrk entered slowly his prime in 04/05.

i mentioned a few weeks ago in a thread about the denver nuggets series in2009, where Dirk averaged over 34.5 points 12 reb 4 ass on 53/39/92 with 66 % TS

Kobe averaged nearly the same, but Dirks second best man was Jason terry with 38% and Kobe had paul gasol with 17-19 ppg and 12 reb on 52-60 % with decend D.
    Wouldnt Dirk win it all especially in thoise years 2006-2012 with a decent big man who averages PER over 20 with 17-19 ppg, over 50% from the field with decend D? And with a GOAT coach?

so well if kobe would have won some rings with nash as pg and finley as backup, so i think its defenetly not crazy to think about the fact that Dirk could have won some rings with Phil, Gasol, Odom, Fisher and MWP.

Terry was Dirks second best man over nearly a decade and he shots 3x times under 40 in the playoffs. over a very long strech Dirks Big man were Diop/Dampiers....no comment on that.

Being a player fan is a really beta thing to do. You people waste so much energy and time on human beings that could give 2 shits if your moms were getting face ****ed by Donald Trump.

Pretty much have been used to the Lakers without Kobe the last 2 seasons....Duncan and Dirk fans will have a harder time to adjust without them playing as they are used to seeing them play every season, whereas
    Lakers have got only about 30-40 games from Kobe since he tore his achilles over 2 years ago.

Of course I'll keep following the GOAT NBA franchise as long as they are putting a decent product out there. Russell/Randle/Clarkson + any future FA signing will keep me interested for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Being a player fan is a really beta thing to do. You people waste so much energy and time on a human being that could give 2 shits if your moms were getting face ****ed by Donald Trump.
    As opposed to being a team fan where you waste time and energy on 12-15 human beings that could give 2 shits if your mom was getting face ****ed by Donald Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Being a player fan is a really beta thing to do. You people waste so much energy and time on human beings that could give 2 shits if your moms were getting face ****ed by Donald Trump.
    Meh, you could say that about pretty much everything.

You are the one diminishing winning. I'm saying Hondo was better than Kobe. Why do you disagree?

Sounds like a fan of a player that ruined the chemistry of teams, choked away the 04 finals, missed the playoffs in his prime, choked away a 3-1 series lead and quit in a game 7, led his team to an epic elimination game loss in the finals after blowing a 24 point lead in the swing game of the same series, got swept as a huge favorite (Dirk undefeated against Kobe in playoffs.... )....

Go, become a Carmelo Anthony fan.
    - anyone with eyes sees who the better player is
    - the GOAT defense focused all of their attention on an injured Kobe (shoulder injury from the previous series on that reverse dunk)
    - Lakers had no chance of winning Game 7 on the road against a much better team, him taking more shots wouldn't have made a difference, they lost the previous game with him dropping 50 because they couldn't defend that Suns team
    - Celtics were easily the better team in that series, team lost collectively, as evidenced in Game 6 of that 08 series

Wow, Dirk is undefeated against Kobe, like they went 1 v 1, right?
    I'll take 5 rings and 7 Finals over 1 title and choking a 2 - 0 Finals lead