Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will Steph Curry break the most made 3s in a game record next season?

The record is 12 (Kobe and Donyell Marshall). Curry's career high was back in 2013 when he made 11-13 from 3 against the New York Knicks (also finished with his career high 54pts).

I can see him having a crazy shooting night and going something like 15-21 from 3

Default Re: Will Steph Curry break the most made 3s in a game record next season?

I'm surprised he hasn't broken it yet. He's bound to do it sooner or later.

Default Re: Will Steph Curry break the most made 3s in a game record next season?

It seems like a stubborn record to break.

I remember when Chandler Parsons hit 10 3s in a half, and I thought, oh cool, finally someone's about to break it, and he still managed to not break it.

It becomes difficult because the defender will also make it a personal challenge to prevent you from doing so, because you do not want to be the guy that that is done against. Also, defensive schemes change in light of such a hot hand.

Edit: Faulty memory, I thought it was in the first half, but it was in the second half of a game.
    Last edited by TemporaMutantur; 07-26-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TemporaMutantur
    It seems like a stubborn record to break.

I remember when Chandler Parsons hit 10 3s in the first half of a game, and I thought, oh cool, finally someone's about to break it, and he still managed to not break it.

It becomes difficult because the defender will also make it a personal challenge to prevent you from doing so, because you do not want to be the guy that that is done against. Also, defensive schemes change in light of such a hot hand.
    Klay made 9 3s in his record breaking 37pt 3rd quarter but still failed to break the most 3s in a game

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

I have no doubt a healthy Curry will break the record one day. He makes ridiculous shots and he doesn't even need to be open.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Klay made 9 3s in his record breaking 37pt 3rd quarter but still failed to break the most 3s in a game

Yeah, I was just about to bring that up. However, that insane run gave them over a 20+ lead. I don't believe he even played much in the 4th quarter.

I'm sure a lot of guys could do it if they just chucked like assholes and went into JR smith mode.

But it's much more rewarding breaking it with some merit.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

6 different players have hit 11 in a game or more. 5 of them are still active.

15 of the 23 10+ games have happened since 2009. 8 of them in the last two seasons. Names like Deron, Ariza, Ross, Parsons, Miles, Joe, Chalmers, Lawson, are there... Along with the somewhat expected Steph, JR, Klay, Kyrie...

Wouldn't surprise me to see any player top 12 3pters in a game very soon. Rather it be Steph or JR, or some scrub like Corey Brewer or Lin randomly get hot. It's been too close recently for it not to happen.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

before that game Kobe had never made more than 5 in a game.. then randomly goes 12 for 18 from 3..

btw does he still hold the record for most threes made in a row with nine? or has Curry/Klay broken that yet?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    before that game Kobe had never made more than 5 in a game.. then randomly goes 12 for 18 from 3..

btw does he still hold the record for most threes made in a row with nine? or has Curry/Klay broken that yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rankc8FgUVk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZdoevq3E4

Lawson's is funny because he was literally 10-10 (with the 10th coming with just 30-something seconds left) and then launched a halfcourt shot at the end of the quarter because no one told him he had the record. Didn't take another shot after that. Could have been the only player to ever finish 10-10 if he didn't take the buzzer beater. Parsons missed his first 4 and then hit 10 straight (10-14 for the game).
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 07-26-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rankc8FgUVk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZdoevq3E4

Lawson's is funny because he was literally 10-10 and then launched a halfcourt shot at the end of the quarter because no one told him he had the record. Didn't take another shot after that. Could have been the only player to ever finish 10-10 if he didn't take the buzzer beater. Parsons missed his first 3 and then finished 10-11 (10-14 for the game).

Baha, oh man, the guy at 1:36 in the Lawson video was such a doucheeeeee. I almost didn't notice because there was a relatively cute girl next to him.

Yeah, spoiled his shooting performance with that last shot, but at the same time, when you're 10-10, you pretty much just expect to drain the shot.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

durant will before him

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    6 different players have hit 11 in a game or more. 5 of them are still active.

15 of the 23 10+ games have happened since 2009. 8 of them in the last two seasons. Names like Deron, Ariza, Ross, Parsons, Miles, Joe, Chalmers, Lawson, are there... Along with the somewhat expected Steph, JR, Klay, Kyrie...

Wouldn't surprise me to see any player top 12 3pters in a game very soon. Rather it be Steph or JR, or some scrub like Corey Brewer or Lin randomly get hot. It's been too close recently for it not to happen.
    GOATmers

Lebron will break it.

Decent college freshman

I don't know. Maybe if MJ was still coach. Kerr wants him to focus on running the offense.

I think that this record is one that will be broken soon, either be Curry or someone else. Every season people get close but fail to make it.