Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ postmupndunkit's Avatar

Default Re: How to make the All-Star game more competitive?

Add 3 4pt racks at half court for the 3pt contest.

Fans get to vote on dunk ideas with the player via text from dunks they already made up... interactive poll.

Skills challenge... add alcohol, tequila specifically

I'd prefer to have a half court 3v3 pickup tournament, guys till get selected like all stars but teams are picked randomly (by conference) and they play it out until a winner is decided, games would be quick and each player would get time on the court

That's just what I would like to see, others might not

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I would like if it decided who got HCA in the Finals.. only way to make players give a damn.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    I've always felt people made WAY too big a deal about All-Star games. They're exhibition games that literally don't mean anything, yet people endlessly debate who should make it, who got snubbed, who should have won MVP etc.

The players involved simply have too much $$ riding on them to risk injury in an absolutely meaningless game. And you guys can say what you want, if a player from your favorite team got hurt yesterday you'd all be singing a different tune.

Bottomline is, these players have everything to lose and nothing to gain by participating in this game, so I can't even blame them for erring on the side of caution.
    well it's an award to be an allstar and for ranking players and discussing history it matters. That is why kobe making it these last few years, really hurts the value of that award. It's also used in things like models for projecting a player's likelyhood of going to the hall of fame. That wasn't done randomly, it's just a fact that hall voters look at going to the allstar game when making decisions, so again the award matters. The game doesn't. i've honestly never heard people debate who should win an allstar game MVP more than a day after the game at least.

NBA rookie of the year

You'd have to change today's players back into grown men who were actually competitive.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

It's much easier than you thought. Put these bishes pride on the stake. Make the losing team suck a dyk or something.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    You'd have to change today's players back into grown men who were actually competitive.

I don't think it's as simple as "they are not competitive", why do you think they compete in the other games?

Even if a player wants to play for real, he doesn't want to be the only one who plays defense while the 9 other guys aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    It's much easier than you thought. Put these bishes pride on the stake. Make the losing team suck a dyk or something.
    just because you suck your fathers dick while your mom is watching, doesnt mean that cultivated europeans are doing this as well
    Last edited by pastis; 02-16-2016 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    just because you suck your fathers dick while your mom is watching, doesnt mean that cultivated europeans are doing this as well
    What's your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    ....that will not solve anything, ......what if several players like it, perhaps even does it on a daily basis.......then you got players trying to lose on purpose........think man, think !

Last edited by tomtucker; 02-16-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Local High School Star

has anybody ever got injured in asg? cut the bs. then dont play games becauase u can get injured there too
    noboy expects trapping, full court press 100% defense. just play half serious

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    well it's an award to be an allstar and for ranking players and discussing history it matters. That is why kobe making it these last few years, really hurts the value of that award. It's also used in things like models for projecting a player's likelyhood of going to the hall of fame. That wasn't done randomly, it's just a fact that hall voters look at going to the allstar game when making decisions, so again the award matters. The game doesn't. i've honestly never heard people debate who should win an allstar game MVP more than a day after the game at least.
    This is my only gripe with the all-star setup we currently have. People think it means something, when it really just means that Player X is popular.

Stop pretending that an all-star selection means anything, and embrace the fun aspect. Hell, even make the game overly ridiculous for all I care; add in some NBA Jam (I think it was) style circles on that court.. you shoot and make it from there, you get the points that it's labeled for.

Truth be told, people watch the Globetrotters because it's entertaining.... let's see how truly talented these NBA players are. Not going to lie, I won't watch that product, nor do I watch now, but at least embrace the entertainment aspect of the game, and celebrate the players that work so hard to get to where they are.

AS games are just the players giving a good show for the fans, nothing else. It becomes competitive to a certain point but the atmosphere should be like it is, loose and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    AS games are just the players giving a good show for the fans, nothing else. It becomes competitive to a certain point but the atmosphere should be like it is, loose and fun.
    The fans clearly didn't like their show of dicking around.

I rule the local playground

Give the winning conference more home games for their out of conference schedule the following season.