Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Barkley: Westbrook is the most athletic player I've ever seen in the NBA

There are so many definitions of athleticism. But in terms of pure explosion off the ground, WB is up there with anyone in history. WB is only about 6'3" but he attacks and finishes like a 6'6" 2 guard. No one would ever think that Irving, Wall and Curry are all around the same height because WB simply explodes much better off the ground and plays taller. With the other 3, you know they are short players.

College superstar

Default Re: Barkley: Westbrook is the most athletic player I've ever seen in the NBA

Not a single mention of Nate Robinson, Charlie Ward, Steve Nash, David Robinson, Darius Miles, Hakeem...?

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Yeah, Iverson has as big a claim as Westbrook does. He was super fast, super quick, his explosion was crazy (more spontaneous tap ins than Rose or Westbrook), balance was great, and had incredible endurance.
    not to mention his legitimate 40+ inch vert

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

90's Iverson was pretty athletic

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Not a single mention of Nate Robinson
    Nikka has blocks over Bran, Shaq, Yao and D12.

I think Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook are the most athletic PG ever

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    There are so many definitions of athleticism. But in terms of pure explosion off the ground, WB is up there with anyone in history. WB is only about 6'3" but he attacks and finishes like a 6'6" 2 guard. No one would ever think that Irving, Wall and Curry are all around the same height because WB simply explodes much better off the ground and plays taller. With the other 3, you know they are short players.
    Wall and Irving are noticeably taller than Westbrook, too. They're closer to Wade's height. Wade's arm length stands out. If you see how easy Wade dunks he would get consideration too.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Not a single mention of Nate Robinson, Charlie Ward, Steve Nash, David Robinson, Darius Miles, Hakeem...?
    Nate lacked speed and wasn't as quick as some others.
    Ward might have better off as a quarter back.
    Robinson, outside of perhaps Wilt, would likely beat every player in 440 high hurdles, which is really saying something.
    Hakeem, timing never gets enough attention, his agility and balance was great too.

Shaq gets in on strength, speed, agility and coordination.

Getting run down blocks like Lebron is really an amazing feat. the timing for blocks on small guys is crazy. Especially Wade, and Rose was the only PG really getting them.

Westbrook would torch LeBron in a 100m sprint.