Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: Raptors Rotation

I agree BK 33. I am fine with Amir starting, but coming out quickly for Patterson and then checking back in for Val as the back-up center.

I like Amir playing shifts of 5-4-4. Similar to what Garnett did with his minutes restrictions from doc.

Val I kinda like playing 8-4-4. I do not like either of these guys playing extended minutes as the back end of their shifts are usually ineffective. Casey has to be more thoughtful about how he subs.

Surely playing 3 shifts per half is doable, as Val would freeze up while sitting or too long. Give im an 8 minute shift, let him rest for 4, bring him back in for 4, give him another quick breather and then bring him back in to close out.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

The raps looks to be a very solid 10 deep, and Casey has no reason to play any old favs like Salmons or Alan Anderson. Ujiri has taken those guys away from him. He has fields, who probably only plays if an injury happens to JJ. He can play the same role as JJ, only to a lesser degree.
    Hands has surprised with his change of attitude and acceptance of a role on the team.

No raptor team, to date, has ever had the depth that this roster possesses.
    2 deep at every position and veteran third stringers with character in fields and hayes and stiesma. As well as two promising youngsters with upside in Bruno and Bebe.
    Next summer will be very interesting with players coming off the books like sweet lou, hands, amir, hayes and fields. With the emergence of Scott in Atlanta, maybe the hawks won't have the money to pay millsap. I'd take millsap in a second.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    No raptor team, to date, has ever had the depth that this roster possesses.
    2 deep at every position .......As well as two promising youngsters with upside in Bruno and Bebe.

Next summer will be very interesting with players coming off the books like sweet lou, hansboro, amir, hayes and fields. With the emergence of Scott in Atlanta, maybe the hawks won't have the money to pay millsap. I'd take millsap in a second.
    Good Post.

Next Season is the real question mark given the guys coming off the cap / roster and the players the Raptors may target AND two middle first round draft picks AND the all star game coming to town.

Assuming Hansboro, Chuck Hayes, Fields are net cuts to the team roster ~ $16 Million

Assuming Amir and Lou come back for mostly the same money or modest decreases and the guaranteed raises accoss the board primarily for Val , Ross but a little to Vasquez (I recall), Bruno, Bebe etc..

~ $13M

Targets

1) The obvious name everyone including Drake dreams of. Probably requires a sign and trade and players back to make it work; even if he would potentially consider Toronto

2) Millsap ??

3) Greg Monroe ??

4) Tristan Thompson ?? Get the other Canadian kid that is actually contributing every night ?

5) Marc Gasou ?