Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anybody else think Derrick Rose will not live up to the hype

Call me crazy, call me what you want, but I don't see this kid being as good as he is being made out to be. He's an explosive player, but alot of people are comparing him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Watching his game, I see a young Stephon Marbury type player. Not saying he won't be a solid NBA performer, but no way he's going to be as good as Chris Paul.

You want a real point guard, take Jerryd Bayless. Bookmark this page. Mark my words, Jerryd Bayless will have a better rookie season than Rose, and will have a better career. Who ever gets him will be set for the next 10-15 years. Remember Chris Paul went 3 in the draft himself and look what he's turned out to be.

Anybody else think Derrick Rose will not live up to the hype?
    Last edited by Fresh-2-Def; 05-21-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: rephrasing

Default Re: Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a BUST?

No, it's only you

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

The Memphis guy whose team lost in the NCAA finals rite? Yeah maybe

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    No, it's only you
    Bookmark it..You will see!

So he's a bust now if he's not better then Chris Paul? No one said he'd be better then Paul, they simply said he's the best prospect since Paul meaning he has all the skills needed to be that type of player in the future.

I dont think he will be a BUST. but he is definitely overrated. He's not one of the best 2 players in the draft. thats just my opinion.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

With that much athleticism, barring no injuries, the worst case scenario for Rose is to turn out like Steve Francis. He's also calm and collective under pressure and his IQ is already near NBA level. Give him some time and there's more than a 75% chance he'll be an NBA all-star, at least in the East.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I don't expect him to be a superstar, but he'll be one of the top 5 players from this class. I wouldn't want him as my teams point guard though. I would go Beasley, given the option.

Deron Williams in 5 years<<<<<<<Derrick Rose in 5 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh-2-Def
    Call me crazy, call me what you want, but I don't see this kid being as good as he is being made out to be. He's an explosive player, but alot of people are comparing him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

Watching his game, I see a young Stephon Marbury type player. Not saying he won't be a solid NBA performer, but no way he's going to be as good as Chris Paul.

You want a real point guard, take Jerryd Bayless. Bookmark this page. Mark my words, Jerryd Bayless will have a better rookie season than Rose, and will have a better career. Who ever gets him will be set for the next 10-15 years. Remember Chris Paul went 3 in the draft himself and look what he's turned out to be.

Anybody else think Derrick Rose will be a bust?
    Jerryd Bayless isnt really a "real" point guard. He has the ability to break down guys and create for others but his other point guard "skills" are raw. Dont get me wrong, Bayless is sick and I think hes the best shooter out of the bunch but Rose is the better prospect and will probably be the better player.

I would take Bayless over Gordon for sure and maybe over Mayo.

I think he's a bit overrated but he won't be a bust. He's still developing as a point guard, he's not as advanced or pure as Deron and CP3 were when they enterred the league, but they didn't come out as freshmen like he did. He's also a much better athlete then both and he's further along as a defender than either Paul or Williams (although both are good-great athletes themselves, and above average defenders). I think he'll probably dissapoint initially because of how high the expectations on him are and because people will expecct Paul and Willliams level results, but in the long run he will be a superstar.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I think EVERY NBA rookie is overrated these days. The amount of hype and exposure these kids get is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I think EVERY NBA rookie is overrated these days. The amount of hype and exposure these kids get is ridiculous.
    I know what you mean. Sebastian Telfair got so much hype for dominating high school kids and still hasn't lived up to it. He's a solid pg, but people will always look at him as a bust because of the hype he received. It's sad! I like Rose and think he has skills, but he won't be as good as alot of "experts" have said he will be.

so not better than CP3 equals a bust?

didn't know so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    so not better than CP3 equals a bust?

didn't know so.
    Bust=Not living up to the hype given

Sebastian Telfair is a talented point guard, but he's a bust as well because he didn't live up to the hype. He was suppose to be Chris Paul before anybody knew Chris Paul if you know what I mean.