Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Default The difference between Lebron and Kobe

What do you guys think about this?

If you give Lebron the same amount of support as Kobe as had his career, he OWNS the league in the same way as Magic owned the 80's (i.e. being on a championship contender every single year and quite probably winning more titles than both MJ and Magic).

If he had the following...

-- Played for the league's most popular franchise and largest fan base

-- Played for an organization that knows how to win and cannot accept losing

-- Had the tutelage of one of the greatest players, GMs and talent evaluators of all time (Jerry West)

-- Matured on a team LOADED with talent

-- Played with one of the most dominant centers of all time for most of his career

-- Played with one of the best coaching staffs of all time (led by HOF'er Phil Jackson) for most of his career

-- Played for another coach (Rudy Tomjonavich) that also won multiple rings.

I'm telling you Lebron would OWN THE LEAGUE. He wouldn't have all the individual accolades that Kobe has, but the Lakers would be able to mix and match pieces around him for his whole career like they did with Magic Johnson. Look at all the players the Lakers were able to surround Magic with from 1980 - 1992.

It's no doubt in my mind Lebron would get more than 6 rings easily. He would be this generation's version of Magic Johnson. I'm not talking about their skill set, I'm talking about their versatility and mindset.

That's not taking anything away from Kobe Bryant. He's a great player but the Lakers have always built themselves around the team concept until Kobe voted everyone off the island. Every championship team the Lakers have ever had was built on a team concept. The Lakers changed it up for Kobe, changing themselves into Kobe and the Kobettes.

Lebron and the Lakers would have been the perfect match.

Default Re: The difference between Lebron and Kobe

Well if lebron had all that he would be better then kobe by far and have more rings then kobe.

thats a big "if" lol

So many Ifs...

If penny wasn't injured...

If Shaq didn't leave Lakers...

If MJ had not retire...

And I thought you are da realist

Wow, how quickly has the tide turned and how sweet it is now, huh guys?

Ah well anyway. Kobe's just always had everything better and easier his entire career than everyone else. What can you do, some of us are just born under a lucky star.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Please don't compare the two. Kome Cryant will never be as good as LeBron.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    thats a big "if" lol

So many Ifs...

If penny wasn't injured...

If Shaq didn't leave Lakers...

If MJ had not retire...

And I thought you are da realist
    Well, it's almost the end of the season. Doesn't hurt to wonder "what if". :)

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    What do you guys think about this?

If you give Lebron the same amount of support as Kobe as had his career, he OWNS the league in the same way as Magic owned the 80's (i.e. being on a championship contender every single year and quite probably winning more titles than both MJ and Magic).

If he had the following...

-- Played for the league's most popular franchise and largest fan base

-- Played for an organization that knows how to win and cannot accept losing

-- Had the tutelage of one of the greatest players, GMs and talent evaluators of all time (Jerry West)

-- Matured on a team LOADED with talent

-- Played with one of the most dominant centers of all time for most of his career

-- Played with one of the best coaching staffs of all time (led by HOF'er Phil Jackson) for most of his career

-- Played for another coach (Rudy Tomjonavich) that also won multiple rings.

I'm telling you Lebron would OWN THE LEAGUE. He wouldn't have all the individual accolades that Kobe has, but the Lakers would be able to mix and match pieces around him for his whole career like they did with Magic Johnson. Look at all the players the Lakers were able to surround Magic with from 1980 - 1992.

It's no doubt in my mind Lebron would get more than 6 rings easily. He would be this generation's version of Magic Johnson. I'm not talking about their skill set, I'm talking about their versatility and mindset.

That's not taking anything away from Kobe Bryant. He's a great player but the Lakers have always built themselves around the team concept until Kobe voted everyone off the island. Every championship team the Lakers have ever had was built on a team concept. The Lakers changed it up for Kobe, changing themselves into Kobe and the Kobettes.

Lebron and the Lakers would have been the perfect match.

Definition of ignorant... Where was that video of LeBron saying Kobe was better again?

all lbj23 needs is a sidekick like gasol.shaq was the leader,so lebron needs some help.as the leader,just like shaq,he can turn the cavs around.on kobe's behaf,kobe has been the third best player in the world(behind lebron and paul,and lebron and tiger).my best bet would get dwight howard,carlos boozer,elton brand,or dirk(in free agencey).

Local High School Star

Lebron had Carlos Boozer

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

the difference?
    One is a better offensive force and one is a better defensive force.

.... "one" is Kobe.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Definition of ignorant... Where was that video of LeBron saying Kobe was better again?
    What did you expect Lebron to say? That, he himself is the greatest player in the NBA.

Sorry, but not everybody is as cocky as Kobe Bryant.

BTW, out of curiosity, can you give me the date of the last time the CAVS beat the Lakers?

Thanks.

Dizzay
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Lebron> Kobe
    Duncan> Kobe
    D.Wade> Kobe
    Billups> Kobe

He's a finals choker. Anyone who can perform well in the Finals > Kobe.

What use is a good player who becomes crap in the finals?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzay
    Lebron> Kobe
    Duncan> Kobe
    D.Wade> Kobe
    Billups> Kobe

What use is a good player who becomes crap in the finals?

How do you give up a 24 point lead in the 2nd half to ANY team on ANY occasion, let alone in the NBA Finals.

Dizzay
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
    How do you give up a 24 point lead in the 2nd half to ANY team on ANY occasion, let alone in the NBA Finals.
    Kobe is THAT bad. He is about to win his second Finals MVP. His first was in 2004 for the Pistons, now for the Celts.

If I was in the Finals I would pray Kobe was on the other side of the court.

High School Varsity 6th Man grimreaper1377's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzay
    I wouldn't go that far.