Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Lin agrees to terms with the Houston Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Amar'e isn't perfect, but he was very marginilized on the team. You can't score much when you're only getting 5 or 6 shots. And I don't see how his defense was worse. They're both mostly bad with isolated moments of competence.

I believe Amar'e would go back to his 2011 form on a different team.
    The point guard bring the ball up the court. If ou want theball and you feel you can do better, demand it. You can't blame Melo for Amare not being helthy. You can't blame Melo for Amare not developing a low post game. You can't blame Melo for Amare's conditioning. You can't blame Melo for Amare not playing defense.

Chris Bosh wasn't the one killing us in the first round, LeBron was.
    Can't say one guy killed and rip the other guy when the numbers look like these. Stats don't tell the whole story but numbers never lie:

Player A
    27.8 ppg
    6rpg
    5 apg
    47%FG
    35%3P
    80%FT
    4.2TOpg

Player B
    27.8 ppg
    8 rpg
    2apg
    43%FG
    33%3P
    80%FT
    2.8TOpg

I rule the local playground

Amar'e isn't perfect, but he was very marginilized on the team. You can't score much when you're only getting 5 or 6 shots. And I don't see how his defense was worse. They're both mostly bad with isolated moments of competence.

I believe Amar'e would go back to his 2011 form on a different team.
    I agree that Amare didn't get many touches, was underutilized. Woodson didn't really do much to run some plays using him. Probably a better fit on a diff team. Defense wise, Carmelo wasn't much better, but I guess Amare being a big man has a larger responsibility to stop penetration into the paint in addition to chandler, and that's where his revolving door was problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Considering yesterday he actually said anything less than a championship is a wasted season, I have no idea what to expect from Amare.
    I don't know how serious Amare was, but I can say I was very impressed with Felton's answers. They didn't seem scripted. He seemed like a guy who's pissed at the critics and will come in ready to take heads off... especially Lin's. I think he feels like people see him as this huge step down. I don't blame him. Sure Lin has more "upside" but Felton certainly has a longer track record. He seemed pissed. I never was a Felton fan I felt he was overrated @ UNC. But I always liked his toughness.

BTW...another fun fact. LeBron's lowest PPG in the playoffs was in the 1st round against the Knicks!
    Last edited by franchize; 07-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    The point guard bring the ball up the court. If ou want theball and you feel you can do better, demand it. You can't blame Melo for Amare not being helthy. You can't blame Melo for Amare not developing a low post game. You can't blame Melo for Amare's conditioning. You can't blame Melo for Amare not playing defense.
    I wasn't blaming Melo, I was blaming Woodson.

Can't say one guy killed and rip the other guy when the numbers look like these. Stats don't tell the whole story but numbers never lie:

Player A
    27.8 ppg
    6rpg
    5 apg
    47%FG
    35%3P
    80%FT
    4.2TOpg

Player B
    27.8 ppg
    8 rpg
    2apg
    43%FG
    33%3P
    80%FT
    2.8TOpg
    Looks like A is better. Is that LeBron? What were those numbers from?

And you're not considering defense. LeBron locked Carmelo down on almost every single possession they were matched up. It was superb defense. Melo did his damage when Battier was on him.
    Last edited by Scoooter; 07-20-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Chris Bosh wasn't the one killing us in the first round, LeBron was.
    First of all LeBron is so much better than Bosh that it's stupid to compare two of them.

LeBron was killing it all playoffs long. Do you know against which team he had the worst stats ? Yeah,the Knicks.
    He averaged 28/6/6 against us. Melo had 28/8/2. Yeah,he wasn't as efficient but those are respectable numbers.
    But look what LeBron averaged against other teams:
    vs Pacers: 30/11/6
    vs Celtics: 34/11/4
    vs OKC: 29/11/7

So Melo defended LeBron better than Granger,Pierce or Durant did.

On the other hand Bosh averaged the most points against us.

NBA rookie of the year

I just realized that Chandler was guarding Bosh a lot. So I guess it doesn't make sense.

Joel Anthony didn't do much though.

I wasn't blaming Melo, I was blaming Woodson.

Looks like A is better. Is that LeBron? What were those numbers from?

And you're not considering defense. LeBron locked Carmelo down on almost every single possession they were matched up. It was superb defense. Melo did his damage when Battier was on him.
    Yea because Lebron didnt want to guard Melo. Just like he didnt wanna guard Durant. Bottom line is, theyre numbers are very comparable, so you cant act like Lebron killed Melo. Especially when Melo wasnt bitchmade like he was. Also, you cany ignore the fact that Lebrons lowest ppg was against us this playoffs.

When Lebron was on Melo, he went right at him. When Melo was on Lebron, he calls for a pick. I watched each game over with my pops who DVRd ir.

NBA rookie of the year

Yea because Lebron didnt want to guard Melo. Just like he didnt wanna guard Durant. Bottom line is, theyre numbers are very comparable, so you cant act like Lebron killed Melo. Especially when Melo wasnt bitchmade like he was. Also, you cany ignore the fact that Lebrons lowest ppg was against us this playoffs.

When Lebron was on Melo, he went right at him. When Melo was on Lebron, he calls for a pick. I watched each game over with my pops who DVRd ir.
    I can't imagine why this would be the case when every time he did guard Melo he came away with the upper hand - regardless of Melo "going right at him". I think having Battier there was Spoelstra's decision. A way to keep a decent defender on Melo while letting Melo get his without involving the rest of the team - as is usually how his game works.

Ultimate I'd say it worked.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Lets not compare these 2 players at all... in no capacity. Just doesnt even make sense.

Melo is not on his level not even close. You want to take pride in what you call a close match up head to head thats fine. I dont.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]Lets not compare these 2 players at all... in no capacity. Just doesnt even make sense.

Melo is not on his level not even close. You want to take pride in what you call a close match up head to head thats fine. I dont.[/COLOR]
    Well if its close then he is on his level...

Your brain is so trained to saying Melo is only a scorer that you keep regurgitating it regardless of the facts. Nobody is disputing that Lebron is better than Melo. But to act like Melo isnt even in the same league is ridiculous. Bottom line is, their numbers and production were very similar, Lebron scored the least in the playoffs vs us and Melo scored 42 and 35 respectively in his last two games. The question isnt whether Melo is better than Lebron. The question should be how many players can do that vs Lebron consistently? If your list is longer than 3 people, your lying to yourself just to prove a point. Then, when you get that list, tell me how many people on it did the Knicks have a shot at acquiring. I guarantee you the answer will be ZERO! And THAT is why you make the trade. Because Wilson Chandler and/or Gallinari cant compete in the playoffs vs Lebron. They may play well for a game but its not going to happen for a whole series. You know it, I know it, the fans know it, big name free agents know it too. Funny how everyone always says nobody wants to play with the Knicks. How many guys are clamoring to go to Denver? All theyve done is resign their own guys, who were restricted FA.

End of the day, in the playoffs when it counts, Carmelo Anthony was giving just as much as he was getting; and for that, he is worth every penny IMO. If you didnt see that, then I guess we are watching two different things.

I can't imagine why this would be the case when every time he did guard Melo he came away with the upper hand - regardless of Melo "going right at him". I think having Battier there was Spoelstra's decision. A way to keep a decent defender on Melo while letting Melo get his without involving the rest of the team - as is usually how his game works.

Ultimate I'd say it worked.
    Lebron has the luxury to do that. N that wasnt Spoelstras strategy. His strategy was to throw multiple looks at Melo. Start with Lebron. Before Melo can adjust, switch defenders. Miller guarded him. Battier guarded him. Wade guarded him at times too. So unless Melo comes out guns blazing, of course his numbers will look worse against Lebron. Hes always best in the 4th qtr. Furthermore, the Heat have the luxury of doing that...which is why I have no respect for Lebrons decision. He doesnt have to guard the best player on the court. Melo does. Who else would? Furthermore, on D, he can guard Tyson Chandler because as long as you defend pick n roll and lobs, he is inept offensively. If Novak is on the court, as long as you dont help off of him, hes inept too. Plus we didnt have a pg that needs to be taken seriously either. So essentially, we only have three guys that are playmakers. One is as dumb as a bag of rocks and the other is playing with one hand.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

How did a thread about Lin turn into this?

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    How did a thread about Lin turn into this?

Ok...well back to Lin. Can someone explain how Lin only gets 8 in his third year with Houston but it wouldve been 15 for us?

Ok...well back to Lin. Can someone explain how Lin only gets 8 in his third year with Houston but it wouldve been 15 for us?
    houston can restructure the deal if the knicks didnt match to make it out to 8 per year.