Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Pippen or Worthy?

Who would you rather have in your team?
    During their peak, if they switch teams, would their teams be as successful?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Pippen or Worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Worthy was a 3rd option (behind Kareem or Magic).

Pippen was a 2nd option, right behind MJ.

However, Worthy was the FAR superior scorer - enough to be a 25+ ppg player and #1 option.

I'd go with Worthy on most teams - most teams fill scoring needs first, and then defensive needs later.

Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

However, Worthy was the FAR superior scorer - enough to be a 25+ ppg player and #1 option.

I'd go with Worthy on most teams - most teams fill scoring needs first, and then defensive needs later.

No agenda here folks

Scottie

What are you talking about? Worthy never averaged more than 21 ppg. Sure he had a few playoffs where he went 24+ but he always had Magic and old KAJ to take away the pressure. He did squat once Magic retired.

Sure, in iso situations, Worthy was better but Pippen just impacted the game in so many more ways and his scoring abilities were close to Worthy. I would take Pip 100 out of 100 times. He was a level above Worthy in terms of impact.

Surprise, surprise.

Hey, Pippen or Jeff Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew

Hey, Pippen or Jeff Green?
    Pippen... Regarding Worthy vs. Pippen - I'll put it this way - I'd DRAFT Worthy all day over Pippen.

Pippen not a lock when he got drafted - he was a scrawny, undeveloped player that had potential bust written all over him... Whereas Worthy WAS a lock to be a great player.

If Pippen didn't get drafted to the Bulls alongside MJ, no one would ever talk about Pippen today.. The MOST likely scenario is he'd have zero rings, and would never get over the hump that he overcame in Game 7 of 1990 ECF...

He'd never get over that hump on another team, unless he was drafted by the Lakers, Celtics or Pistons - teams like the Bulls who ended up being champions... But on a non-champion, without a mentor like Magic, Bird, or MJ, Pippen's career ends up being like Sean Elliot, with worse offense but better defense... Do we ever talk about 3-time all-star Sean Elliot in these forums?... Nope
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-06-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Banned

duh.. pippen .. hes top 25 all time

worthys more around top 45

Give me Pippen. He proved that he was capable of leading his team deeper into the playoffs without MJ.

National High School Star

Pippen... Regarding Worthy vs. Pippen - I'll put it this way - I'd DRAFT Worthy all day over Pippen.

Pippen not a lock when he got drafted - he was a scrawny, undeveloped player that had potential bust written all over him... Whereas Worthy WAS a lock to be a great player.

If Pippen didn't get drafted to the Bulls alongside MJ, no one would ever talk about Pippen today.. The MOST likely scenario is he'd have zero rings, and would never get over the hump that he overcame in Game 7 of 1990 ECF...

He'd never get over that hump on another team, unless he was drafted by the Lakers, Celtics or Pistons - teams like the Bulls who ended up being champions... But on a non-champion, without a mentor like Magic, Bird, or MJ, Pippen's career ends up being like Sean Elliot, with worse offense but better defense... Do we ever talk about Sean Elliot in these forums?... Nope
    And yet neither would Jordan.

Pippen not a lock when he got drafted - he was a scrawny undeveloped player that had potential bust written all over him... Whereas Worthy WAS a lock to be a great player.

If Pippen didn't get drafted to the Bulls alongside MJ, no one would ever talk about Pippen today.. The MOST likely scenario is he'd have zero rings, and would never get over the hump he got over in Game 7 of 1990 ECF...

He'd never get over that hump on another team, unless he was drafted by the Lakers, Celtics or Pistons - teams like the Bulls who ended up being champions... But on a non-champion, without a mentor like Magic, Bird, or MJ, he's Sean Elliot, with worse offense but better defense... Do we ever talk about Sean Elliot in these forums?... Nope
    Dude. He was drafted by a non championship team.

Why do you keep acting as if the Bulls were this juggernaut when Pippen and Grant joined?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Give me Pippen. He proved that he was capable of leading his team deeper into the playoffs without MJ.
    Who would you DRAFT... It's easy to say you'd take Pippen after he has won 6 rings alongside MJ.

But coming out of college, Worthy was a lock to be a great player, while Pippen was scrawny, weak, and undeveloped - he had bust written all over him.

If he didn't get drafted by a champion like Celtics, Pistons, Lakers or Bulls, then he doesn't have a Bird/Magic/MJ-level mentor that he needs to become the player he became (remember when he got over the hump in 1990 ECF game 7 - he doesn't do that on say, the Vancover Grizzlies)

Big game James is a legend but I'd take Pippen.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Worthy. If they switched teams would their teams be as successful? Yes I do believe that if they switched teams, both teams would have been successful.