Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jerseys

Default Re: Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    I like the jersey, the fact it's a fake is what I don't like.

As many as I have trust me, that Jersey is fake.

The black jerseys are all screen printed, which is a replica, the cheapest and most likely to be a fake.

The fact he states he has a stitched replica was the automatic fake signal.

Here is something that you should be looking for........

Replica - The cheapest version of a jersey, that has screen printing only. Avoid these, most likely to be a fake if not ordered from a major site such as Champs, Modells, NBA store etc.

Swingman - Lettering is stitched on, and material is slightly better than replica. It costs more obviously.

Authentic - Highest quality with the twill professionally stitched on. The numbering is different than the rest. It has sizes in numbers, like 40, 44 and not small, medium, large, etc. Costs a lot more but worth it.

Pro-cut - It's the authentic, but cut like the players wear and offered in all sizes. Often it has +3 or +4 length. Very expensive.

Team-issued - This is what was issued to the player, so it's the authentic in the size that the player wears only.

Hope this helps dude.
    Maybe he's an idiot and he writes "stitched replica", but he doesn't know what a swingman is?

Honestly, I don't even like the jersey. But I have seen it at stores, so they aren't necessarily fakes.

What's your problem with Ebay anyway Knickscity?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    WOW.
    You know so much about it.

You helped me a lot.
    Thanks

Things aren't going to good for me in my attempts to find a Carmelo Anthony jersey but I am sure I will be able to get one in reasonable price.
    Patience is gold.
    Your welcome and book mark my post for future reference.

I have had practice in getting jerseys.

It's a guideline I made that I give to my friends who order jersey's online.

Look at it this way though, In Croatia, you will be one of the few to have a Melo jersey, so no one will hardly know.....whether it's real or not.

From a collectors standpoint, all replicas are considered fakes.

Even if they are bought from a bonafide store, mainly because they are not copies of the official product.

Kinda like baseball cards, certain brands collectors will not touch.

The fact it's black is a dead giveaway though, since the team doesn't wear that one.

But as you look at other sites they all say that particular jersey is SCREEN PRINTED, which is basically glued on, or an ironed on type, yet his says stitched, why is a dead giveaway to me.

You won't get much wear out of it.

Like I said before, I only do authentic, they are expensive, but to me they are 100% worth it.

I don't know if you are willing to drop off $250 or more for the authentic.

Go for the swingman if you find one that ships to you.

They aren't as expensive roughly, 75-100 bucks at the most.

They logos and names and player numbers are stitched so they can last multiple washings, and those jerseys resemble what the players actually wear.

Now as far as the Ebay thing goes, and I'm only speaking from a law enforcement standpoint, since that's my main job, it's very easy to be frauded on there.

Here are some steps to consider......

1)Read their description fully....... spelling, grammar, redundant words, does he sound like he knows what he's selling? If it's new, why say all that other stuff?

2)Does the pictures match what they're selling.....in your case, he has a pic of a medium, but says it's an x-large, that doesn't add up.

3)Where is the seller located, a person selling jerseys from china is definitely a fake, since real ones are not made there. In your case, there is quite a few small places in NY that distributes fake clothes in general.

4)see what other products they sell, most users sell similar products, not one of this, one of that.

The seller of the item above isn't selling a real product, but he isn't lying either.

From looking at the comments, most are pleased with the speed and quality of shipments he has, which is probably the most important.

Other than the blatant mis-representation of the jersey size, I would say it's a solid buy for a person who isn't a collector.

But the Jersey he selling is fake, just a higher quality fake.

Save this as well Clutch, hopefully I haven't scared you away from your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    Maybe he's an idiot and he writes "stitched replica", but he doesn't know what a swingman is?

Honestly, I don't even like the jersey. But I have seen it at stores, so they aren't necessarily fakes.

What's your problem with Ebay anyway Knickscity?
    What store did you see a "stitched" black jersey???

They haven't made a black swingman Melo Knicks Jersey.

All swingmans look very similar to a jersey the actual player has worn in a game.

I don't have a problem with EBay per se', but my line of work I see hundreds of claims of fraud from buyers.

I don't blame Ebay for that, just people who buy, without proper research.

When it comes to jerseys, if a store doesn't sell it whether online or actual, yet an individual has it and it doesn't match what the major sites have, chances are it has fake all over it.

Doesn't mean bad quality, just fake.

Your welcome and book mark my post for future reference.

I have had practice in getting jerseys.

It's a guideline I made that I give to my friends who order jersey's online.

Look at it this way though, In Croatia, you will be one of the few to have a Melo jersey, so no one will hardly know.....whether it's real or not.

From a collectors standpoint, all replicas are considered fakes.

Even if they are bought from a bonafide store, mainly because they are not copies of the official product.

Kinda like baseball cards, certain brands collectors will not touch.

The fact it's black is a dead giveaway though, since the team doesn't wear that one.

But as you look at other sites they all say that particular jersey is SCREEN PRINTED, which is basically glued on, or an ironed on type, yet his says stitched, why is a dead giveaway to me.

You won't get much wear out of it.

Like I said before, I only do authentic, they are expensive, but to me they are 100% worth it.

I don't know if you are willing to drop off $250 or more for the authentic.

Go for the swingman if you find one that ships to you.

They aren't as expensive roughly, 75-100 bucks at the most.

They logos and names and player numbers are stitched so they can last multiple washings, and those jerseys resemble what the players actually wear.

Now as far as the Ebay thing goes, and I'm only speaking from a law enforcement standpoint, since that's my main job, it's very easy to be frauded on there.

Here are some steps to consider......

1)Read their description fully....... spelling, grammar, redundant words, does he sound like he knows what he's selling? If it's new, why say all that other stuff?

2)Does the pictures match what they're selling.....in your case, he has a pic of a medium, but says it's an x-large, that doesn't add up.

3)Where is the seller located, a person selling jerseys from china is definitely a fake, since real ones are not made there. In your case, there is quite a few small places in NY that distributes fake clothes in general.

4)see what other products they sell, most users sell similar products, not one of this, one of that.

The seller of the item above isn't selling a real product, but he isn't lying either.

From looking at the comments, most are pleased with the speed and quality of shipments he has, which is probably the most important.

Other than the blatant mis-representation of the jersey size, I would say it's a solid buy for a person who isn't a collector.

But the Jersey he selling is fake, just a higher quality fake.

Save this as well Clutch, hopefully I haven't scared you away from your purchase.
    No,you haven't scared me.

It's ok for me to buy jersey for 75 bucks but the problem is shipping.
    Shipping to my country costs about 20$ so it's a pretty big money to pay.

That's why I am searching for less expensive ones.
    Mostly things I buy is original but I buy them in Croatia (for example waterpolo ball,I have a few of them) so I don't have to pay a fortune for shipping.

Also you are right when you said "Look at it this way though, In Croatia, you will be one of the few to have a Melo jersey, so no one will hardly know.....whether it's real or not."

That's the one more reason to buy less expensive one.

I look it this way.
    Shopping over the Internet isn't 100% sure.
    Even if the item comes to me it may be too big or too small.
    That's the main reason I don't want to pay big money for it.
    Imagine spending 100$ for something that doesn't fit or doesn't even come.
    That's equivalent to throwing 100 bucks to the sea.

When I was in Italy I saw a pretty big store with a lot of NBA jerseys.
    I thought to buy Gallo's jersey but one thing that distracted me from buying it was "Champion" written on it.
    I'm pretty sure that "Champion" doesn't write on any NBA jersey.

Champion made swingmans, replicas and game jerseys, but they stopped somewhere around 2002,

I have quite a few.

Champion made swingmans, replicas and game jerseys, but they stopped somewhere around 2002,

I have quite a few.
    How many Knicks jerseys do you have from this season ? (players who played for the Knicks this season,including Felton,Gallo,Chandler and Mozgov) ?

What store did you see a "stitched" black jersey???

They haven't made a black swingman Melo Knicks Jersey.

All swingmans look very similar to a jersey the actual player has worn in a game.

I don't have a problem with EBay per se', but my line of work I see hundreds of claims of fraud from buyers.

I don't blame Ebay for that, just people who buy, without proper research.

When it comes to jerseys, if a store doesn't sell it whether online or actual, yet an individual has it and it doesn't match what the major sites have, chances are it has fake all over it.

Doesn't mean bad quality, just fake.
    I don't think it was a stitched jersey, think it was a Marbury one, way back.

But yeah, you need to do your research to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    How many Knicks jerseys do you have from this season ? (players who played for the Knicks this season,including Felton,Gallo,Chandler and Mozgov) ?
    I already had Gallo and Chandler home white authentics.

Dont have Mozgov and Feltons since i cant find authentic ones.

I have the exact one that Spike wears.

Its a swingman Fields.

The Mrs got that one for me.

Knickscity, since you have so much experience with buying jerseys:

A) where can I get the 50th anniversary Jets jersey (Revis) on the internet, has to be stitched.

What jersey style do you prefer?

These are both on-field jerseys, the sleeves of those are kinda weird (I have a Fitz one). But I don't know as much about NFL jerseys as I do about the NBA ones.

Which one of these do you prefer, and is any one of 'em a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Patrick-WILLIS-49...#ht_1779wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.nl/AUTHENTIC-SAN-FRA...2#ht_749wt_905

I don't know about this one, since the sleeves aren't tight, which you see with the On Field jerseys. Am I correct?
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/Brian-Orakpo-Reds...ht_2243wt_1139

Knickscity, since you have so much experience with buying jerseys:

A) where can I get the 50th anniversary Jets jersey (Revis) on the internet, has to be stitched.

What jersey style do you prefer?

These are both on-field jerseys, the sleeves of those are kinda weird (I have a Fitz one). But I don't know as much about NFL jerseys as I do about the NBA ones.

Which one of these do you prefer, and is any one of 'em a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Patrick-WILLIS-49...#ht_1779wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.nl/AUTHENTIC-SAN-FRA...2#ht_749wt_905

I don't know about this one, since the sleeves aren't tight, which you see with the On Field jerseys. Am I correct?
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/Brian-Orakpo-Reds...ht_2243wt_1139
    Sorry it took so long to get back, I had to work today.

I'm not nearly as extensive with my NFL's jersey like the NBA.

I have a decent collection, but not earth shattering in number...mostly Jets players.

Mainly with the NFL ones, you will really never know what you're getting til it shows up at your door, unless it's ordered from a major site.

If you go the ebay or amazon route pretty much use the rules I put for the NBA joints.

And keep in mind guy, authentics will not be sold anywhere for under 200 dollars.

The owner is clearly losing money if he does that.

Also keep in mind, authentics are exactly what the player wears, meaning primarily they are meant to be worn with shoulder pads and are sized differently to accommodate them.

They are also heavy, and I mean heavy, feels like a coat on the body.

Replicas are pretty much the same like the NBA...cheaper quality and screen printed, which is fancy words for an iron on, or glue on, which is why they are cheaper.

Replicas look fake even when they might not be.

Premier jersey are mostly stitched but have the replica's feel.

If they are real, they actually are some decent jerseys to have, because you can wear them often, and have hardly any fear of them not surviving multiple washings.

These are the only sites I trust......

fansedge.com for a throwback...I have ordered from them, a Curtis Martin autographed authentic, and but they are very expensive.

They back up their stuff though, their authentics come with actual certificates of authenticity and crazy holograms on them that cannot be copied.

That Curtis Martin, I have only worn once, and it came at a tune of over 500 bucks.

nflshop.com pretty much the legit low cost you can find, just check them out, the have it all pretty much in anyone price range.

champssports.com, finishline.com is the best value and variety from replica to authentic.

BTW with the jerseys you are showing I'm more concerned because of the prices, I can't really just tell with the pictures.

That last Patrick Willis might be legit.

I called a friend of mine to look at it, he can't tell truthfully from the pic, but he said he would buy it.

He said the first one is definitely a fake, mainly because the color hues of the jersey isn't the right red, and is too shiny, even for a replica, and I feel him on that one.
    Last edited by knickscity; 04-11-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Sorry it took so long to get back, I had to work today.

I'm not nearly as extensive with my NFL's jersey like the NBA.

I have a decent collection, but not earth shattering in number...mostly Jets players.

Mainly with the NFL ones, you will really never know what you're getting til it shows up at your door, unless it's ordered from a major site.

If you go the ebay or amazon route pretty much use the rules I put for the NBA joints.

And keep in mind guy, authentics will not be sold anywhere for under 200 dollars.

The owner is clearly losing money if he does that.

Also keep in mind, authentics are exactly what the player wears, meaning primarily they are meant to be worn with shoulder pads and are sized differently to accommodate them.

They are also heavy, and I mean heavy, feels like a coat on the body.

Replicas are pretty much the same like the NBA...cheaper quality and screen printed, which is fancy words for an iron on, or glue on, which is why they are cheaper.

Replicas look fake even when they might not be.

Premier jersey are mostly stitched but have the replica's feel.

If they are real, they actually are some decent jerseys to have, because you can wear them often, and have hardly any fear of them not surviving multiple washings.

These are the only sites I trust......

fansedge.com for a throwback...I have ordered from them, a Curtis Martin autographed authentic, and but they are very expensive.

They back up their stuff though, their authentics come with actual certificates of authenticity and crazy holograms on them that cannot be copied.

That Curtis Martin, I have only worn once, and it came at a tune of over 500 bucks.

nflshop.com pretty much the legit low cost you can find, just check them out, the have it all pretty much in anyone price range.

champssports.com, finishline.com is the best value and variety from replica to authentic.

BTW with the jerseys you are showing I'm more concerned because of the prices, I can't really just tell with the pictures.

That last Patrick Willis might be legit.

I called a friend of mine to look at it, he can't tell truthfully from the pic, but he said he would buy it.

He said the first one is definitely a fake, mainly because the color hues of the jersey isn't the right red, and is too shiny, even for a replica, and I feel him on that one.
    Yeah, I had my doubts on the first Patrick Willis jersey. But thanks I'll check all the sites out.

The only thing is, you didn't mention the On-Field NFL jerseys (which is the style of all three, they're sewn but not authentics). Could you elaborate on that? On my Fitz jersey it says On-Field Reebko with the NFL Logo and it's double stitched.

Thanks tho, you're really helpful.

Yeah, I had my doubts on the first Patrick Willis jersey. But thanks I'll check all the sites out.

The only thing is, you didn't mention the On-Field NFL jerseys (which is the style of all three, they're sewn but not authentics). Could you elaborate on that? On my Fitz jersey it says On-Field Reebko with the NFL Logo and it's double stitched.

Thanks tho, you're really helpful.
    I thought only authentic Reebok Jerseys were on field designated?

I don't think replica and premier have on field designation.

I'm gonna ask my partner when I get to work today and I'll touch back on that.

I thought only authentic Reebok Jerseys were on field designated?

I don't think replica and premier have on field designation.

I'm gonna ask my partner when I get to work today and I'll touch back on that.
    I don't know, it literally says On-Field Reebok. I think it says that in most of the descriptions of the jerseys I posted.

Knickscity, I would like to get back on my last question.

Since I can't try any of 'em, I have to be sure about which I should buy. Now, I REALLY don't want those 'puffy' sleeves. Which my Fitzgerald jersey has.

If you want, I can make pics to show you what I mean.

I want a jersey where the sleeves are like regular T-shirts.

I'm looking at these three:
    - Greg Jennings
    - Mike Wallace (I know, I should be ashamed of my damn self but it's a nice jersey and Wallace is one of my fav receivers out there. Just happens to be a Steelers jersey). It's the throwback jersey that they wore against the Brady Bunch this year.
    - Primetime Falcons jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_854wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_969wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_1111wt_905

Are these fake, and which of these has the sleeves that I want?

I have already contacted the seller of the Wallace jersey to see if he can give me a photo of the jersey hanging on a clothes hanger to see the sleeves properly.

Anyone else who has knowledge about jerseys, feel free to give advice.

I keep for getting you guys are overseas, because I keep wondering what's up with the different language on the Ebay.

That Greg Jennings, I really can't tell, from the picture it looks good, but the fact he's advertising it as completely stitched pretty much makes me think it's a good "fake".

The Wallace one, dude should be ashamed by posting a picture like that.

With the third one pretty much like the second, why post a picture like that?

Plus he is advertising "authentic", I doubt it for that low price.

For the price chances are all three will be fake.

But there are some good quality fakes out there, and these may be those ones.

I can't always spot one in the crowd for the NFL ones, but NBA, I can recognize a mile a way.