Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Where my announcement! Zackmorris's Avatar

Default Re: No Deal: NBA to lockout players - All league business on hold starting @ midnight

Lets go New York Liberty!!

Default Re: No Deal: NBA to lockout players - All league business on hold starting @ midnight

Quote Originally Posted by DRoseOwnsACamry
    I've COMPLETELY lost interest in baseball. COMPLETELY. It's just so f[COLOR="Black"]ucki[/COLOR]ng boring. And I only like watching international soccer events... Not club events. I guess I'm going to have to gain or regain an interest here...
    I was actually watching a game before I got back here(my mom used the computer ) and it was BORING! Probably play 2K11 all year long.

I hit 30-footers

Baseball is just terrible these days. The steroid era was a marvelous time for the sport because Pedro and Randy Johnson shit all over it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Owners are full of shit. I have no doubt a few of them are losing money, but if they want to play hardball, then OPEN YOUR BOOKS. Let's see some proof of these huge losses, and how the players being paid market value (less actually) is the reason they are taking losses.

Not defending one side or the other, but the owners have clearly provided all financials to the players association.

"Market value" is a difficult term. When the market value of guys who sit on the bench night after night is artificially inflated by a contractual agreement, it's time for the people that pay those guys to seek a new contract. What is truly the "market value" of Shaq and his 700 minutes last year?

Learning to shoot layups

At the end of the day the players union will eventually give in. Owners are able to hold out a lot longer than players can. Not sure if many of you guys know, but owners still get paid during the lockout from their tv contracts. So while the owners are still making money, players will be going weeks/months without any paychecks. Basically same thing happened in 99', players eventually gave in because they got bills to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Not defending one side or the other, but the owners have clearly provided all financials to the players association.

"Market value" is a difficult term. When the market value of guys who sit on the bench night after night is artificially inflated by a contractual agreement, it's time for the people that pay those guys to seek a new contract. What is truly the "market value" of Shaq and his 700 minutes last year?
    the lower players are being overpaid. But,Kobe and Lebron are the backbone of this league right now and being underpaid(same was Jordan was). They are probably worth 50-60 million dollar on the open market. I always thought it was a tradeoff. Owners can underpay the stars in exchange for giving lower players more cash and stability.

Banned

Team owners that also own the arena probably dont mind... extra booking nights for concerts and other events.
    theyll make their $ one way or another

Its doubly ironic that on the morning of the day that the lockout was announced, the Blazer offered Oden a ridiculous $9 million extension.

People will blame the players, but its the owners with insane decisions like the above that have ruined the financials for the league.

That means I can't see my team play in Jersey 1 last time?

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    No NBA or NFL? Gay. Let's go Avalanche .
    +1
    fvck baseball, boring as sh!t to watch

This sUCKS SUCKS SUCKS...although it will be interesting to see who goes to the euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Its doubly ironic that on the morning of the day that the lockout was announced, the Blazer offered Oden a ridiculous $9 million extension.

People will blame the players, but its the owners with insane decisions like the above that have ruined the financials for the league.
    great observation. I actually made that my facebook status.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Looks like it's football for the foreseeable future for me...

I had a wheelbarrow...

3-time NBA All-Star

Just saw Tom Penn on PTI. He's an ESPN analyst who used to work for the front offices of OKC and Portland. He just said that there's a 75% chance that the whole season will be wiped out!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Just saw Tom Penn on PTI. He's an ESPN analyst who used to work for the front offices of OKC and Portland. He just said that there's a 75% chance that the whole season will be wiped out!!!!!!! THIS SUCKS.