Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default What is your most hated basketball act of all time?

Not off the court. Something done by a player with a ball in their hands at the time or playing basketball.

I took a moment to think about this earlier and had a number of things come to me.

Ive seen hard foul that were pathetic.
    Ive seen Toni Kukoc get beasted for a rebound by John Starks.
    Ive seen Ricky Davis throw the ball off his own backboard trying to get a rebound.

Ive seen Shawn Kemp almost get himself cut on the spot when he missed a huuuuuuuuuuge windmill dunk as a rookie trying to show off.

Ive seen Marbury with Keith Vanhorn right under the basket on a fast break instead run like 6 dribbles up the court to dunk it himself instead of passing it to Keith uncontested under the rim.

Ive seen awful acts of selfishness and bad decisions and cringe inducing shot selection.

Ive even seen Mark madsen shoot a 3. But you know who...after 25+ years of watching games(First game I went to that I remember seeing was in 1983)....pissed me off the most?

Josh Smith. Why you ask? Josh is a hustling, fun to watch, young guy with no major in media issues and no known personality problems with teammates. I made a video on him a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4avA8Y0sQCI

He is...as the song suggests...a go getter.

How did Josh Smith piss me off more than Karl Malone breaking Isiah Thomas face and acting tough that he can do that to someone 8 inches and 70 pounds smaller than him?

The dunk contest.

Not the good one. Not the year he did the Nique Jersey thing. Windmill over Kmart. The reverse 360 windmill nobody on earth has a good angle on somehow.

I mean the other year. When he came back.

What did it?

The FT line dunk. This jackass came out and put al ine of tape like 4 feet behind the line. Crowd goes crazy. Kenny smith says if Josh dunks from there hes leaving the building. Barkley says its impossible.

Me? Im home. Both online and talking to some friends of mine who were over. When we see the line we think "No way....."but an argument starts.

He wouldnt try this the first time now would he? He HAD to have done it before.

This guy is about to take off from like 19 feet and dunk it.

It couldnt be...but for just a brief moment....I was a kid again.

It WAS going to happen. I believed.

For one brief moment we all believed. For just a moment my whole circle of friends had "Opulence...I has it" direct TV russian guy status. Nothing was impossible. Cats can sing. The moon really is made of cheese. The Grizzlies can win a playoff game! Anything is within reach if this guy can dunk from there.

He backs up like 90 feet. Stands in the crowd of media on the other end of the court. He sprints up...

I stood. Everyone in silence.

And this....piece of shit...

Takes off from the FT line!

Why was the tape there? Why did he did that to me? To us? Who greenlit that idea? He took me from 7 year old christmas morning overjoyed to 15 year old last day of summer vacation pissed off.

He and the Hawks can burn in hell.

Im glad they just signed JJ to a deal worth 70% of the cost of producing a Lord of the Rings movie.

Im glad they lost by like 86 points in game 7 vs the Celtics.

Im glad all they got out of the misery of a 13 win season was drafing Marvin Williams over Paul and Deron when they clearly needed a young point.

Im glad they handed the Pistons the last piece to a title team by trading all star Sheed for Bob Sura.

Im glad they traded Pau Gasol for Shareef Abdur Rahim.

Im glad they traded model citizen and part of several 50-56 win teams Steve Smith for Isiah Rider who then got caught smoking weed, missed some meetings, and got cut. Im glad they didnt make the playoffs for like 10 years after that too.

Im glad they traded Mutombo for Theo Ratliff and like...Toni Kukoc or something.

Im glad they gave up the greatest Hawk of all time for Danny ****ing Manning who both got hurt(not happy about that) and left them for the Suns(loved it)

Im glad that greatest Hawk didnt make the top 50*kinda do feel bad about that one*.

Im glad they got both the first and third picks in the 75 draft and both of them signed in the ABA rather than play for atlanta(one of them being hall of famer David Thompson)

Im glad a judge decided Doctor J couldnt join the Hawks to team up with Pistol Pete tobethe most exciting open floor team of all time. He was drafted to the Bucks I believe but just before the ABA brokeup he signed with the Hawks. The Bucks(or his aba team..dont remember) sued and the Hawks had to pay like 200,000 for every preseason game he played in and they had to give him up.He and Pete were the most insane duo of all time some say....and it ended before the regular season. And im happy about it.

Im glad they had to then trade their most popular(but league wide not very wanted) player Pistol Pete for next to nothing to his home town because they had an expansion team and needed him for attendance.

Im glad the only ring they ever won was in st.Louis and not Atlanta and it took the biggest * of all time to win it(Bill Russell got hurt in the finals).

Im glad they drafted and traded away BOTH Bob Cousy and Bill Russell and watched the Celtics dominate.

Josh Smith murdered the last bit of kid inside me and because of it im glad...the Hawks are the Hawks.

You?
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-28-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Default Re: What is your most hated basketball act of all time?

I think Gilbert Arenas threw the ball off a players face during a rookie sophmore game. It really showed me the kind of guy he is. Never really like him for that.

I remember Jason Richardson doing that to Carlos Boozer and Boozer being heated over it.

Banned

Watching Dirk refuse to post up Steve Nash and instead call for the ball 20 feet from the basket.

Watching Chris Bosh get shut down by Jason Collins in the playoffs.

Watching Lamar Odom refuse to take open lanes to the basket with his right hand and just run over people. He has some of the worst charges of all time.

Seeing Dirk not post up Tony Parker one on one did kinda piss me off.

I usually hit open layups

It has to be Barkley overplaying on MJ's pass to Pippen. Caused the whole defensive breakdown that led to the Paxson dagger. I can't blame Chuck that much since he's the one who got us here but I can't help but think what happens in a G7.

Honorable mention to Stockton's three at the buzzer in the 1997 conference finals. Deeply wanted Charles and Hakeem to win that year. To make it worse, it only happened cause of Karl Malone's illegal screen on Glide.

Im glad they gave up the greatest Hawk of all time for Danny ****ing Manning who both got hurt(not happy about that) and left them for the Suns(loved it)
    Same ... until he got injured. I firmly believe we beat the Rockets in 1995 if he was healthy.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Not off the court. Something done by a player with a ball in their hands at the time or playing basketball.

I took a moment to think about this earlier and had a number of things come to me.

Ive seen hard foul that were pathetic.
    Ive seen Toni Kukoc get beasted for a rebound by John Starks.
    Ive seen Ricky Davis throw the ball off his own backboard trying to get a rebound.

Ive seen Shawn Kemp almost get himself cut on the spot when he missed a huuuuuuuuuuge windmill dunk as a rookie trying to show off.

Ive seen Marbury with Keith Vanhorn right under the basket on a fast break instead run like 6 dribbles up the court to dunk it himself instead of passing it to Keith uncontested under the rim.

Ive seen awful acts of selfishness and bad decisions and cringe inducing shot selection.

Ive even seen Mark madsen shoot a 3. But you know who...after 25+ years of watching games(First game I went to that I remember seeing was in 1983)....pissed me off the most?

Josh Smith. Why you ask? Josh is a hustling, fun to watch, young guy with no major in media issues and no known personality problems with teammates. I made a video on him a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4avA8Y0sQCI

He is...as the song suggests...a go getter.

How did Josh Smith piss me off more than Karl Malone breaking Isiah Thomas face and acting tough that he can do that to someone 8 inches and 70 pounds smaller than him?

The dunk contest.

Not the good one. Not the year he did the Nique Jersey thing. Windmill over Kmart. The reverse 360 windmill nobody on earth has a good angle on somehow.

I mean the other year. When he came back.

What did it?

The FT line dunk. This jackass came out and put al ine of tape like 4 feet behind the line. Crowd goes crazy. Kenny smith says if Josh dunks from there hes leaving the building. Barkley says its impossible.

Me? Im home. Both online and talking to some friends of mine who were over. When we see the line we think "No way....."but an argument starts.

He wouldnt try this the first time now would he? He HAD to have done it before.

This guy is about to take off from like 19 feet and dunk it.

It couldnt be...but for just a brief moment....I was a kid again.

It WAS going to happen. I believed.

For one brief moment we all believed. For just a moment my whole circle of friends had "Opulence...I has it" direct TV russian guy status. Nothing was impossible. Cats can sing. The moon really is made of cheese. The Grizzlies can win a playoff game! Anything is within reach if this guy can dunk from there.

He backs up like 90 feet. Stands in the crowd of media on the other end of the court. He sprints up...

I stood. Everyone in silence.

And this....piece of shit...

Takes off from the FT line!

Why was the tape there? Why did he did that to me? To us? Who greenlit that idea? He took me from 7 year old christmas morning overjoyed to 15 year old last day of summer vacation pissed off.

He and the Hawks can burn in hell.

Im glad they just signed JJ to a deal worth 70% of the cost of producing a Lord of the Rings movie.

Im glad they lost by like 86 points in game 7 vs the Celtics.

Im glad all they got out of the misery of a 13 win season was drafing Marvin Williams over Paul and Deron when they clearly needed a young point.

Im glad they handed the Pistons the last piece to a title team by trading all star Sheed for Bob Sura.

Im glad they traded Pau Gasol for Shareef Abdur Rahim.

Im glad they traded model citizen and part of several 50-56 win teams Steve Smith for Isiah Rider who then got caught smoking weed, missed some meetings, and got cut. Im glad they didnt make the playoffs for like 10 years after that too.

Im glad they traded Mutombo for Theo Ratliff and like...Toni Kukoc or something.

Im glad that greatest Hawk didnt make the top 50*kinda do feel bad about that one*.

Im glad they got both the first and third picks in the 75 draft and both of them signed in the ABA rather than play for atlanta(one of them being hall of famer David Thompson)

Im glad a judge decided Doctor J couldnt join the Hawks to team up with Pistol Pete tobethe most exciting open floor team of all time. He was drafted to the Bucks I believe but just before the ABA brokeup he signed with the Hawks. The Bucks(or his aba team..dont remember) sued and the Hawks had to pay like 200,000 for every preseason game he played in and they had to give him up.He and Pete were the most insane duo of all time some say....and it ended before the regular season. And im happy about it.

Im glad they had to then trade their most popular(but league wide not very wanted) player Pistol Pete for next to nothing to his home town because they had an expansion team and needed him for attendance.

Im glad the only ring they ever won was in st.Louis and not Atlanta and it took the biggest * of all time to win it(Bill Russell got hurt in the finals).

Im glad they drafted and traded away BOTH Bob Cousy and Bill Russell and watched the Celtics dominate.

Josh Smith murdered the last bit of kid inside me and because of it im glad...the Hawks are the Hawks.

You?

Wait, did you say Nique is the best Hawk over Bob Pettit? When you said that the greatest Hawk didn't make the top 50.
    Last edited by MasterDurant24; 09-28-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I remember Jason Richardson doing that to Carlos Boozer and Boozer being heated over it.
    Yeah ok, I think I got it mixed up. I remember it because they were both on Golden State and acting arrogant in that game. He didn't do it lightly, he threw it kind of hard.

Another act I hated was when Rick Fox was so mad Portland was about to win game 6 of the WCF's, he tried to start a fight with Scottie Pippen. It was so classless. The camera caught him throw a elbow towards Pippen, then act like Pippen attacked him out of the blue when the retaliation came.

It was really a sign of weak emotion and fear on Rick Fox's part.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Why that?

Everything Ricky Davis did/does.

thats just funny

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Why that?
    It summed up Randolph's first(and only full) season in New York. Idiotic selfish play. After making a fool out of himself with his attempt to take his man off the dribble, he pulls up and takes a 26 footer with plenty of time on the shot clock and air balls it.

Edit: Look at the idiot here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A13PKLR-HyY He makes up his mind with over 5 seconds left that he's going to take a 30 footer down by 2, he air balls it and then smiles.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 09-28-2010 at 08:47 PM.

It summed up Randolph's first(and only full) season in New York. Idiotic selfish play. After making a fool out of himself with his attempt to take his man off the dribble, he pulls up and takes a 26 footer with plenty of time on the shot clock and air balls it.
    Oh okay. I was like I thought him attempting to be the guy with his handles was funny, and the shot was stupid but unsurprising(at the time). I see your point though!

In the 01' Finals seeing Shaq elbow Mutombo multiple times in the face while spinning to the hoop, only to have a defensive foul called as Shaq proceeds to dunk the ball in Dikembe's face.