Thread: The Hornets...

Default The Hornets...

I feel sorry for you guys

NBA Legend

Default Re: The Hornets...

It's a tricky position for the Bobcats (this team definitely still deserves to be called the bobcats)

They don't have the kind of fan equity and finances a team like the Celtics does, which makes it easier to sit through a bunch of lottery seasons to stockpile assets. They also can't afford to acquire worthless players with big contracts and pay them for the whole year just to flip the expiring deal at the end of it.

I can understand why MJ presses management to keep the team semi-relevant instead of perpetually praying for a lottery savior that may never come. It's not an easy market to make money in, and MJ isn't one of the deeper-pocketed owners to begin with.

I would imagine that even just making a push for the playoffs generates significantly more income for the franchise in the second half of the season than their typical tankfest dumpster fire status. So I can see why they would take that approach as a business.

This bobcats team could be really good
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 07-28-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    It's a tricky position for the Bobcats (this team definitely still deserves to be called the bobcats)

They don't have the kind of fan equity and finances a team like the Celtics does, which makes it easier to sit through a bunch of lottery seasons to stockpile assets. They also can't afford to acquire worthless players with big contracts and pay them for the whole year just to flip the expiring deal at the end of it.

I can understand why MJ presses management to keep the team semi-relevant instead of perpetually praying for a lottery savior that may never come. It's not an easy market to make money in, and MJ isn't one of the deeper-pocketed owners to begin with.

I would imagine that even just making a push for the playoffs generates significantly more income for the franchise in the second half of the season than their typical tankfest dumpster fire status. So I can see why they would take that approach as a business.
    They could have had Justice Winslow, Brooklyn's unprotected first round pick and 2 other potential first round picks. Winslow > Kamisky aand add to that an unprotected first and other 1st round picks...Jordan effed up big time

I wonder how passionate Jordan is about his position as owner. Where does he dump all his competitiveness into nowadays? Cuz it sure as fukk aint golf

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    They could have had Justice Winslow, Brooklyn's unprotected first round pick and 2 other potential first round picks. Winslow > Kamisky aand add to that an unprotected first and other 1st round picks...Jordan effed up big time
    I wouldn't be so hasty saying Winslow>Kaminsky. He certainly has a higher ceiling, but smart bigs who can shoot, handle, pass, and post-up tend to stay in the league for a long time. At that 9th pick, I'm not going to fault a GM for taking a particularly talented role player over a long-shot star.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Yea, I'd be on it if they offered one of the Nets picks in the deal. They better hope Kamisky turns out OK.