Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: JR narrows choice to Knicks and Clippers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    With the Clippers he's got a guaranteed starting role. The knicks are ok at the SG position and he would have to compete against the other two. LA is the place to be for JR.
    Knicks can offer him more money.

Also if the Knicks can keep up this winning then playing for the Knicks >>> playing for the Clippers.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's as wrong as much as he is right. He said definitely that Gallo would need to be in the Jared Jefferies deal or else the Knicks couldn't do it. He said definitely several times the Knicks would not get Melo. Over and over.

He might be right but i wouldn't believe till a better source comes up. Isola is a better after the fact scoure, like JR signs and then Isola gets a bunch of interesting follow up, who the knicks are cutting, etc. Breaking stories? I doubt.
    Oh okay. Yea man I don't see him fitting with Knicks as well right now. I mean Lin is a beast.... Melo and Amare each need 15-20 shots. Then you add in Baron Davis soon who has one of the top 10 usage rates every season pretty much. Obviously he would help ANY team in some way....... but if he wants a smoother transition/role... he chooses Clippers. Knowing Jr's intelligence, logic and attitude though it's going to be Knicks probably .

He's probably thinking of nothing besides money, publicity etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Oh okay. Yea man I don't see him fitting with Knicks as well right now. I mean Lin is a beast.... Melo and Amare each need 15-20 shots. Then you add in Baron Davis soon who has one of the top 10 usage rates every season pretty much. Obviously he would help ANY team in some way....... but if he wants a smoother transition/role... he chooses Clippers. Knowing Jr's intelligence, logic and attitude though it's going to be Knicks probably .

the Knicks run pick and roll and space the floor out...how would JR not benefit from catching and shooting 3s in a crazy Madison Square Garden environment. He feeds off that stuff. If the Knicks sign JR then they are dangerous and can beat any team in the league.

Baron is done.

He could chuck as many shots as he wants coming off the bench for the Knicks.
    If Douglas,Bibby,Shumpert and Bill Wallker can chuck 10 shots per game then I don't see a reason why would anyone have something against J.R.Smith (who's a much better offensive player than all 4 of them combined) taking those shots instead.

Also D'Antoni's system if perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Knicks can offer him more money.

Also if the Knicks can keep up this winning then playing for the Knicks >>> playing for the Clippers.
    Don't get ahead of yourself champ. The Clippers are tied for the 2nd seed in the west and are 9 games over .500. Not saying Knicks won't become a contender and I DO feel like they are for real but it seems like you're implying the Knicks are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

Knicks just had to win 7 in a row just to get to .500.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

His agent should be swaying him towards Clippers though, since he will be the starting SG and can showcase his talent since he's gonna be unrestricted free agent again in the summer.

Don't get ahead of yourself champ. The Clippers are tied for the 2nd seed in the west and are 9 games over .500. Not saying Knicks won't become a contender and I DO feel like they are for real but it seems like you're implying the Knicks are in a better winning position than the Clippers.
    I'm not implying they are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

I'm just saying that if the Knicks keep this up the hype will be so huge,Garden will be crazy and he would get a lot of money from other stuff other than his contract.

I'm sure he would like to play there more than on a team who'll always be behind the Lakers popularity wise.

Winning in NY >>> winning anywhere else

NY gives you more attention than you could evem ask for.
    J.R.Smith seems like a kind of guy who wants to be in a center of attention.

maybe he likes New York because he has family and friends here?

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Ha ha.....fukc the Lakers.

It was laughable listening to John Ireland on ESPN radio trying to convince everyone that the Lakers are the best destination for JR Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    His agent should be swaying him towards Clippers though, since he will be the starting SG and can showcase his talent since he's gonna be unrestricted free agent again in the summer.
    I agree but... I just get the feeling that dude is going to make the wrong choice. With Kenyon, Evans, Butler etc... we thought it was a non brainer to the Clippers type deal because they are logical guys who know this was the best situation for them. With Jr... I'm not sure he knows or really cares what's best for him.

An agent isn't going to do what's best for you typically. They are going to go for max profits. Maybe NY for example can market Jr better right now and that will be the deciding factor.

I agree but... I just get the feeling that dude is going to make the wrong choice. With Kenyon, Evans, Butler etc... we thought it was a non brainer to the Clippers type deal because they are logical guys who know this was the best situation for them. With Jr... I'm not sure he knows or really cares what's best for him.

An agent isn't going to do what's best for you typically. They are going to go for max profits. Maybe NY for example can market Jr better right now and that will be the deciding factor.
    how could you possibly think JR Smith would make the wrong choice?

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Ha ha.....fukc the Lakers.

It was laughable listening to John Ireland on ESPN radio trying to convince everyone that the Lakers are the best destination for JR Smith.
    fck ur life. how's the new season of spartacus? seen first 2 seasons, but dont have starz this time.

Who wouldn't want to play in the world's most famous arena in front of one of the best fans in the NBA ?

On top of that he'll get more media attention than anywhere else,D'Antoni's system is perfect for him and he can also get almost 3 times more money than the Clippers can offer.

I don't see a reason why would he choose the Clippers expect for the starting role and I don't think it's that important because he will get a lot of playing time and shots either way.

Knicks are always getting a lot of attention and his play will get noticed.
    On the other hand it's a bad thing if he's going to suck

I'm not implying they are in a better winning position than the Clippers.

I'm just saying that if the Knicks keep this up the hype will be so huge,Garden will be crazy and he would get a lot of money from other stuff other than his contract.

I'm sure he would like to play there more than on a team who'll always be behind the Lakers popularity wise.

Winning in NY >>> winning anywhere else

NY gives you more attention than you could evem ask for.
    J.R.Smith seems like a kind of guy who wants to be in a center of attention.
    I agree with most of this though I'm not sure you can use "Clippers play in Lakers shadow" anymore. Outside of the Knicks/Linsanity the Clippers have had the most headlines in the NBA this year. Yes more than the Lakers. Proving that the Clippers CAN outshine the Lakers in the media/public view even in the same city.

Doesn't mean the Lakers don't still have a grip on LA or w/e.... just means publicity isn't an issue. Maybe NY is a slightly better stage with the recent Linsanity explosion that is completely dominating headlines though.

Then again playing with Linsanity.... none of the Knicks players are getting attention. Everyone is focused on Lin specifically. Nobody is talking about how Fields has been breaking out big with Lin next to him.

Who wouldn't want to play in the world's most famous arena in front of one of the best fans in the NBA ?

On top of that he'll get more media attention than anywhere else,D'Antoni's system is perfect for him and he can also get almost 3 times more money than the Clippers can offer.

I don't see a reason why would he choose the Clippers expect for the starting role and I don't think it's that important because he will get a lot of playing time and shots either way.
    It's 1.4 million vs 2.5 million last I knew. Definitely not even twice as much, let alone 3 times. Plus you have to remember season is over in a couple months. No matter where he goes... he's going to get a much bigger contract after this season. His goal should be to find the best place he can showcase himself to stay long term. An extra million for now won't do much for him.