Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remove Every Team's Best Player in the 90's...

I get a kick out of the Jordanites who constantly put down his supporting casts in the 90's.

Let's do this...

Remove EVERY team's BEST PLAYER from their respective rosters in the 90's...

Excluding the '94 Bulls, who went 55-27 without their's...

and who wins the rings each year?

Default Re: Remove Every Team's Best Player in the 90's...

bulls win 3 titles instead of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    bulls win 3 titles instead of 6.
    Who beats them?

Again...you have to remove their BEST PLAYER...except on the '94 Bulls...who, again, went 55-27 without their's.

Let me give you a couple of quick examples...

How did the Lakers do after Magic retired?

How about the Magic before and after Shaq?

How would the Jazz have fared without Malone?

How about the Rockets without Hakeem?

The Knicks without Ewing?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Let me give you a couple of quick examples...

How did the Lakers do after Magic retired?

How about the Magic before and after Shaq?

How would the Jazz have fared without Malone?

How about the Rockets without Hakeem?

The Knicks without Ewing?
    Very good question. Bulls might have won 6 titles. i can confidently say that they would have won 3 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Very good question. Bulls might have won 6 titles. i can confidently say that they would have won 3 at least.
    I'm not really arguing...but that does tell me exactly what I already knew...

MJ's supporting casts were likely the best in the league.

And how would Ron Harper have done without MJ from '95 on? He was a 20 ppg scorer just the year before he signed on with Chicago in the '94-95 season.

Harper, Pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, Rodman, and host of role players?

Banned

This coming from the biggest Wilt Bunyan mythologist?

The Sixers won 55 the season after he left to join a 52 win Lakers team that had just lost in the finals to Boston... to lead them to 55 wins and a loss in the finals to Boston

MJ's supporting casts were likely the best in the league
    They weren't even the best in the Eastern Conference. Orlando won 60 games with Shaq playing in only 54. After he left they managed to win 45 and get to the playoffs with Penny and Horace dealing with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    They weren't even the best in the Eastern Conference. Orlando won 60 games with Shaq playing in only 54. After he left they managed to win 45 and get to the playoffs with Penny and Horace dealing with injuries.
    And the Bulls won 55 games without Jordan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    And the Bulls won 55 games without Jordan
    Everyone was relatively healthy and they added some key players whereas the Magic's best player Penny only played in 59 games. Bulls went 34-31 the next season after Horace Grant left (he was the second option on the Bulls, became the 4th option on the Magic... but the Bulls were more stacked ).

Jordan's first full season back, all they did was set the all time win mark with 72 wins and went on another 3-peat run.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Excluding the '94 Bulls, who went 55-27 without their's...
    Why doesn't anyone bring up that no other team that lazeruss wants us to evaluate was coming off a 3-peat?

Are people that clueless about basketball that they can't even see the FACTS - the Bulls only won 55 games and made the 2nd Round AFTER they had developed a 3-peat caliber of execution, strategy and teamwork from 3-peating with MJ.

How is it people don't see that coming off a 3-peat with everyone still in their prime and a chip on their shoulder will allow a supporting cast to play extremely well, especially in the regular season?

How is it that I'm the only one responding with this very valid argument?

Also, the playoff reality is that the Bulls were a only a 2nd Round team.

MJ had to lead those Bulls to a 3-peat FIRST, before they could make the 2nd Round without him.

Of course, before MJ led them to a 3-peat, the Bulls were lottery without MJ - like in 1989, when the 47-win Bulls would've missed the 42-win playoff cut without MJ's 33/8/8..

Where was his supporting cast then???.. Oh wait, I know - they hadn't developed anywhere NEAR a 3-peat caliber of strategy, execution and teamwork!!!!

The Magic without Shaq were deep, take Miller away from the Pacers and they still had Chris Mullin, Derrick McKey, Rik Smitts, Mark Jackson. Take Payton away from he Sonics, they still throw Kemp, Hawkins, Shrempf and Perkins at you, the Suns can go KJ, Majerle, Ainge, Dumas...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Why doesn't anyone bring up that no other team that lazeruss wants us to evaluate was coming off a 3-peat?

Are people that clueless about basketball that they can't even see the FACTS - the Bulls only won 55 games and made the 2nd Round AFTER they had developed a 3-peat caliber of execution, strategy and teamwork from 3-peating with MJ.

How is it people don't see that coming off a 3-peat with everyone still in their prime and a chip on their shoulder will allow a supporting cast to play extremely well, especially in the regular season?

How is it that I'm the only one responding with this very valid argument?

Also, the playoff reality is that the Bulls were a only a 2nd Round team.

MJ had to lead those Bulls to a 3-peat FIRST, before they could make the 2nd Round without him.

Of course, before MJ led them to a 3-peat, the Bulls were lottery without MJ - like in 1989, when the 47-win Bulls would've missed the 42-win playoff cut without MJ's 33/8/8..

Where was his supporting cast then???.. Oh wait, I know - they hadn't developed anywhere NEAR a 3-peat caliber of strategy, execution and teamwork!!!!
    The bolded part is so true.

It was all about phil jackson's coaching. Pippen and Jordan were great players but not as good as those 6 rings might indicate.

Well the 90s Bulls minus Jordan indeed had one of the best if not the best supporting casts in the league and one of the GOAT coach with Pippen likely winning MVP every season if every team's best players were removed.

Having said that...it doesn't take away anything from Jordan, cause we all saw that his level of play was up there on the GOAT tier. If you want to say that with a lesser supporting cast the Bulls would likely win less championships then...that's reasonable.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Orlando would have froze. Chicago would have keyed on Penny and its all over from there.