Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Default More impressive title, Wade in 06 or KG in 08?

The most overrated championship performance (Wade) vs the most underrated championship performance (KG). Wade was playing next to Shaq just outside of his prime. He still commanded double teams and was a defensive anchor. He also got bailed out by the refs on a consistent basis. KG doesn't get the credit he deserved because of a lack of a FMVP, and people giving Pierce/Allen/Thibs too much credit.

I still give the edge to Wade because he was the Heat's best player in the regular season, Playoffs, and Finals. KG was the best Celtic in the regular season, Playoffs, but had a mediocre Finals series. He did win DPOY though, and I think we'd all agree that the '08 Celtics would sweep the '06 Heat in 4.

Default Re: More impressive title, Wade in 06 or KG in 08?

Dirk 2011.. Feel me?

College superstar

kg in 2008. better defender, rebounder...more of a presence.

wade was great in 2006, but shaq was still the man in miami.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Chandler 2011.. Feel me?
    Nah, even though his anchoring of the Mavs defense was the primary reason why they won, he just wasn't quite on the level of KG/Wade as a two way player. He also had the luxury of having a lockdown perimeter defender in Shawn Marion to guard Lebron.

NBA rookie of the year

Anything is possible

Wade had the immortal Antoine Walker to help him.

Shows you what a Finals MVP means, Shaq deserved Wades and KG deserved Pierces.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Bro, honestly, you got slayed years ago when Dirk won a title. Crawl back under your rock again.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Wade led the Heat over the Mavs while the 2nd leading scorer was Antoine Walker averaging 13.8ppg on 14.5 shots...yeah I'm going to go with Wade here. KG was the 3rd leading scorer with 18.2ppg in the finals...

Also...the Celtics who didn't go less than 6 games in ANY round (7 games in first and 2nd round) in 08...are going to sweep the Heat...if you say so. I never thought Pierce deserved the Finals MVP. If you were going to give it to someone for what they did offensively...they should have gave it to Ray who ate the Lakers up. I think it should have went to Garnett because he was by far the best rebounder and defensive player. Even if he did have a mediocre scoring finals, he was still the most important player...the most valuable.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-23-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    kg in 2008. better defender, rebounder...more of a presence.

wade was great in 2006, but shaq was still the man in miami.
    Obviously you're so off with this... Now if you were to discuss who was the man in 2005, that could get interesting

Pick some good Heat fan... PJR or someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Wade led the Heat over the Mavs while the 2nd leading scorer was Antoine Walker averaging 13.8ppg on 14.5 shots...yeah I'm going to go with Wade here. KG was the 3rd leading scorer with 18.2ppg in the finals...

Also...the Celtics who didn't go less than 6 games in ANY round in 08...are going to sweep the Heat...if you say so. I never thought Pierce deserved the Finals MVP. If you were going to give it to someone for what they did offensively...they should have gave it to Ray who ate the Lakers up. I think it should have went to Garnett because he was by far the best rebounder and defensive player. Even if he did have a mediocre scoring finals, he was still the most important player...the most valuable.
    Allen did a great job defensively on Kobe aswell.. Pierce switched on him at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

Also...the Celtics who didn't go less than 6 games in ANY round (7 games in first and 2nd round) in 08...are going to sweep the Heat...if you say so. I never thought Pierce deserved the Finals MVP. If you were going to give it to someone for what they did offensively...they should have gave it to Ray who ate the Lakers up. I think it should have went to Garnett because he was by far the best rebounder and defensive player. Even if he did have a mediocre scoring finals, he was still the most important player...the most valuable.
    Garnett dominated in that game 6 blowout

Pierce and Ray were obviously the best players in that series. Pierce was the best player in 3 of the 6 games and led the Celtics and PPG and assists so he deserved the award. He also outscored Kobe twice in LA which isn't an easy accomplishment

Wade's Finals overrated?

06 Heat swept?

Ok.

Shaq deserved Wades FMVP? Garnetts run was better? Celtics would sweep Heat?

You trolls reached an all time level of pathetic.

KGs run isnt in the same galaxy as Wades. How the **** is this an argument?

The most recent underrated Finals performance is Kobe's 2002. Dude put up 27, 6, 5 on 51%, which would be good enough for Finals MVP in almost any given year.

The most recent overrated Finals performance, based on some of the posts I've seen on this board, would be Shaq in '06.