Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: If you could build a team from scratch, who would you pick as your Point Guard?

God, some of you negros can't read for shit...

Anyway, if I don't know the rest of my team, probably Stockton. Goat creator, floor vision, good defender and can make the outsides shot, defenders can't sag. He can score on the pick and roll, defenders don't know who to guard. Could probably mesh with any other 4 players on the floor because he's so unselfish and will make sure everybody gets their shots.......

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Default Re: If you could build a team from scratch, who would you pick as your Point Guard?

For an entertaining team - Nash

If I wanted to win, i agree with OP - Thomas

High School Varsity 6th Man

If i could pick anyone it would clearly be 27 yr old lebron to play point. But if i had to pick someone listed as a pg id pick goatbrook, no pg in history could stay with him

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Rondo for sure, championship caliber, pure pass first point guard, intangibles out the ****ing door

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    1.Stockton
    2.Nash

Longevity and consistency above all

You'd go a long time and consistently never win a ring.

Serious playground baller

Can't understand why no one picking Allen Iverson. Sure no chips but the talent around him was minimal and he was always competitive in playoff series. Also he is a locker guy inspiring his fellows and doesn't create any drama for organizations of any kind.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Baller
    Can't understand why no one picking Allen Iverson. Sure no chips but the talent around him was minimal and he was always competitive in playoff series. Also he is a locker guy inspiring his fellows and doesn't create any drama for organizations of any kind.
    practice

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Chris Paul

I'll be the first to pick Gary Payton. Others pointguards were better scorers or better passers, but Payton is unique in that he can guard 2 (or even 3) positions, plus he's versatile enough to be a score first or pass first PG as needed. Not the best player, but I think would be extremely effective in today's NBA.

Never saw Walt Frazier, but I feel he could fit here as well.

Magic.

If Magic and Oscar are off the table, current Goatbrook.

I honestly think if he had a well constructed roster around him filled with defenders and shooters, and a great coach to harness the full extent of his talent, he could win multiple championships as the #1 option. Dude is unlike anything I've ever seen. So if I had a smart GM who could build properly around him, Goatbrook. It might take a bit of work to find and build the right team around him, but the ceiling is pretty damn high once that happens.

If it's completely a blind selection, and my GM could suck and the situation could get really bad, and the PG is on his own essentially..give me Jason Kidd. He's a coach, leader, and elite offensive and defensive PG all in one. Even if everything else sucks I can count on him to make the team at least respectable.

Learning to shoot layups

Pete Maravich

Magic.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

probably jeff teague

Magic = first choice
    Stockton = second choice
    Nash = 3rd choice