Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paul George Comeback Series Ep. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm sorry, I don't have the Sixers mentality right now of stacking up on draft picks. If you can make the playoffs, you go make the playoffs. Especially in the weak ass East.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    What do you mean there's no point? They're not some bottom feeding team, they're literally just one game back from the 8th seed. And it's 7 weeks till the playoffs. If he comes back in like 4 weeks, they make a push for that 8th seed, he gets like 3 weeks to work himself into shape... There is no benefit to holding him out the whole season if he's 100% good to go and is mentally ready as well.
    Except they could really use a good pick. Their team isn't getting better with age at this point. They are looking worse each season.

And you know how people always talk about having a lot of mileage when they get older? If he so chooses, why not let him sit the rest of the year and save the tread. His team probably isn't passing Atlanta in the first round, so what's the bonus for Indiana besides having an in-shape PG?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Prior to Bron saving your city that is all Cavs did and would have done for another 2-3 more drafts.
    This is beside the point and it's a moot one as well. For one, I'm not against teams stacking draft picks if the situation is right to do it. The Sixers right now and the Cavs back then had absolutely no chance in hell to make the playoffs. The Cavs had a bunch of D-Leaguers in the starting lineup with Irving.

The Pacers are 1 game from the 8th spot. The biggest part of the reason they're not doing well this season is because George their best player has been out.

Like I said in a previous post, if you have a chance to make the playoffs, you make the playoffs.

George isn't even confident he is 100%. Clearly you didn't read anything posted. So you think he should come back and give it a shot to make the playoffs. Good luck to him if he tries.
    He's just saying that to put expectations down. His goal was to come back and play this year and he probably will play.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Except they could really use a good pick. Their team isn't getting better with age at this point. They are looking worse each season.

And you know how people always talk about having a lot of mileage when they get older? If he so chooses, why not let him sit the rest of the year and save the tread. His team probably isn't passing Atlanta in the first round, so what's the bonus for Indiana besides having an in-shape PG?
    Mom, dad...meet voice of reason.

Mom, dad...meet voice of reason.
    Larry Bird doesn't believe in reason, he goes out to win.

He's just saying that to put expectations down. His goal was to come back and play this year and he probably will play.
    Or he is being completely honest and open in which case he should consider waiting til next season. Why risk this season just to make playoffs and make some people happy. All the while first rd exit, lower lottery and GOBB forbid injuring himself as he isn't 100%. His quote about his healthy leg is one to keep in mind. I'll repost so you can read it again...

"The biggest fear I have is injuring my [left] healthy leg because I'm so used to it being the stronger one and I don't want to overcompensate for it," George said.
    And that can very well happen to a guy who isnt even 100% today. But hey the risk is worth it just to possibly make the playoffs. You're not getting All Star George. You're getting George trying to play himself into shape and just be productive in pursuit of being All Star George. That aint happening in 20-25 games (whenever he actually decides to come back).

But good luck to him. Hope he doesn't get injured.

Larry Bird doesn't believe in reason, he goes out to win.
    Larry Bird was never returning from a leg broke in half...

But you know who went out to win? Grant Hill. Ahhhh if only he chose surgery over playing injured. He wouldn't be in memes with Penny, B.Roy and such

Larry Bird was never returning from a leg broke in half...

But you know who went out to win? Grant Hill. Ahhhh if only he chose surgery over playing injured. He wouldn't be in memes with Penny, B.Roy and such
    Okay.

NBA sixth man of the year

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

best 2 way player in the game

After today's win, Pacers have won 8 of their last 10 and 10 of their last 14.