Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

This is one conservative that knows how to reach out to minority communities.

On a serious note why would any rich person not simply by cocaine?

Default Re: Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

this guy has been a disgrace to Toronto long before this alleged incident. I like to think I lean to the right but I remember telling a lot of my FB friends at the time of his election that they shouldn't waste their time voting for Ford but they were caught up in his Gravy train retheroic

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    this guy has been a disgrace to Toronto long before this alleged incident. I like to think I lean to the right but I remember telling a lot of my FB friends at the time of his election that they shouldn't waste their time voting for Ford but they were caught up in his Gravy train retheroic
    He is just trying to help the kids man. The more crack he smokes the less that can fall in the hands of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    There hasn't been any proof of this "video". Gawker raised $200,000 to buy the video from the "drug dealers", but after raising the amount needed, they suddenly can't find the contact? I call BS

The Toronto media has been trying to ruin Ford for years now. I agree this mayor isn't the smartest guy, but he turned a $774 million deficit to a $90 million surplus for the city.

Only reason why a lot of people hate him is because he pissed off a lot of rich & corrupt people to turn that deficit into a surplus.

People in the city respect him for that, which is why these fake stories aren't gaining any momentum.
    Last edited by n00bie; 05-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.

I support rob ford. Everyone I know who has ever interacted with him in person has come alway impressed with his character and none of these media allegations have done anything to change that perception. Anyone who calls his office can get ahold of him for a quick word though I am sure this is no longer the case. The guy is honest and relatable - two qualities lacking in most politicians

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    There hasn't been any proof of this "video". Gawker raised $200,000 to buy the video from the "drug dealers", but after raising the amount needed, they suddenly can't find the contact? I call BS

The Toronto media has been trying to ruin Ford for years now. I agree this mayor isn't the smartest guy, but he turned a $774 million deficit to a $90 million surplus for the city.

Only reason why a lot of people hate him is because he pissed off a lot of rich & corrupt people to turn that deficit into a surplus.

People in the city respect him for that, which is why these fake stories aren't gaining any momentum.
    Well there is proof his chief of staff went to the cops on him and all his press folks just left.

The press in Toronto just published a story, they had been working on for a while that the mayor and his politician brother were the big local hashish dealers when they were teenagers.

You're seriously giving him credit for the turnaround ?

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    You're seriously giving him credit for the turnaround ?
    Turnaround happens during his 1st year as Mayor, so yes.

Who do you think is responsible for the turnaround?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Well there is proof his chief of staff went to the cops on him and all his press folks just left.

The press in Toronto just published a story, they had been working on for a while that the mayor and his politician brother were the big local hashish dealers when they were teenagers.
    Honestly, 90% of teenagers have smoked pot or dealt with pot. I still don't believe the video exist, but I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

If you dig hard enough, you're bound to find something in anyone's past. The Star has been bashing on Ford since day 1. There's a new story of the mayor on the front page daily.

Honestly, 90% of teenagers have smoked pot or dealt with pot. I still don't believe the video exist, but I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks.
    90% is a figure you pulled out of your ass.

"Dealt with pot" is just weasel words when you mean "dealt pot."

He didn't just deal hash. He was the biggest supplier in his area.

Why would he take a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Why would he take a picture?
    He was high?

Why would he hang out with Somali drug dealers and smoke crack?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    90% is a figure you pulled out of your ass.

"Dealt with pot" is just weasel words when you mean "dealt pot."

He didn't just deal hash. He was the biggest supplier in his area.
    Are there any evidence to these claims? Funny how that story came out at the same time of his "cocaine video" story.

Are there any evidence to these claims? Funny how that story came out at the same time of his "cocaine video" story.
    Here's the article. They interviewed several sources.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...3014/?page=all

I was incorrect when I said the mayor was involved. It was just his family, the paper says this
    [QUOTE]Rob Ford was not a player in the Etobicoke drug trade. Several sources said they saw him around his brothers as they were doing business, but they said he didn

They also published an editorial that said.
    This weekend, The Globe and Mail is publishing an extensive examination of the Toronto Ford family’s decades-old connection to illicit drugs. We are doing so with utmost caution, journalistic rigour and legal scrutiny – ultimately believing that Torontonians and, more broadly, Canadians need to understand the background of the most politically powerful family in the country’s biggest city.

An 18-month investigation by reporters Greg McArthur and Shannon Kari reveals that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s brother Doug sold hashish for several years in the 1980s, in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke. Another brother, Randy, was also involved in the drug trade, and charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping. Their sister, Kathy, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence
    How reliable is our information?

We located and interviewed 10 people who claimed to have contact with Doug Ford over illicit drugs. Each individual said they were afraid to attach their name to the story, citing the Ford family’s power in Toronto.

They did, however, speak at length, and in detail. Throughout we consulted with our legal counsel.
    Why now?

Our investigation has been ongoing since late 2011. The reporters were sent back multiple times to find more witnesses, corroborate details and further authenticate information provided in previous interviews. We decided to publish their work this week, given the intense public interest around the Ford family and alleged substance abuse. After Rob Ford spoke to the media on Friday afternoon, carefully saying he does not use crack cocaine and is not addicted to crack cocaine, a group of senior editors met again, reviewed the story, and concluded again that it is in the public interest to publish. Indeed, we felt it would be irresponsible not to share this information with the public at this time.