Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default LeBron should foul out every game...

If they called all of the offensive fouls that he commits nearly every drive, he'd be fouling out every single game.

How many times this game did the commentator say something like "officials missed the push off from LeBron" Happened like 6-7 times... He's a glorified Harden. Creating contact, whining for calls, ball hogging and over dribbling, choking away big games...
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 03-01-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Default Re: LeBron should foul out every game...

He also takes alot of contact and doesnt get the call so it goes both ways.

Learning to shoot layups

That's not what I typically see. Infact I find that Lebron is incredible at avoiding charges on his drives.

That was very apparent tonight in the loss againt Houston. As he tried his best to avoid contact on crucial drives, and ended up missing what seemed to be make-able layups.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He also takes alot of contact and doesnt get the call so it goes both ways.
    yeah but how many of those times is the contact that he "takes" only contact that he specifically went looking for, trying to get a call.

if you've watched lbj in the playoffs over his career you'd remember the thousands of times where he just ran into a guy and got ft's for it. maybe it hasn't been as bad recently, but it's still an essential part of his game and in his prime the refs were horrible at calling that in his favor.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    yeah but how many of those times is the contact that he "takes" only contact that he specifically went looking for, trying to get a call.

if you've watched lbj in the playoffs over his career you'd remember the thousands of times where he just ran into a guy and got ft's for it. maybe it hasn't been as bad recently, but it's still an essential part of his game and in his prime the refs were horrible at calling that in his favor.
    All superstars get refereed favorably. This shouldn't be news to you. That's how its always been and will likely always be.

Lebron gets fouled a lot more times without getting the calls for it than the offensive fouls he gets away with. defenders are also looking to flop the moment Lebron lowers his shoulders on them.

Hubie Brown is a passive agressive Lebron hater, he always does that. On one play, Beverly was clearly moving, he still said it should have been an offensive foul on Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Lebron gets fouled a lot more times without getting the calls for it than the offensive fouls he gets away with. defenders are also looking to flop the moment Lebron lowers his shoulders on them.
    as they should be since the officials have proven to have the mentality that if a star abuses something enough times, they'll just stop calling it so that they aren't constantly putting the star into foul trouble.... this is something that refs have came out and said that the nba used to specifically meet with their officials over, making sure that they are avoiding calling fouls on stars in 50/50 situations and what not.... and you saw that today, LeBron could have easily had 2 technicals this game but because he already had 1 the officials gave him a big leash and were giving him just about every call in the 2nd half...

as a defender why don't you have the right to the spot you are standing in? if the offensive player is going to recklessly barrel into you or better yet run right next to you while trying to push you away rather than shield the ball with good dribbling form, they deserve to get the foul called on them every time. this style of basketball where offensive players just pick up the ball and run recklessly into the paint and get bailed out with a call is not fun to watch, it's flat out ugly basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    Hubie Brown is a passive agressive Lebron hater, he always does that. On one play, Beverly was clearly moving, he still said it should have been an offensive foul on Lebron.
    When Lebron was still with the Heat that fool wouldn't even try to hide his bias. He's honestly getting too old to still be calling games.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    as they should be since the officials have proven to have the mentality that if a star abuses something enough times, they'll just stop calling it so that they aren't constantly putting the star into foul trouble.... this is something that refs have came out and said that the nba used to specifically meet with their officials over, making sure that they are avoiding calling fouls on stars in 50/50 situations and what not.... and you saw that today, LeBron could have easily had 2 technicals this game but because he already had 1 the officials gave him a big leash and were giving him just about every call in the 2nd half...

as a defender why don't you have the right to the spot you are standing in? if the offensive player is going to recklessly barrel into you or better yet run right next to you while trying to push you away rather than shield the ball with good dribbling form, they deserve to get the foul called on them every time. this style of basketball where offensive players just pick up the ball and run recklessly into the paint and get bailed out with a call is not fun to watch, it's flat out ugly basketball.
    You just described Westbrook's entire game, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    You just described Westbrook's entire game, Simon.
    who?

and when I watch Westbrook I see it a bit different. He reminds me more of Wade than anyone. he attacks the rim from so many angles, has developed into a dominant post player for his position, has a great pull up jumper to compliment defenders dropping back when defending him because they are scared of his athleticism... and these past two years in particular it just looks like he has gotten better at finishing with creativity around the rim.... all he needs to do now is shoot less 3's and he'll be like prime D Wade offensively

Quote Originally Posted by Mirzas
    That's not what I typically see. Infact I find that Lebron is incredible at avoiding charges on his drives.

That was very apparent tonight in the loss againt Houston. As he tried his best to avoid contact on crucial drives, and ended up missing what seemed to be make-able layups.
    I saw he barreled over Beverley, which everyone and their other knew was a charge, including the announcers, and then not 2 plays later be runs over D Mo, which may have been worse than the first missed charge call.

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    He said that because Lebron was running full speed, head down, and out of control, and ran Beverley over outside the restricted area. You don't have to be set for it to be a charge, scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I saw he barreled over Beverley, which everyone and their other knew was a charge, including the announcers, and then not 2 plays later be runs over D Mo, which may have been worse than the first missed charge call.
    I also don't understand why they called that beverley/lebron altercation a double technical....

beverley got ran over, and then lebron is laying on top of him with his hands pushing down on beverley, taking his sweet time getting up while looking at the ref for some reason.. if you're beverley what the **** are you supposed to do there to not get a double t? just lay there and let LeBron be a douche and put all of his weight on you and disrespect you?

All I saw Beverley do was try to get up... but alas, the officials are horrible when it comes to calling just one technical...

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Beverley was clearly moving, by rules, that's a blocking foul.