Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 03-02-2008, 03:56 AM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: This probably means nothing to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I wasn't saying Gay is a 4 or anything like that. I was just saying that because alexthegod asked if Gay is a long term option at the 4 and I knew that he had played some 4 this season.
Oh ok. I understand.

Now, regarding the game last night. Memphis, once again, proves that they suck in the 2nd half of a game last night. This is getting pretty pathetic now, I'm assuming that Memphis are now tanking for a better pick, it would make sense, because they isn't much to battle for now, apart from a better position in the lottery.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #17
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Uh, now I'm really hating the Pau trade. He's just having his way with the Mavericks today. Oh well, we tanked and got Timmeh, so we're not perfect either.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #18
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Oh ok. I understand.

Now, regarding the game last night. Memphis, once again, proves that they suck in the 2nd half of a game last night. This is getting pretty pathetic now, I'm assuming that Memphis are now tanking for a better pick, it would make sense, because they isn't much to battle for now, apart from a better position in the lottery.
I think that you are right. I am expecting the Grizzlies to tank the rest of the season because quite frankly, what do they have to play for? Pride? Please they tanked last season so its not like that is a problem for them.

The Grizzlies are going to go into full blown tank mode soon, if they aren't already in it.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
I think that you are right. I am expecting the Grizzlies to tank the rest of the season because quite frankly, what do they have to play for? Pride? Please they tanked last season so its not like that is a problem for them.

The Grizzlies are going to go into full blown tank mode soon, if they aren't already in it.
Yup. I don't mind if we're going to tank now. What's going to annoy me is that we will have a great chance of getting the 1st - 3rd pick, but we'll most likely end up with a pick worse than last year.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #20
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Yup. I don't mind if we're going to tank now. What's going to annoy me is that we will have a great chance of getting the 1st - 3rd pick, but we'll most likely end up with a pick worse than last year.

Can a franchise be more frustrating than the Grizzlies? Maybe New York but it seems they only need to fire Zeke to rise again, while here I can not see a light at the end of the tunnel.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #21
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Can a franchise be more frustrating than the Grizzlies? Maybe New York but it seems they only need to fire Zeke to rise again, while here I can not see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Definitly frustrating to watch. This team had (and still has) plenty of talent to be at a higher seed. Before Tarence Kinsey was waived, this team had enough talent to challenge for the 8th-10th seed, I honestly believe that.

What went wrong? Ivaroni wanting to play a run and gun style of basketball. Ivaroni, himself, seems to be a nice guy and well rounded coach, I just feel that his approach to this team has been wrong and calculated incorrectly.

Now we are tanking the season and trying to get a better chance of getting that 1st pick. Do I mind? Not really, because that means we can get another piece that hopefully will help this team in the long run. But it still annoys me that we are losing games we should be winning. Had Ivaroni came into Memphis with a solid idea of making this team run plays, getting the ball into the post and swinging the ball around perimeter, then I feel we would have a couple more W's racked up in the column. Oh...and before I forget, DEFENSE, we need to play it, we can't expect to try and just simple out score the other, it won't work.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
jailer
MillionDollarException

This team is definitely confusing.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: