Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default This probably means nothing to you.

I think trading Pau to the Lakers was a good move.

They got two first round picks which will make them competitive in a few years.

I'm basically saying I like this trade because I'm a HUGE Hakim Warrick fan, especially at Syracuse. I was thinking man, shame he went to the Grizz, there team is DEEP.

But since Gasol left he's put up some decent numbers.

And I guess the Grizz got a ton of cap space now? Good timing, one of the best F/A classes ever.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Re: This probably means nothing to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
I think trading Pau to the Lakers was a good move.

They got two first round picks which will make them competitive in a few years.

I'm basically saying I like this trade because I'm a HUGE Hakim Warrick fan, especially at Syracuse. I was thinking man, shame he went to the Grizz, there team is DEEP.

But since Gasol left he's put up some decent numbers.

And I guess the Grizz got a ton of cap space now? Good timing, one of the best F/A classes ever.

I don't know who out of the top free agents would actually want to play with Memphis. Are both first round picks from the Lakers? Those picks will likely be around 28 or so, as L.A. looks like they can be successful for a few years down the road. What I think they should have done is get rid of Mike Miller for an expirer. You'd think that getting Jason Williams or Ricky Davis from Miami would have been enough, maybe throw in a filler or a future pick. Of course, I don't know what goes on in the front office, and maybe there were unexpected complications, but IMO they've got to get rid of all the crap they don't want on their team now. I think it was a terrible move, and thanks to Grizzlies management raping their own team by giving L.A. Gasol, the West looks tougher than it has ever been. I hope Memphis wins every game for the rest of the season, still don't attract a free agent to sign with them, and they end up with a bust pick.

Meh.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

A good trade for us? How? We gave up our best player for pretty much nothing. Sure, we get cap space, but who the hell is going to sign for the grizz, even if we give the players better deals than all the other the teams, they still won't sign with us.

Also, since giving up Gasol, the Lakers have won 10 of 11 and have won 9 straight and counting. Whereas we have won 1 of 10 and have lost 6 straight and counting since trading Pau.

Yeah, a good deal for us.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
A good trade for us? How? We gave up our best player for pretty much nothing. Sure, we get cap space, but who the hell is going to sign for the grizz, even if we give the players better deals than all the other the teams, they still won't sign with us.

Also, since giving up Gasol, the Lakers have won 10 of 11 and have won 9 straight and counting. Whereas we have won 1 of 10 and have lost 6 straight and counting since trading Pau.

Nothing else to add
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:

Its only gonna get worse.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
alexthegod
Local High School Star

I'm still waiting to see whats going to happen with the 3 headed monster at PG. Are Warrick and Gay both 4's? Gay looked great against the Suns in the 3 qtrs I saw.

They have the pieces to potentially put a good team together. They have some nice young pieces in Gay, Warrick, Conley, and J-Critt. A deadly outside shooter in Miller, cap space, and 5 1st round picks over the next 3 years. Don't forget that Marc Gasol could be here during the next couple of years. Even though the Lakers picks may be late 1st rounders, it does give them the option to move up in the draft if they feel they need to. Or package them with other players in other trades.

Gasol started the rebuilding domino, now we have to see the next couple of steps to really know how this is going to work out.

If the owner is doing this just to sell the team, that would really piss me off.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Gay isn't a 4 on a normal team. If the Grizzlies weren't a faced paced team that looks to push the tempo Gay would definitely not be playing the 4. He is a wing player through and through to me at least. I can't see him being a 4 in the long run unless the Grizzlies always plan on playing small ball of sorts.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4'D
Gay isn't a 4 on a normal team. If the Grizzlies weren't a faced paced team that looks to push the tempo Gay would definitely not be playing the 4. He is a wing player through and through to me at least. I can't see him being a 4 in the long run unless the Grizzlies always plan on playing small ball of sorts.
Gay isn't a 4 though, he is a 3 and plays at the 3 for the majority of the time. He does play some 4 but not a lot. Technically he may sub in as a 4 due to our lack of talent there, but he doesn't play like a 4 or even similar to a 4 at all.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #9
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Ok, so this is the core they have? Of course one of those PG's will most likely get dealt.

PG Conley/Lowry/J-Critt
SG Miller
SF Gay
PF Warrick
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Today, yes. i don't know how will it look after the draft. Memphis is lacking a center, but I don't think there is a really good one in the draft, so depending on what pick they can grab in the lottery, things can change a lot.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

That seems to be the core at the moment, maybe include Navarro. But it's hard to say whether he is a part of any long term plans. He was initially brought here just for Gasol, so I'd assume no, but I'd like to think he would be.

I think we might end up drafting a 4 in the draft, which doesn't really bother me much, it will give Hakim somone to work with and rotate with.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Thanks Memphis!!!!!!!! We love you!!!! What an awesome gift Gasol was!!!!!
Smart move for you for the future, I do hope it works out for both teams.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Thanks Memphis!!!!!!!! We love you!!!! What an awesome gift Gasol was!!!!!
Smart move for you for the future, I do hope it works out for both teams.

Stealing candy from a retarded kid is not nice, Kupcake should know better.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #14
TJ4'D
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Gay isn't a 4 though, he is a 3 and plays at the 3 for the majority of the time. He does play some 4 but not a lot. Technically he may sub in as a 4 due to our lack of talent there, but he doesn't play like a 4 or even similar to a 4 at all.
I wasn't saying Gay is a 4 or anything like that. I was just saying that because alexthegod asked if Gay is a long term option at the 4 and I knew that he had played some 4 this season.
TJ4'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:26 AM   #15
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Today, yes. i don't know how will it look after the draft. Memphis is lacking a center, but I don't think there is a really good one in the draft, so depending on what pick they can grab in the lottery, things can change a lot.

DeAndre Jordan will be really good, but he's also a project. Don't know if that's what the Grizz are lookin for.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: