Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #91
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: George Karl: "Kobe one of the top 3 talents in the history of basketball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
how is Dwight Howard more talented then Wilt and Kareem??? does touch not qualify as a talent
Dwight Howard and Wilt Chamberlain are close calls for me. However, I feel Howard has all the traits of Wilt while being appearing to be a tad "thicker" than Wilt so I give him the advantage.

Lew Alcindor had great touch but athletically I don't think he's in the same grouping as Dwight or Wilt.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #92
Younggrease
Banned

Default Re: George Karl: "Kobe one of the top 3 talents in the history of basketball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Dwight Howard and Wilt Chamberlain are close calls for me. However, I feel Howard has all the traits of Wilt while being appearing to be a tad "thicker" than Wilt so I give him the advantage.

Lew Alcindor had great touch but athletically I don't think he's in the same grouping as Dwight or Wilt.

I can see that but watch that karate movie with Kareem and Bruce Lee fighting...That is a freakin display of balance and athletism...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #93
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
If one guy have to compete in a basketball Olympics,something like all the ASG events in one ,Slam Dunk, 3 point shooting and then the skills course ...KB24 is one of those guys who could win all the events...SHAQ and Dwight...not so much.
The dunking is a measure of creativity and the 3-ball is a skill so by my definition it wouldn't be an accurate measure of basketball talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
George Karl to me isn't that smart but I am fairly sure that's what he means skill with the basketball as talent...as I've seen him say as much b4.
This is why I started my comment by explaining my opinion on basketball talent. Each of us has a different definition of "basketball talent".
Old 12-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #94
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I can see that but watch that karate movie with Kareem and Bruce Lee fighting...That is a freakin display of balance and athletism...
One of the best movie moments ever.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #95
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

I wouldn't say top 3 all time, but I would say the best in the league RIGHT NOW.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #96
allizzle
Saw a basketball once

Talent? Pff...

Hard work > Talent.
allizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #97
gsw4life
I usually hit open layups

He's right.
gsw4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: