Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2007, 02:03 AM   #31
Sharas
Good college starter

Default Re: The truth about Dirk

the truth about howarddirk/romosexual : he's a poor excuse for a basketball fan and his memory doesn't go past last few weeks
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #32
SupermanOnSteroids
Banned

the problem with the mavs is that in order for them to win it all, they need dirk to be something he's not. mavs would be better off trading dirk for kobe and signing webber. a team of harris/kobe/howard/webber/diop with terry/stack/and all the other old ass guys off the bench, it would be hard for avery johnson to screw it up.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #33
Silverbullit
Good college starter

For all you Dirk haters and doubters: wait for April, then rethink your postings!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:48 AM   #34
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Mavs just need to get on their bike. Every time they slow it down they are going away from what Diop, Dirk, Howard, Harris, Terry and Eddie Jones do well. They are basically playing to Stack, Juwon and Dampier's strengths. That is just stupid.

It's sad because Avery is a good coach, it's just his mentality that is all wrong, they aren't the Spurs, Dirk is not Duncan. They are not a defensive team.

It's the old saying... "Sometimes the best defense is a great offense". That is Dallas. Get them the easy baskets.

That said, they do need to get Dirk to drive more. He is doing what Antoine Walker did, falling in love with the jumper. He has never been good in the post, but he was pretty good driving a couple of years ago, when they were challenging for the title. Needs to get back to it.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #35
duncan on U
Decent playground baller

dirk plays his best Mad it makes him more physical and he demands the ball from my observations, maybe Avery should slap the **** out of him before every game.
duncan on U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #36
Jerk Nowitzki
Learning to shoot layups

I think it's unfair to write the guy off already. Some people are just seeing him the way we last remembered him, which was losing to the Warriors. It's still fresh in our minds, so it's easy to dis him....

But what I'm tired of is this 'let's build him up and tear him down' type media we have. Just look at Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Britney Spears, or whoever else this has been done to. And moronic fanboys eat it up because they'd rather gossip about clothes and 'he said, she said' type crap than talk about basketball. I mean, just look at the poster of the original message, this guy is a complete idiot. What does Nowitzki's mouth guard and the way he grabs his shirt have to do with anything? Does this guy watch basketball, or just examine bodily actions between whistles??
Jerk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #37
Sharas
Good college starter

i willing to bet my life that howarddirk will have another period when he'll hype up dirk as best player in league.

seriously, guy's bordering on a bipolar disorder. not so long ago he thought of dirk as best player in league and now he doubts if he's even top 25?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #38
RomoSexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
i willing to bet my life that howarddirk will have another period when he'll hype up dirk as best player in league.

seriously, guy's bordering on a bipolar disorder. not so long ago he thought of dirk as best player in league and now he doubts if he's even top 25?

Go read the Mavs messageboards and listen to Dallas Radio, they all have the same opinion.

And I never said top 25, I said top 15, get it right.

Also, I have defended Dirk for a LONG time, but its quite obvious, he will never be able to get it done.

That being said, this whole team sucks right now, not just Dirk.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #39
Cherokee Parks
I usually hit open layups

You Dallas fans are a bunch of losers.
Mark Cuban HAD a "championship" team, and dumped/traded everyone.
This guy is a fool......and as long has he is involved in ANY of the Mavs front office decisions, they aren't going anywhere. Fact.
Cherokee Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #40
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Dirk is just coasting and trying to save himself for the playoffs where he has had trouble the past couple years.

Dallas is still a top 5 team and will still be a top 4 seed come playoff time.

That being said, after last years breakdown (to my team) I thought for sure Dallas would blow the team up and make some moves. I know it seems like a drastic move.... but recovering from two years of let-downs can take the fire out of a team.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #41
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

As if Mavs fans weren't idiots already, now they're turning on their franchise player.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:50 AM   #42
Sharas
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomoSexual
Go read the Mavs messageboards and listen to Dallas Radio, they all have the same opinion.

so in other words, you admit that you are a bandwagoner who can't form his own opinion?

it was obvious already, but i'm glad that you admit it yourself.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:34 AM   #43
ZOMG
Decent playground baller

Avery Johnson has destroyed Dallas and proven that he doesn't know how the mind of his franchise player works.

The way he keeps throwing Dirk under a bus is something I've never seen from an NBA head coach. He doesn't realize that Dirk is too humble a guy to respond in the way Avery is probably hoping for. When you publically criticize Dirk and make him a 2nd option at the end of games, he doesn't think like most other NBA franchise players would: "**** you, I don't work for you, you work for ME. I'll show you how I can take over in the next game. Let's see how you'll like me then."

Dirk isn't like that. Instead of blaming the mind games of his coach, he believes Avery is just telling the truth (like he himself would), then starts blaming himself and loses all confidence - and that's absolutely lethal for a franchise player in his position.

Dirk is a great shooter, one of the greatest. You NEVER make a player like that lose confidence.
ZOMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 AM   #44
RomoSexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
so in other words, you admit that you are a bandwagoner who can't form his own opinion?

it was obvious already, but i'm glad that you admit it yourself.

yup, ive been on the mavs bandwagon since 1992
Old 12-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #45
Sharas
Good college starter

seems, not long enough for you to have your own opinion
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: