Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-24-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Jason Kidd's career is wasted.

No, this isn't specifically meant to be a jab at the nets, but in watching him play today, it reminds me of the energy and effort he exherts that is unmatched by his teammates. Everytime he catches the ball he's running full speed looking for his teammates who are all jogging. When the other team gets the ball, he's sprinting down on defense, often the lone defender on the fast break. The guy breaks his back for his team night in and night out, putting up triple doubles, doing it all, and if being real, he knows that he's got no title shot with this team (barring a surprise and tremendous upset). I feel bad watching the guy lose his best years.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Jason Kidd's career is wasted.

Who knows what can happen in the East.

Yeah of course you have teams like Boston and the Pistons but Nets can still have a run at the title. Jeffersons game is on and If Carter gets healthier they have Magloire and Nenad down low.

Of Course Bostons winning the East but Nets can still compete.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Who knows what can happen in the East.
Yeah of course you have teams like Boston and the Pistons but Nets can still have a run at the title. Jeffersons game is on and If Carter gets healthier they have Magloire and Nenad down low.

Of Course Bostons winning the East but Nets can still compete.
Would an EC finals or EC championship really be considered a great success for someone who who's been to the finals twice already?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:39 AM   #4
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

Not wasted. If he keeps stealing rebounds, forcing passes, and squeeking out 11 point games he can be the all-time triple double leader. Championships come and go my friend, but ALL TIME TRIPLE DOUBLE LEADER. Come on. That's the ultimate prize!
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #5
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

It was his choice to remain where he is. He has been wasted in New Jersey though. Brilliant player...why he had to rot on the stinking Nets is beyond me.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Vragrant
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Not wasted. If he keeps stealing rebounds, forcing passes, and squeeking out 11 point games he can be the all-time triple double leader. Championships come and go my friend, but ALL TIME TRIPLE DOUBLE LEADER. Come on. That's the ultimate prize!

lol, I agee to fans make too much of this guy. He's a great player and a future hall of famer but I think he's overrated. He's a mediocre shooter/scorer and for such a highly touted PG, is not that great in the halfcourt. He's a beast on the fastbreak but in the halfcourt he is mediocre.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 AM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
lol, I agee to fans make too much of this guy. He's a great player and a future hall of famer but I think he's overrated. He's a mediocre shooter/scorer and for such a highly touted PG, is not that great in the halfcourt. He's a beast on the fastbreak but in the halfcourt he is mediocre.
Overrated my ass. The guy does a little bit of everything on the court. I think somewhere along the line, "fans" and some nba players seemed to forget that a pg's primary job is to distribute the ball to his teammates. In that regard, he's far above mediocre. Then you add what he brings to the game that most pg's don't which is rebounding, excellent defense, 100% effort on both ends of the floor, and there you have it, a player that will not be replicated in this league. Scorers come and go constantly, but not many bring those intangibles of Kidd. Put him on a different type of team, and you'd see the difference. ex. team USA lthis past summer.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:28 AM   #8
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

He did get a shot to play in the big series.

But it is sad seeing good players on bad teams, especially when they are older and closing out their careers.

Expect the same for Kobe.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:32 AM   #9
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

He's been to the Finals twice and is a lock for the Hall of Fame. His career is anything but a waste. The problem with the current Nets team is the players want to play the half court game(except Carter, RJ, and Williams). The problem is Carter is not 100% healed from his ankle injury, so RJ and Williams are the only ones that will run with Kidd.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 AM   #10
kidachi

what would be a great team for JKidd?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 AM   #11
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
what would be a great team for JKidd?

Any team with young guns, or guys that like to run. That would be Sonics, Suns, Knicks to name a few.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #12
hon
DURAS

He had two finals trips. That's not bad.

hon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #13
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Someone name everyone of those guys. I'm struggling so far.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:02 AM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
He's been to the Finals twice and is a lock for the Hall of Fame. His career is anything but a waste. The problem with the current Nets team is the players want to play the half court game(except Carter, RJ, and Williams). The problem is Carter is not 100% healed from his ankle injury, so RJ and Williams are the only ones that will run with Kidd.
If we were going by that logic, then Lebron already has something to hang his hat on. A final experience and sweep. Making it out of the east is a good accomplishment, yes, but one that someone of his talent level would not be happy with. Kidd is one of those guys, just like KG. A person who loves to play, gives his heart night in and night out in hopes of one day being able to win a championship. Unfortunately, it looks like he's gonna keep putting up numbers for a losing cause. Not that the nets will definitely lose in the playoffs, they may even surprise and reach the ECF. But this team would be a long shot title contender at best.

edit: and someone mentioned this above, but in addition, Kidd is a player who works best on fast breaks. I suppose this team could be a little more effective if he could get RJ and Carter to run with him consistently, everytime. But there just aren't enough pieces on this team to match his playing style.

Last edited by bokes15 : 11-24-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:03 AM   #15
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Someone name everyone of those guys. I'm struggling so far.

Top row: Jason Collins, Lucious Harris, Richard Jefferson

Middle row: Jason Kidd, Kerry Kittles, Kenyon Martin

Bottom row: Rodney Rogers, Brian Scalabrine, Dikembe Mutombo, Aaron Williams

I'm missing some, but that's what I can figure out so far.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: