Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What would you rather have: Free theraputic services or free mechanic services?

One of the options is maintaining a disposable good, the other is not. Pretty easy choice.

Default Re: What would you rather have: Free theraputic services or free mechanic services?

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Mechanic services and its not even close.
    How is prolonging life, speeding up recovery from disease or injury, and improving all round well being not even close? Therapy can also improve your ability to play sports and recover from it.

In a lifetime the value of unlimited therapy far exceeds the costs of mechanical repair and maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    One of the options is maintaining a disposable good, the other is maintaining, prolonging, and improving the quality of one's life. Pretty easy choice.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    How is prolonging life, speeding up recovery from disease or injury, and improving all round well being not even close? Therapy can also improve your ability to play sports and recover from it.

In a lifetime the value of unlimited therapy far exceeds the costs of mechanical repair and maintenance
    Because I can get that for free, to say nothing of the fact that ,my yearly gym membership and the cost of not eating horrible foods is still less than replacing a single set of brakes. I couldn't possibly care less about my ability to play sports at my age because I'm not a teenager who cares about excelling at sports anymore, nor am I paid to play them to such an extent that extensive therapy is required to prolong my ability to do so.
    Last edited by Derka; 03-11-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Because I can get that for free, to say nothing of the fact that ,my yearly gym membership and the cost of not eating horrible foods is still less than replacing a single set of brakes. I couldn't possibly care less about my ability to play sports at my age because I'm not a teenager who cares about excelling at sports anymore, nor am I paid to play them to such an extent that extensive therapy is required to prolong my ability to do so.
    Maybe specify for your personal preference then? Because it's not even close for me for the exact opposite in my personal circumstances. I have 100% coverage in my vehicle due to my job where as I only get 70% medically related therapy coverage. I've far spent more therapy then on my car. And excelling at sports for me is still going out and doing the sports I love and being able to compete. Are you saying you're going to stop playing sports all together?

Also you're telling me you get free chiropractic adjustments? Free massage therapy? Free access to alternative healing? Tell us how we can achieve this or what place of work offers this?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I'm Mexican so I can have one of my cousins do the bodywork on the cheap and the actual mechanic work myself. Y'all need to learn. Get yourself a vehicle specific guide, it's not as difficult as you think. I learned all on myself.

Definitely therapeutic.
    I agree but it is time consuming especially if you are doing something for the first time...also the same can be said for most household repairs or even electronic repairs (the latter could be more difficult.) With today's age of the internet it is very easy to learn how to most repairs(ie plumbing, construction, electricity, etc) but could take a decent amount of time.

I value my time if I could have free mechanical work done it would be nice. If option #1 included household work as well I would definitely choose that.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 03-11-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Maybe specify for your personal preference then? Because it's not even close for me for the exact opposite in my personal circumstances. I have 100% coverage in my vehicle due to my job where as I only get 70% medically related therapy coverage. I've far spent more therapy then on my car. And excelling at sports for me is still going out and doing the sports I love and being able to compete. Are you saying you're going to stop playing sports all together?

Also you're telling me you get free chiropractic adjustments? Free massage therapy? Free access to alternative healing? Tell us how we can achieve this or what place of work offers this?
    Are you just going to think up a bunch of random therapy shit for the sake of pretending you're "right" somehow? I don't need therapy. I need my car working at all times. Our discussion is over.

I answer with my opinion and you come at me with some shit about alternative healing. Jesus.

Are you just going to think up a bunch of random therapy shit for the sake of pretending you're "right" somehow? I don't need therapy. I need my car working at all times. Our discussion is over.

I answer with my opinion and you come at me with some shit about alternative healing. Jesus.
    Relax bro. No need to get offended. I was genuinely asking since I wouldn't mind taking advantages of these free services since you said you get them for free. I wasn't criticizing you.
    Maybe you should look into this alternative therapy. It can help reduce stress

I could use a good massage. I've been very stressed lately.

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

haha hateraid seems legit surprised that not many people are agreeing with him

basically youre asking if people would want something that is elective VS something that is generally considered mandatory, depending on where you live. both can be costly, but the latter is usually a much larger lump sum. and people generally avoid going to a mechanic, because of the cost, until they HAVE too.

so if it was free, people would go to the mechanic for any and every problem, no matter how small

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    haha hateraid seems legit surprised that not many people are agreeing with him

basically youre asking if people would want something that is elective VS something that is generally considered mandatory, depending on where you live. both can be costly, but the latter is usually a much larger lump sum. and people generally avoid going to a mechanic, because of the cost, until they HAVE too.

so if it was free, people would go to the mechanic for any and every problem, no matter how small
    Lol, maybe not surprised that they are not agreeing, but surprised they don't see the value is a lot closer than people realize.

Maybe I do because my body has gone through wear and tear and I take full advantage of any therapeutic services I can get and then some. Where as even though I don't pay for my car I rarely go overboard on maintenance services. For the money I've invested over the last few years I've spent more on therapy than my car. But I guess people need to experience the pain of aging to appreciate what I am talking about. When you're 35 it will be a lot closer than people realize.

For instance, I've been seeing a chiropractor over the last couple of years. I was spending $40 a session and going 3 times per week. When I was seeing him regularly the quality of my well being improved dramatically. Moreso than any diet or exercise can maintain. Since I'm limited to 70% up to $750 there is only so much I can take advantage of. But if I could I would go once a week for the rest of my life.

I guess the difference is more profound once you get older but I really value the quality of life.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

yeah, more I think about this, it's a no-brainer

Massage/theraputics is a great luxury that you could take advantage of every single day of your life. It would make your life heavenly. A 1-hour session is usually in the $75 range.

vs. free work on your car that would just save you some money every now and then :/

I mean, come on

If you had a Tacoma, it would never need fixing.