Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mall shooting in Clackamas Town Center

Anyone following this? This is a pretty big deal to me. This is a mall I go to. I asked to take my final today instead of Monday. I'm glad because I was thinking about going to the mall.

This mall is very popular. It's right in between the busiest street in Portland and a freeway. Clackamas is a nicer area just outside of Portland. They have a brand new theater and the food court is all renewed. One good thing about that mall is that there are usually a lot of cops walking around because it's so nice.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/11/us/ore...html?hpt=hp_t1

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Mall shooting in Clackamas Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Anyone following this? This is a pretty big deal to me. This is a mall I go to. I asked to take my final today instead of Monday. I'm glad because I was thinking about going to the mall.

This mall is very popular. It's right in between the busiest street in Portland and a freeway. Clackamas is a nicer area just outside of Portland. They have a brand new theater and the food court is all renewed. One good thing about that mall is that there are usually a lot of cops walking around because it's so nice.

How many more people need to die before some heavy restrictions on firearms are made? The ends are not justifying the means here.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    How many more people need to die before some heavy restrictions on firearms are made? The ends are not justifying the means here.
    People need their guns for when their government turns on them

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Oh shit, I've shopped there. Didn't get the news down here in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    People need their guns for when their government turns on them
    Given enough time eventually more people will die from their own (collective) firearms than the government would kill if they turned on them. I don't know how many people have died so far in US history from firearms (not including actual war) but it would be an interesting statistic.

I commented on a Bob Costas video the other day. My comment got all thumbs down and I got about a million people sending me hate messages.

One guy made this long argument to me about how gun violence goes up with stricter gun laws. He linked me to some article about Chicago gun violence going up after a gun ban. It sounds like complete bull.

He linked me to some article about Chicago gun violence going up after a gun ban. It sounds like complete bull.
    It might even be true, but it doesn't mean it will be like that forever. Not even factoring in confounding variables, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. An outright gun ban would be a pretty massive change and you would expect to see some immediate fallout, but eventually everything would return to equilibrium.

My fear would be that America is far too entrenched in gun culture that banning them now would only really feed the illegal firearm trade in a similar fashion to prohibition. An outright ban probably wouldn't be a good thing, but a gradual reform to laws and cultural ideals might work best.

not to get into the sentiment of people killing people and not guns but to go along with necessary gun control there should be the necessary focus on the people that commit such acts.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

That mall is less than 5 miles from where I live. It's all that much scarier when it's close to home...

How do you pronounce the name of the city?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Search up how many shootings there have been in Australia.. America needs to l2gunlaws..

What kind of ****ing sicko runs into a shopping mall with the intent of destroying innocent people's lives, as well as their families. Fuxk I hate humanity.

Hopefully that's the last one for December. You guys seem to average about one mass shooting a month. Nothing will change your gun culture of course though. RIP.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    How do you pronounce the name of the city?
    Clack-uh-mass

Decent college freshman

Given enough time eventually more people will die from their own (collective) firearms than the government would kill if they turned on them. I don't know how many people have died so far in US history from firearms (not including actual war) but it would be an interesting statistic.
    Far fewer than alcohol, tobacco, motorcycle and other such accidents.

But hey, you don't like guns and you're clearly intelligent and awesome so it must be okay to shit all over other people's constitutional rights, yeah?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

This is just disgusting. You can't go anywhere without worrying about your safety anymore. Why doesn't that sicko just end his own life instead of traumatizing hundreds of people and take others lives?