Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Baron Davis once again making excuses for past failures

why would you guys think baron has anything left? he is always out of shape

Be skeptical. However, making a thread that claims he's making excuses is a bit whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    This is a Warriors fan talking too. It's funny to me how the people chiming in never had to deal with Baron. The only fans that have enough of a sample size to give strong opinions on the details are Warriors, Hornets or Clippers fans. If you followed those teams closely enough obviously you qualify.

I just think too many people see his talent and not the shady things like ALWAYS showing up to training camp very out of shape and injured. People don't realize this guy has always had an excuse for everything. He never says 'It's my fault I'm out of shape and unmotivated". Nope. It's always "I'm finally in a good situation where I can play my game" etc.
    Well I'm a former Hornets fan who was born and raised in NC, so I've "had to deal with him." I even had his jersey because for a brief period he was my favorite player and we share a last name.

So I guess that theory doesn't work.

3-time NBA All-Star

. Griffin and Gordon were a top 5 duo in terms of productivity. It's not being a homer to say they were almost on par to Melo+Amare. Most ranked Griffin higher than Amare and Melo by season end and Griffin+Gordon meshed a lot better. They were the best inside/out combo in the game along with Kobe/Gasol.
    yeah two guys who hasnt sniffed the playoffs are better. Such an idiot.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Who cares?were getting him for vet min. Youre just envious dude that you overpaid a position that is not so needed. A position that hasnt won since isisah. A 5 apg rondo can get it done while you guys paid max and eric gordon for him.
    It was a no brainer for Knicks. Knicks would be stupid NOT to go after Baron for so cheap. I'm not criticizing the Knicks decision to get him. I'm criticizing Baron Davis acting like this is the first decent situation of his career and it's somehow different. He's been on 4 teams and underachieved on 2 of them so far and soon probably the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Be skeptical. However, making a thread that claims he's making excuses is a bit whack.
    Why is it wack? HE IS making excuses. He's making claims like "For the first time in my career I can just go out there and be a point guard". As if to say other teams had too much expectations, didn't give him a chance etc. What if he said "I came into camp out of shape and making excuses every year of my career"? That would be him taking responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Well I'm a former Hornets fan who was born and raised in NC, so I've "had to deal with him." I even had his jersey because for a brief period he was my favorite player and we share a last name.

So I guess that theory doesn't work.
    Then my comment wasn't directed at you. I'm saying the people chiming in Baron without realizing how polarizing/flawed he truly is.

yeah two guys who hasnt sniffed the playoffs are better. Such an idiot.
    41 wins in the east isn't far off 32 wins in the west. If the Clippers had a healthy Gordon and Kaman no question they win more than the 41 games the Knicks won. What's more important is the Knicks BARELY made the playoffs despite two all stars, solid health all year AND being in the east. Hardly anything to write home about.

I honestly think the Knicks will be fine and think Baron off amnesty was good idea. I just don't like Knicks fans trolling the Clippers. Hell a few months ago ISH had a poll on which franchise has been worse/underachieved more the last decade and Knicks were voted the worse of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Ah the classic "we just got this player so now I am going to pretend everything is going to be okay".

Have fun w that once Baron starts playing... (or doesn't...)
    i don't think he will be great. i think he may be injured actually. but i don't think he'll have an attitude problem because he hated the LA Clippers pre Griffin. EVERYONE hated them. Their fans hated them. give me a break.

3-time NBA All-Star

You're not listening. I said peak Clippers of last year. When they were playing well for about two months and were the 2nd ranked defense in the span and 10th ranked offense. When we went 12-4 in a stretch and beat multiple elite teams and won 9 straight at home. If you're talking about over the course of his career here... of course the Clippers were worse.. but he's largely to blame for that.
    The idiot strikes again. Didnt he play well last season and then he got traded? LOL what can he do. And please this game is still about your best 3 players thats why all you need is a big 3 to win in this league. Knicks have the best 3 among the teams he played.

3-time NBA All-Star

41 wins in the east isn't far off 32 wins in the west. If the Clippers had a healthy Gordon and Kaman no question they win more than the 41 games the Knicks won. What's more important is the Knicks BARELY made the playoffs despite two all stars, solid health all year AND being in the east. Hardly anything to write home about.

I honestly think the Knicks will be fine and think Baron off amnesty was good idea. I just don't like Knicks fans trolling the Clippers. Hell a few months ago ISH had a poll on which franchise has been worse/underachieved more the last decade and Knicks were voted the worse of the two.
    yah. Coz last season was only the important one. Looks like you forgot the multiple conference finals that amare have. The same with melo. Before you compare those 2. Make the playoffs first.

The idiot strikes again. Didnt he play well last season and then he got traded? LOL what can he do. And please this game is still about your best 3 players thats why all you need is a big 3 to win in this league. Knicks have the best 3 among the teams he played.
    Lol well if it's all about big 3's than your team is screwed because you don't have one. . How long have you been a basketball fan for son? Do you not remember that the Mavs won the title last year with one superstar? Or that Kobe/Gasol led the Lakers to two straight right before that without a 3rd star? Get out of the new age, young fan crap mentality and focus on reality.

yah. Coz last season was only the important one. Looks like you forgot the multiple conference finals that amare have. The same with melo. Before you compare those 2. Make the playoffs first.
    None of which were with your team . Way to make your logic look even worse though. BTW they each have one conference finals appearance. That's in 9 seasons for Amare and 8 for Melo.

Why is it wack? HE IS making excuses. He's making claims like "For the first time in my career I can just go out there and be a point guard". As if to say other teams had too much expectations, didn't give him a chance etc. What if he said "I came into camp out of shape and making excuses every year of my career"? That would be him taking responsibility.

I'm not saying there isn't anything in your post, but you make a thread on it? He wasn't even bad in the end with the Clippers. The Clippers would have been better off last season had they kept Davis.

This guy has always been disappointing. He's always out of shape and heavy, he's always hurt, and he does end up with ridiculously low shooting percentages. I do think that Golden State team would have been great had he stayed and I do believe that the Clippers could have been great had Elton Brand stayed (and stayed healthy). Brand's move was dirty and it screwed Davis the way it happened. Understandably, he was thrown off. Of course, there comes a point where you have to show up and while he never called out Brand (and should have) he let it affect his game for almost the entirety of his Clippers career. So doubting him is cool and right, but a thread just seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I'm not saying there isn't anything in your post, but you make a thread on it? He wasn't even bad in the end with the Clippers. The Clippers would have been better off last season had they kept Davis.

This guy has always been disappointing. He's always out of shape and heavy, he's always hurt, and he does end up with ridiculously low shooting percentages. I do think that Golden State team would have been great had he stayed and I do believe that the Clippers could have been great had Elton Brand stayed (and stayed healthy). Brand's move was dirty and it screwed Davis the way it happened. Understandably, he was thrown off. Of course, there comes a point where you have to show up and while he never called out Brand (and should have) he let it affect his game for almost the entirety of his Clippers career. So doubting him is cool and right, but a thread just seems unnecessary.
    I made the thread because it involves every recent team he's been associated with. Thought it would make interesting discussion.