Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Baron Davis once again making excuses for past failures

The BD saga never ends. This dude always has excuses for his shortcomings and Knicks fans will soon see why he's one of the most polarizing players in NBA history. He claims to want to be THE man in his career and gets all star money yet mentally wants to "just be a point guard" with no expectations? MAN UP!

"For me, really this is the first time in my career where all I've got to do is come in and be a point guard. This is a team, man. It's been a while since I was on a team that's all about team, and with a coaching staff that has a commitment to team and playing the best basketball. ... It's a chance to have a clean slate and not be judged, and to have the right opportunity with the right people I believe in."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1izja4pi3

He said this type of crap when he's joined every new team after Charlotte. BTW LOL at praising the Knicks so called team mentality and a "coaching staff that has a commitment to team and playing the best basketball". Their bad coaching is exactly what's holding them back (along with defense) and it absolutely IS NOT a strength.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Default Re: Baron Davis once again making excuses for past failures

Everyone knows his shtick, which is why we are not worried. If he's healthy he'll be fine. He feeds off of the crowd energy, the belief that his team can do great things. When he was in LA, you sucked ass. I get you have a little rennasaince now, but don't become like the Cav fans where you pretend your history was freaking awesome and this is just the latest chapter. (Cav fans swore up and down their franchise was teh thing that was great, had nothing to do with Lebron).

Banned

[COLOR="Red"]negged[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Everyone knows his shtick, which is why we are not worried. If he's healthy he'll be fine. He feeds off of the crowd energy, the belief that his team can do great things. When he was in LA, you sucked ass. I get you have a little rennasaince now, but don't become like the Cav fans where you pretend your history was freaking awesome and this is just the latest chapter. (Cav fans swore up and down their franchise was teh thing that was great, had nothing to do with Lebron).
    . Huh? The Clippers had decent talent in the 2.5 years Baron was here. Reality is he always had mysterious injuries when the going got tough and talked a big game without delivering. The only time he finally showed up was last year when Griffin was dominating and the Clippers were fun to play with.

Imagine how much he's going to drag you down when the Knicks are struggling (like right now)? If you guys are expecting ANYTHING out of this guy you're going to be disappointed. The only way be becomes a valuable contributor is if the Knicks turn it around and start playing great WITHOUT him.. then he will add something.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Who the **** cares about the topic. Let's talk about your 11,000 posts in just a 1 yr span. You needa fix that bruh, that shit ain't ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Who the **** cares about the topic. Let's talk about your 11,000 posts in just a 1 yr span. You need fix that bruh, that shit ain't ordinary.
    Toodaloo motha f*ckaaaaaaaa!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

No.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Does he even have anything left? He's a 32 year old PG whose game was built on athleticism. What makes Knicks fans optimistic about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    . Huh? The Clippers had decent talent in the 2.5 years Baron was here. Reality is he always had mysterious injuries when the going got tough and talked a big game without delivering. The only time he finally showed up was last year when Griffin was dominating and the Clippers were fun to play with.

Imagine how much he's going to drag you down when the Knicks are struggling (like right now)? If you guys are expecting ANYTHING out of this guy you're going to be disappointed. The only way be becomes a valuable contributor is if the Knicks turn it around and start playing great WITHOUT him.. then he will add something.
    He looks super happy now. Looking at his history and saying this current situation is one that will make him unhappy doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He looks super happy now. Looking at his history and saying this current situation is one that will make him unhappy doesn't make any sense to me.
    It's not the Knicks fault/problem dude. It's BARON DAVIS. This is exactly the problem. If you've followed his career since he was on the Hornets you'll see he always blames everybody but himself for his short comings. When he went to the Clippers he was supposedly happy as can be because it was his home town, he is super popular in LA and he couldn't wait to delve into movies in the offseason etc.

If the Knicks don't like what he does and cut him.... he's going to make another excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    No.
    Ahahahaha....... fauk you. Quid pro quo douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Ahahahaha....... fauk you. Quid pro quo douchebag.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecgpjKfZ-Q

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

I get it you don't like Baron Davis, but whats the point of this thread? He didn't say anything in that excerpt that is not to be expected.

Is there a single person here who disagrees that this most talented squad he's ever been on?

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I get it you don't like Baron Davis, but whats the point of this thread? He didn't say anything in that excerpt that is not to be expected.

Is there a single person here who disagrees that this most talented squad he's ever been on?
    I do. Even if he plays well it's a team with 4 good players, 2 all stars. The Clippers had a nearly equal duo in Griffin+Gordon and more depth. Warriors didn't have another star but were loaded with weapons and depth. I think peak Clippers last year and Warriors in 07 would both murder the Knicks in a series.

Not to mention the Hornets with Jamal Mashburn, Derrick Coleman, Elden Cambell and Jamaal Magloire were a better all around squad he was on. So honestly the only team that was worse than the Knicks the whole way through was the Cavs and he was only there for a few months.

The early 00's Hornets were very formidable and an extremely popular squad that everybody knew was dangerous.