Default Home from 1 month vacation in China

Was sick most of the time, visited Beijing for about a week(wasn't rly worth it other than the wall), stayed 2 weeks in Guangzhou to visit family. Ask me anything.

Default Re: Home from 1 month vacation in China

I'd just generally like to know how it was...what kind of impression has China and the people of China left on you after a 1 month stay? Best/Worst parts of the trip and why?

I've never been to Asia but would love to visit one day...although I can't say it's on my list of "places to go" in the near future (would rather go back to Bosnia, been 6 years now...or a Caribbean island again).

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    I'd just generally like to know how it was...what kind of impression has China and the people of China left on you after a 1 month stay? Best/Worst parts of the trip and why?

I've never been to Asia but would love to visit one day...although I can't say it's on my list of "places to go" in the near future (would rather go back to Bosnia, been 6 years now...or a Caribbean island again).
    Sure. Everyone(including 90% of my family on my mom's side) is loud as shit. People in Guangzhou are like NYC, everything is fast-paced and people are mostly bad mannered also it smelled like shit half the time. I would say the closer you are to Beijing, the more "Communist" or "Nationalist" it would get while places like Guangzhou are much more tame since there's a cultural difference due to distance. People try to make a living everywhere, you'll see small shops lined up for basically the entire city.

I visited Beijing first, everyone there spoke Mandarin so I didn't understand anything since I grew up state side we mostly learn Cantonese. Got to see stuff like Mao's Memorial, Tiananmen Square, and the Great Wall. Only thing that was worth was the Wall imo, and even then it was so many fking tourists I couldn't rly walk that much. Best parts of the trip was the shopping(got some nice Anta clothes since Klay is huge over there now), ziplining across a mountain, visiting Bruce Lee's old house, and visiting a city where some hot springs were. My Grandpa was a painter who did work for a hotel before he passed away so I got to stay in the penthouse since he has an exhibit there(I even saw myself in a picture he took from 20 years ago lol).

Worst parts were that I got sick half the trip(had a bladder infection first week), shitty weather, too many people, mosquito bites up the ass, and everyone was complaining and in a bad mood most of the time. Oh and the squat toilets, never once used those because I thought I would miss my shit

I would visit Thailand or Japan first tbh, China is growing but you could easily walk from a well-off community to 3rd world poverty within a couple of blocks. Also using a VPN for internet was a fking bitch half the time because of the censorship. I wanted to visit Hong Kong, but they're rioting atm so go figure

How many black people did you see?

Everyone always gets sick their first go around in China, especially mud butt

Gotta take those super immuno shots before you go brodi. Parasites, bacteria and pollution are cranked up 1000% there

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    How many black people did you see?
    Maybe like 7 or 8 the entire time, they have their own district apparently but I didn't go there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Everyone always gets sick their first go around in China, especially mud butt

Gotta take those super immuno shots before you go brodi. Parasites, bacteria and pollution are cranked up 1000% there
    Dude I never had any issues with my bladder before, then I suddenly thought I was having kidney stones it's fking nuts. It's not uncommon to see locals wearing masks over their noses/mouths, people who handle food and work in pharmacies/hospitals all wear masks too even if they're not operating on someone.

Try Shanghai first if you are going to mainland China for the first time. It feels more like HK than Beijing. It's much more western friendly and metropolitan. Probably the least communist feeling major Chinese city outside of HK and Taipei (if you consider Taiwan Chinese). It's also not as polluted. Beijing is smoggy as fvck.