Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Mavs fan here-why I hate the Rondo trade and why it is terrible

Rondo is washed up.

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

We gave up two BUMS in Wright and Crowder...a decent PG in Jameer....and two draft picks we would have ruined anyway. No doubt we would have drafted two bums

All of this for a superstar. Two people on the bench and Jameer Nelson.

And people are bitching about it. Y'all are letting B Wright's flashy easy lob dunks cloud your judgment. He plays no D, is too thin to guard ANYONE in the post, and sucks at rebounding. Hell, Rondo is 10x the rebounder that B Wright is.

We really have the dumbest fans in the NBA man smh

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=38

You called Jonas Valanciunas a better player than Cousins.

This forum is littered with copious amounts of your stupid opinions and posts. Most of them racist, or if not, stupid.

Another one of your brilliant posts in the same thread right after calling Jonas the better player.

Any player that seems to have a slightly higher melanin count doesn't seem to be as good a player in your book.

Dem factual proofs yup...dem factual doe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817
    We gave up two BUMS in Wright and Crowder...a decent PG in Jameer....and two draft picks we would have ruined anyway. No doubt we would have drafted two bums

And people are bitching about it. Y'all are letting B Wright's flashy easy lob dunks cloud your judgment. He plays no D, is too thin to guard ANYONE in the post, and sucks at rebounding. Hell, Rondo is 10x the rebounder that B Wright is.

Superstar? Rondo is an average PG in today's NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Yeah you.

I'm probably moving to Launceston next year. How did you get into the NBA?
    No kidding? That's where I'm based in, though I travel a bit for university. I knew a little bit about it as a kid and growing up in the nineties and the Jordan era, but didn't get into the NBA properly until I played a game or two with some friends and enjoying it enough to want to play more (I was getting sick of the long hours standing in the sun with cricket). Quickly fell in love with both playing and watching, soaked up as much as I could online and through Foxtel, now I'm getting my dose through Ballstreams and playing in a social league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    No kidding? That's where I'm based in, though I travel a bit for university. I knew a little bit about it as a kid and growing up in the nineties and the Jordan era, but didn't get into the NBA properly until I played a game or two with some friends and enjoying it enough to want to play more (I was getting sick of the long hours standing in the sun with cricket). Quickly fell in love with both playing and watching, soaked up as much as I could online and through Foxtel, now I'm getting my dose through Ballstreams and playing in a social league.
    Hell yes, it's a beautiful city in the only most beautiful Australian state there is.

The only negative is it's hard to catch the games when I am at work. I have to hope the playoffs games are the early morning starts.

Are there many leagues in Tasmania?

Hell yes, it's a beautiful city in the only most beautiful Australian state there is.

The only negative is it's hard to catch the games when I am at work. I have to hope the playoffs games are the early morning starts.

Are there many leagues in Tasmania?
    Yeah games being on in the day is a real pain, thankfully though there are plenty of 'em. The big games being Western Conferences ones kill the early morning situation though haha.

The good news is if you want to play Launceston is pretty good, there's quite a few social and more serious leagues to join depending on your skill level and interest, especially compared to Hobart. Just depends what you're after really.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Shit I mean 6-7 buckets.
    ... He only averages 8 PPG I think you're overrating his value.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kenny817

IMO with the way Dallas drafts players they gave up nothing of value in this trade. However, is rondo the best fit with this Dallas team? Who knows. Maybe he will take away shots from Monta but maybe he ends up having great chemistry with everyone on the team and elevates them to a whole new level. And we've all seen what Rondo can do in the playoffs. Also Rondos lack of shooting won't hurt Dallas as much as it would hurt other teams because they have the greatest stretch 4 of all time in Dirk. I just hope that Rondo being on the floor doesn't force Monta to take more 3s because that's exactly what he shouldn't be doing. Personally if I were the coach and gm I wouldn't have traded for player that could potentially ruin the chemistry between Monta and Dirk but I trust Rick Carlisle to make it work.

Rondo P&R with Chandler or P&P with Dirk will be deadly. Ellis and Rondo may not be the peak speed demons they once were, but they are still extremely fast. Their fast breaks between the two of them will be crazy.

Ellis will have to play off ball more, but he will be given the ball at times do create for himself.

Yea Dude But Dose Triple Doubles Though Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Wright was scorin 20-24 points a night
    He hasn't had a single 20 point game this season

If Rondo is healthy, I think it's a good move.

His stock has fallen so much the past few years, but he's barely been on the court and even when he did play, his team wasn't trying to win anything.

We may see a rejuvenated Rondo now that he's in games that matter.

Also his midrange J has actually been really good. It's 3's he can't shoot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Here's the main issue-he's taking the ball out of Monta's hands. Monta is having an MVP-caliber or slightly below MVP caliber level season and every time the ball is in his hands good things happen. I am very worried that this will affect his confidence and production.
    He is having a great season, but let's not confuse all-star caliber seasons with MVP caliber seasons here.

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

oh just shut up please (not you personally, but all self hating mavs fans). Were the Mavs the no. 1 candidate to win it all with wright/jameer/crowder before this trade?
    And, what is the worst thing that could happen? that we suck again and end up around 6-10th in west have yet another late 1st pick for next year? This is the Mavs story for the last 15 years (- 2011), it is not a new experience.

I see the trade like this: Rondo is better than Jameer and Felton, Mavs have time to sign a big bench warmer, I trust that Carlisle has a positive impact on players, and if everything goes wrong, at least our loses will be highly entertaining.

So just calm down and enjoy the ride