Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That's what I was asking. Wynn didn't make it . I knew I should have redone that conversation with the entrapped templar before I went in the harrowing and cleared that boss. Maybe I'll give Morrigan some healing. Right now she's all crowd control and AoE electricity/cold.
    Yeah, well, what can you do? Just make different save files so that you can go back if you want, but the decisions you make are part of the draw of these types of games. I missed out on the blood mage specialization because I killed those ****ers you get it from. Next time, next time.

Isn't that how KOTOR2 ends? The old lady turns on you? Speaking of which, Dragon Age is getting me super hype for The Old Republic.
    ***SPOILER WARNING***

Yeah, it turns out that she had been a Sith Lord the whole time she was with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Yeah, well, what can you do? Just make different save files so that you can go back if you want, but the decisions you make are part of the draw of these types of games. I missed out on the blood mage specialization because I killed those ****ers you get it from. Next time, next time.
    There's a book in the Mage tower you can learn it from. Although I did it via the Desire demon in the fade so I'm not sure how it works. Check and see if you have it on you. I think it initiates a quest or something. Once you do it on one character it will be available from the start in a new one.

It's too late me for now, all my characters already have two specializations. And I killed that possessed kid, so I missed that opportunity as well.

You can read the book, and open it up so that it can be used as soon as you hit level 7 if you create a new alt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I'm 90 hours in. Still got a ways to go, too. Was looking forward to how it was all going to play out, not so much now thanks to Mr. d0uchebag.
    Gotdamn, I'm less than 10 hours in, sh*ts gonna take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Gotdamn, I'm less than 10 hours in, sh*ts gonna take forever.
    Well, to be fair, I'm very thorough.

Yeah, it shouldn't take 90 hours. I think I'm about halfway through at 25-35 hours.

I've also done the downloadable quests, which adds to my play time.

Yeah, it shouldn't take 90 hours. I think I'm about halfway through at 25-35 hours.
    I think most people tend to finish in <60 hours. But I've seen people on Gamefaqs claim well over 100 hours. I always listen to all new dialog, and finish every quest available to me, no matter how insignificant. I probably could have shaved a few hours off by knowing you can hit tab and highlight everything interactable, or not going back to camp any time I found a new rune, superior to what I had equipped, etc.

Anyway, I love games like this. It's always kinda bittersweet when they end.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

[QUOTE=ShannonElements]I think most people tend to finish in <60 hours. But I've seen people on Gamefaqs claim well over 100 hours. I always listen to all new dialog, and finish every quest available to me, no matter how insignificant. I probably could have shaved a few hours off by knowing you can hit tab and highlight everything interactable, or not going back to camp any time I found a new rune, superior to what I had equipped, etc.

Anyway, I love games like this. It's always kinda bittersweet when they end.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the kind of game you can play multiple times with different characters. You could be a bad ass or a hero etc.

Next time I think I might be a Rogue/Bard if possible and have unlocking ability. I miss a ton of chests because I can't open them and Lilian is too weak to have in my part.

Then you're doing something wrong. Put her points into cunning and give her the master lockpicking(I can't remember what it's called exactly) ability. She's a mainstay in my party and can open everything that can possibly be opened.

But if you're saying Leliana is too weak physically(I honestly can't tell), set her as an archer and keep her "ranged" via the combat tactics menu. Set other characters to attack anyone attacking her, or have your mage(s) cast a protective spell over her, put points into her constitution, etc.
    Last edited by ShannonElements; 12-01-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Is the loot in the locked chests any better than the unlocked?

Usually, but sometimes it's disappointing.

Maybe I'll train up that elf rogue assassin and get him into picking. I had him in my party earlier but we were getting beasted.