Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Swap Wade & Kobe in '09 & '10

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    09' Hawks defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
    10' Suns and 09' Nuggets defense

No, really, its not even close. Kobe had 17 pts and 10 pts in 2 games against them in 09.
    Oh please. The Hawks got absolutely destroyed in the second round by the Cavs. I'm talking four straight losses by 27, 20, 15, and 10. I remember watching that series. They didn't even look like an NBA team at times. They were pathetic.

I don't care how much you want to twist reality ,the '09 Hawks were simply not a good team. After having the season that he had, it was inexcusable for Wade to lose that series... especially in the fashion that he lost.

With a chance to go up 3-1, Wade goes 9-26 for 22 points at home en route to a 10 point loss. In game 7, he went 10-25 for 31 points with as many turnovers as assists. He was outplayed by Joe Johnson.

No way do I have faith in him beating the Nuggets w/ the '09 Laker team. No way.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Oh please. The Hawks got absolutely destroyed in the second round by the Cavs. I'm talking four straight losses by 27, 20, 15, and 10. I remember watching that series. They didn't even look like an NBA team at times. They were pathetic.

I don't care how much you want to twist reality ,the '09 Hawks were simply not a good team. After having the season that he had, it was inexcusable for Wade to lose that series... especially in the fashion that he lost.

With a chance to go up 3-1, Wade goes 9-26 for 22 points at home en route to a 10 point loss. In game 7, he went 10-25 for 31 points with as many turnovers as assists. He was outplayed by Joe Johnson.

No way do I have faith in him beating the Nuggets w/ the '09 Laker team. No way.
    Well of course you dont have. You are the Kobe fan for gods sake.
    You are going around those facts that Kobe got humiliated by that same defense back in 09 where he shot <30% FG and scored about 13 ppg. How weak is that? Hawks perimeter defense is what made them so tough for players like Wade and Kobe. But they were not able to do anything to Lebron because he is so much more phisical and is playing more in the paint+ his vision and 3pt shooters in Cleveland = destroying of Hawks. But you cant understand that, because you are Kobe fan.

Wade put up 33 pts on 55%FG against those same Nuggets from 09 you retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He was an absolute monster in the regular season. No one was disputing that.

I just want to know where was that in the playoffs?

I know for a fact that when Lebron, Kobe, Durant as of recently put huge numbers in the regular season and underperform in the playoffs, they get TORN TO SHREDS. Durant put up ****ing 33/10/5/1/1 on 61% TS against the Clippers with 39/16/5 in the closeout game...and people still clowned him hard for that series because of some stupid meme about Paul guarding him.

Why the double standard for CP3 here? Are we not talking about playoffs here?

The funniest thing is that if Kobe in 2009 put up a 4 point game in a 58 point loss, a 14 point game in a 15 point loss, a 21 point game (37% FG) in a 29 point less...all in the same series....and not just that but in the first round, you would be one of the first if not THE first guy to spam this board and rip him apart.

Once again, I find it amusing how you don't see how thoroughly transparent your agenda is.

No, we're not talking about the Playoffs here.... Why would we?

This guy balled out over 82 games, and you want to use a FIVE GAME SAMPLE, in a 1st round series he lost, in which he was the heavy Underdog without HCA?

What for? The only reason you'd want to do that, is if you truly believe CP3 folded, and therefore he wouldn't be able to pull off another good series on another good Team....

Which is why I give you Kobe 2010 as example. Crap 1st round, but a good Team and gets past it.... From then on he had 2 good series', one of them ATG good...

You need to use some logic here. What happened =/= What would happen on a stacked Team that will Play more than 1 round...

This isn't a Superstar ****ing up in a series with HCA and where he was favored to win... This is a 5-game sample of a series as Underdog.

I don't know, you tell me what would happen with CP3 on the Lakers...

They definitely won't need to go 7 against the Rockets, but then you expect him to put up those SAME numbers in the WCF? Now that he has a Team that won't get blown out most games?

And BTW, Kobe didn't put any clamps on anyone... lmfao.

Heavincent: The West from 2012-2014 is MILES stronger than the 2008-2010 West... Uncomparable.

Now give CP3 this current Team in 2008-2010? Lights out... Nobody has a Chance.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Yawn...

In related news, do the Chicago Bulls from 1996 to 1998 win multiple championships with either a prime Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade?

Does Chris Paul have multiple championships playing with the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys of the late 80s and early 90s in place of Isiah Thomas?

What happens if Magic Johnson and Larry Bird switch teams, do each of the superstars still win at least three championships apiece?

Does Kobe Bryant win more than two championships playing alongside of LeBron James in Miami?

Do the Lakers in the 1980s still win championships with Hakeem as their starting center instead of KAJ? Are those great Boston Celtic teams of the 1960s still a dynasty with Wilt instead of Bill Russell?

But I love these agenda driven threads to discredit certain players that are unpopular in this forum.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 10-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Wade was at his peak in those years.. 3rd best shooting guard ever.. If course he'd have a good chance at two peating

If you put their career paths on the same track though it'd be a different story because 09 Kobe would be like.. 2014 Wade and that guy wasn't winning anything with those teams
    Last edited by tpols; 10-23-2014 at 01:44 PM.

CP3 got completely decimated by Dahntay Jones in 09 and was injured in 2010. At least Wade has made it past the 2nd round and performed well at some point in his career - why am I to assume CP3 can deliver the incredible performances needed in the WCF?

My only question with Wade is his durability. It seems almost every year besides 06 he's dealt with some injury. In 2009 he was already getting back spasms in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    No, we're not talking about the Playoffs here.... Why would we?

This guy balled out over 82 games, and you want to use a FIVE GAME SAMPLE, in a 1st round series he lost, in which he was the heavy Underdog without HCA?

What for? The only reason you'd want to do that, is if you truly believe CP3 folded, and therefore he wouldn't be able to pull off another good series on another good Team....

Which is why I give you Kobe 2010 as example. Crap 1st round, but a good Team and gets past it.... From then on he had 2 good series', one of them ATG good...

You need to use some logic here. What happened =/= What would happen on a stacked Team that will Play more than 1 round...

This isn't a Superstar ****ing up in a series with HCA and where he was favored to win... This is a 5-game sample of a series as Underdog.

I don't know, you tell me what would happen with CP3 on the Lakers...

They definitely won't need to go 7 against the Rockets, but then you expect him to put up those SAME numbers in the WCF? Now that he has a Team that won't get blown out most games?

And BTW, Kobe didn't put any clamps on anyone... lmfao.

Heavincent: The West from 2012-2014 is MILES stronger than the 2008-2010 West... Uncomparable.

Now give CP3 this current Team in 2008-2010? Lights out... Nobody has a Chance.
    You obviously didn't watch that OKC series then...Kobe did put the clamps on Westbrook. Go back and watch. Like I said, it was arguably the biggest factor in the series. Your argument is shit.

The west was still lethal back then. Kobe was facing a 50 win Thunder team in the FIRST round. 11 of the 12 teams he faced between 08 and 10 won 50 or more games.

Again, you know one of the reasons why the Lakers were so much better than the Hornets? Kobe was straight up better than Chris Paul. Are you seriously denying that? Paul was obviously great, but he's not Kobe. Put him on the Lakers and I don't think the Lakers even make the Finals. I think they lose to the Nuggets in 09 and to the Suns in 2010. Kobe had to be utterly dominant for the Lakers to squeak past those teams. Could Chris Paul replicate that type of dominance? I've never seen him do something like that in the playoffs, so I'm gonna say no.

It's extremely flawed logic to point to Wade's playoff performance against the Hawks and assume it would translate equally under different circumstances. I don't feel I need to explain why.

I'm a fan of Kobe and I acknowledge how great he was during the 2009 and 2010 championship runs. However, there's no shame in admitting that arguably the 3rd best SG of all time at his peak would have similar success under similar circumstances. That in no way diminshes what Kobe accomplished.

On a side note, 1,000th post.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    My only question with Wade is his durability. It seems almost every year besides 06 he's dealt with some injury. In 2009 he was already getting back spasms in the first round.
    Yeah, and he would be playing in a much tougher West. No first round byes like you get in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Yawn...

In related news, do the Chicago Bulls from 1996 to 1998 win multiple championships with either a prime Kobe Bryant or Dwyane Wade?

Does Chris Paul have multiple championships playing with the Detroit Pistons Bad Boys of the late 80s and early 90s in place of Isiah Thomas?

What happens if Magic Johnson and Larry Bird switch teams, do each of the superstars still win at least three championships apiece?

Does Kobe Bryant win more than two championships playing alongside of LeBron James in Miami?

Do the Lakers in the 1980s still win championships with Hakeem as their starting center instead of KAJ? Are those great Boston Celtic teams of the 1960s still a dynasty with Wilt instead of Bill Russell?

But I love these agenda driven threads to discredit certain players that are unpopular in this forum.
    If his dad had just pulled out, would ISH be spared reading posts from this whiny f@ggot?

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Well of course you dont have. You are the Kobe fan for gods sake.
    You are going around those facts that Kobe got humiliated by that same defense back in 09 where he shot <30% FG and scored about 13 ppg. How weak is that? Hawks perimeter defense is what made them so tough for players like Wade and Kobe. But they were not able to do anything to Lebron because he is so much more phisical and is playing more in the paint+ his vision and 3pt shooters in Cleveland = destroying of Hawks. But you cant understand that, because you are Kobe fan.

Wade put up 33 pts on 55%FG against those same Nuggets from 09 you retard.
    Humiliated? You're basing this on a two game sample size, one of the games in which the Lakers blew the Hawks out and Kobe only played 25 minutes. The other was the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Lakers (all on the road) where the team as a whole shot 35% and only scored 76 points... fatigue obviously had more to do with the loss than anything.

Meanwhile, Wade's stellar performances against the '09 Nuggets led to two double digit losses including a 17 point romping at home. Context, son. It matters.

Decent college freshman

I don't think people remember how close the WCFs were both years. Sorry, but I don't have faith in Wade putting up 34/6/6 and 34/7/6 against the '09 Nuggets and '10 Suns respectively.

Especially when he only put up 29/5/5 on 44% against the lowly Hawks in '09. And remember, Kobe had a godlike jump shooting performance against the Suns in '10. Obviously the team would operate differently with Wade, but I don't think he has the offensive firepower to keep up with the Suns like Kobe did.
    Wade put up 32/5/3 on 53% shooting vs the '09 Nuggets & he put up 28/9/8 on 42% vs the 2010 Suns. With a much better team around him he could've won vs those Teams. Plus the '10 Suns are still nowhere close to the Defensive Team the '09 Hawks were.

Meanwhile, Wade's stellar performances against the '09 Nuggets led to two double digit losses including a 17 point romping at home. Context, son. It matters.
    The 17 Point "Romping" was a close Game until the last 4 Minutes. Billups hit 2 Contested 3s and 1 off Balance 3 to seal the Game away but yeah "romping" & "context"

Decent college freshman

To answer the original question I would say Yes Wade wins with the '09-10 Lakers. My concerns would come from the 2009 Rockets & 2010 Thunder who he struggled against. 26/4/7 shooting 37% vs the '09 Rockets & 23/5/7 with 39% shooting vs the '10 Thunder.

Kobe on Heat:
    Miss playoffs (narrowly) in '09
    First-round exit in '10

Wade on Lakers:
    '09 loses in 7 vs Rockets in 2nd round
    '10 1st round upset, Thunder in 7

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    Kobe on Heat:
    Miss playoffs (narrowly) in '09
    First-round exit in '10

Wade on Lakers:
    '09 loses in 7 vs Rockets in 2nd round
    '10 1st round upset, Thunder in 7
    In 2010 Kobe put up 24/4/4 shooting 41% vs the Thunder and they won. I know his Defense on Westbrook was key but I could still see Wade containing Westbrook.