Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: wayne gretzky vs michael jordan vs tiger woods vs babe ruth( vs ali?)

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    How can you say that it's not relevant the number of people that watch a sport, then turn around and say you don't care about achievements in Squash or Cricket? You can't logically say that Gretzsky is the best and then disqualify Bradman because you don't like Cricket.

Ice hockey isn't even played in every state IN the US.
    I never did. I was using your own logic of dismissing hockey.

I guess Bradman could be seen as a right answer. I'm not disputing that. Never was.

Default Re: wayne gretzky vs michael jordan vs tiger woods vs babe ruth( vs ali?)

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    I never did. I was using your own logic of dismissing hockey.

I guess Bradman could be seen as a right answer. I'm not disputing that. Never was.

Sorry, I'm just bitter from arguments with friends who talk MAD shit about basketball players and say how they are pansies and unimpressive athletes, and even football players are pansies compared to Ice Hockey players, who are the Real True Men of athletics. I might be personally biased on this subject

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Then why is the best most competitive professional Hockey league located in the states and Canada?
    America has the best horse racing and Arena Football leagues too

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Cena isn't respected by the elite wrestling community...

He has more "hart" than Hart? I'm gonna give you a pass on this one because it's obvious you aren't read up on your history..

Bret Hart witnessed his brother die and still came out an hour later and put on the goddamn match of a lifetime, with a run time of 24:43 and 18 special grapples it's easily a top 5 match all time.

Cena's greatest match?

Probably some crap where he was carried by a superior athlete.

At the end of the day Cena has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to win match convincingly, also his move set is so limited it's quite pathetic. He is beloved by little kids and women which brings in money so that's why he gets so many main events but his talent just isn't there.

CM Punk should be carrying wrestling right now, not John Cena but Vince made a huge mistake...

Cm Punk stats:

19:21 avg match time
    7.4 special grapples/match
    only 2 men have kicked out of his finisher

those are elite numbers dude
    Dude actually wrestled after seeing his brother die?

Sorry, I'm just bitter from arguments with friends who talk MAD shit about basketball players and say how they are pansies and unimpressive athletes, and even football players are pansies compared to Ice Hockey players, who are the Real True Men of athletics. So I overreacted a bit and let personal bias get in the way of things here.
    Those hockey nuts need to be taken out back and shot in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    who is the most dominant/impactful athlete in their respective sport.

most to least or least to most

GO!!!

The #1 answer to this question is Bobby Orr. #2 is probably Pele.

Dude actually wrestled after seeing his brother die?
    His brother Owen Hart was also a wrestler and died during his entrance at an event...

Vince McMahon, Bret Harts boss told him to either get out there and wrestle or he would void his contract and would never compete for his company again..

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

The Rock

His brother Owen Hart was also a wrestler and died during his entrance at an event...

Vince McMahon, Bret Harts boss told him to either get out there and wrestle or he would void his contract and would never compete for his company again..
    I know about that but not the Vince shit. Vince is an unrelenting piece of trash.

Those hockey nuts need to be taken out back and shot in the head.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who has encountered them. For the record, I do realize Gretzky's level of dominance is unreal. I still think Ali and Jordan had more impact on global culture though.

babe ruth didnt play against blacks. his stats dont mean shit
    and gretzky did?

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has encountered them. For the record, I do realize Gretzky's level of dominance is unreal. I still think Ali and Jordan had more impact on global culture though.
    Fair enough. I'm not sure anyone would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    and gretzky did?
    Not the same thing you assclown, blacks don't like playing hockey. It's not like Hockey doesn't allow blacks...

Black pitchers would have rocked that fat fvcks world... he played against the same guys that Wilt Chamberlain dropped 100 on.. basically dudes who played sports as a past time... in the morning they were plumbers, they came home in the afternoon and either pitched or played basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Dude is lying. Bret Hart was in WCW when that shit happened.