Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: "No rebounds, no rings." - Pat Riley

The Heat have not lost since the emergence of Birdman. Just saying. The guy was an epic stair climber in Denver.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    NBA rule changes have all but eliminated the need for quality bigmen. The day they created a rule making it illegal to post up for 5 seconds, I knew the game had changed forever. It's sad really.
    Is it? Why? I've never much cared for bigs or the effect they have on the game, and genuinely think the game is better off moving away from them.

Maybe a fair question if they weren't defending champions..

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    Is it? Why? I've never much cared for bigs or the effect they have on the game, and genuinely think the game is better off moving away from them.

I guess it's personal preference. I was raised on 90's basketball, when the sport was filled with quality post players, and teams played a far more balanced brand of basketball. I also believe that Basketball should have less rules, not more. Let teams decide how they want to play, as opposed to forcing teams to play a specific style of basketball to have success.

A rule that doesn't allow a player to post up for 5 seconds is completely ridiculous in my opinion. There is a 24 second shot clock, and teams should be able to do whatever they want with it.

NBA rule changes have all but eliminated the need for quality bigmen. The day they created a rule making it illegal to post up for 5 seconds, I knew the game had changed forever. It's sad really.

They don't need to rebound when their scoring efficiency is so high, unlike the Lakers with Kobrick and having his team to rebound his Koclonks.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Last season.
    /thread.

Local High School Star

The 30th in rebounding statistic is misleading. Their differential is only -1.7(ranked 22nd). They actually out rebound opposing teams on the defensive glass, and they hold opposing teams to the 6th lowest total rebounds in the league.

It's a mixture of a extremely efficient offense and a defense that creates a lot of turnovers and holds opponents to poor shooting percentages. Their low pace of play is also a big factor skewing the numbers. The truth is, they are more middle of the road as a rebounding team than dead last.
    Last edited by comerb; 03-18-2013 at 03:56 AM.

They often compensate by not turning it over more than the opposition, shooting better, shooting and making more 3s, and of course defending amongst the best in the league

Local High School Star

I guess it's personal preference. I was raised on 90's basketball, when the sport was filled with quality post players, and teams played a far more balanced brand of basketball. I also believe that Basketball should have less rules, not more. Let teams decide how they want to play, as opposed to forcing teams to play a specific style of basketball to have success.

A rule that doesn't allow a player to post up for 5 seconds is completely ridiculous in my opinion. There is a 24 second shot clock, and teams should be able to do whatever they want with it.
    I was too, I just didn't care for it. I think rules are good when they eliminate things like Chuck or Shaq using their assets to back a guy all the way under their own rims. That wasn't fun to watch. i did like watching Hakeem, and I think a post player like him still has a place in this league.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

True

High School Varsity 6th Man

Also what killed Mark Jackson's career not being able to post up starting from his own backcourt for half the possession.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    The Heat have not lost since the emergence of Birdman. Just saying. The guy was an epic stair climber in Denver.
    Stfu

22 game win streak and defending champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    for the heat it goes: "No refs, no rings."
    "No Chuckbe, no losses"

2-0