Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Exclamation Michael Jordan EXPOSED his worst NBA Finals game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ7XJDTBouc

As requested: MJ vs Sonics game 6 Finals one of MJ's worst performances ever

But guess what?

Aside from perhaps a few rushed shots, there isn't much to criticize him on. It was just a bad shooting game. He got the shots he wanted, got good looks on almost everything he just missed.

That's not an excuse, the video will show him simply missing shots. The defense did a great job at being physical and ball denial, getting him out of position and making him work extremely hard on both ends. But he still got good shots, shots he usually makes.

He was constantly doubled, grabbed, pushed, the lanes were almost always congested so his drives were minimized. Yet he drove when he could and either drew a foul or dished it.

His footwork is impeccable, moving and weaving with and without the ball, setting up defenders to get open, losing defenders and double teams with the ball.

He was constantly moving without the ball, ALWAYS moving without it. Not sure how he got the energy to move so much specially with all the grabbing and physical play he was constantly active, constantly fighting for position, rebound, or setting up the plays. Regarding that, one could see him pointing and telling people where and when to go, pointing at them to get the ball moving, moving himself in positions to facilitate the play. If a play broke down he made sure he improvised and made something happened, if his teammate got doubled, he moved outta the way to detract defensive attention from him and possibly free him up.

I just wish the vid was in better quality, couldn't find a better version.

Making this video was tiring because MJ kept moving so keeping the spotlight on him took a while to do. Bron just sorta stood there so it was simple to edit.

Another thing some might notice, MJ didn't really have control of the ball. But when he did something positive usually happened. He didn't take long to read the defense and react, a few dribbles and bam, the ball is moving as the defense runs around. He usually passed it to the right person at the right time (except for 2 bad passes), I should do a vid on him playing PG and ball dominant to see exactly how he played like Bron or most of today's players.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Michael Jordan EXPOSED his worst NBA Finals game

First time I saw him sluggish, slow and mentally drained in that great six year playoff run. That or he looked like he had sex shortly before the game. Still was disciplined and active. A rare moment in time indeed - He and KG really got up for 99% of their games. I'm sure MJ had other sluggish games, I just didn't see them.

I suppose a feeble mind would never understand that Mj and Lebron are 2 completely different players and trying to compare their plays and decision making Is pretty much a waste of time. Mj was a quicker decision maker than pretty much anyone who's played. Him and dream were the quickest reaction players I can say I've watched. Their games were pretty instinct based.

That said Lebron does take his time to develop what's going to happen, for 2 reasons:

1) he's not a score 1st mentality player majority of the time he plays. He can slip into it when needed as we've seen.
    2) old school fans continue to gloss over the fact that simpler defensive coverage makes it possible to make quick decisions when you're likely to only get a few different looks. In the modern game guys get way more varied looks from the defense. So scanning makes more sense in an era of more possible setups on a given play.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I suppose a feeble mind would never understand that Mj and Lebron are 2 completely different players and trying to compare their plays and decision making Is pretty much a waste of time. Mj was a quicker decision maker than pretty much anyone who's played. Him and dream were the quickest reaction players I can say I've watched. Their games were pretty instinct based.

That said Lebron does take his time to develop what's going to happen, for 2 reasons:

1) he's not a score 1st mentality player majority of the time he plays. He can slip into it when needed as we've seen.
    2) old school fans continue to gloss over the fact that simpler defensive coverage makes it possible to make quick decisions when you're likely to only get a few different looks. In the modern game guys get way more varied looks from the defense. So scanning makes more sense in an era of more possible setups on a given play.
    I would put Bird and Magic in that category as well.

Andgar, think you can do the 2011 finals at some point?

I liked both video . But you should call those more like "detailed looks on their game " . Exposed,overrated etc . too much overreaction .

Nice vids to see differentials of off ball playing between Jordan and Lebron .

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    First time I saw him sluggish, slow and mentally drained in that great six year playoff run. That or he looked like he had sex shortly before the game. Still was disciplined and active. A rare moment in time indeed - He and KG really got up for 99% of their games. I'm sure MJ had other sluggish games, I just didn't see them.
    Im exhausted just watching him.

I did a poor job spotlighting this video, I simply lost track of my edits. What I should've shown more is how physical they were with him. They are constantly grabbing and shoving him, even when he doesn't have the ball and is simply cutting he gets pushed as he runs through.

But that was normal back then.

Honestly, watch the Bron video and he rarely gets touched. He stands in a corner not doing much if he doesn't have the ball. When he does touch it, rarely does he get doubled, and his man plays off him giving him tons of space. The contrast in how fast they make a decision is obvious. MJ is always scanning the floor for his teammates and the defense, he catches and immediately analysis everything.

MJ is an ultra fast fiber optic cable line
    Bron is AOL

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    I liked both video . But you should call those more like "detailed looks on their game " . Exposed,overrated etc . too much overreaction .

Nice vids to see differentials of off ball playing between Jordan and Lebron .
    Click bait my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I rarely see this mentioned, but I think there was certain amount of fatigue as well, coming off his first full season run in 3 years. MJ missed alot of shots he would usually make in spite of how he was played. Despite being a year older in 97, he finished the year stronger with a great finals, and he lost some weight from 96 to 97 and was noticeably quicker( sort of like Wade this year, dropped some weight and quicker than the last few years even though he's 34).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Andgar, think you can do the 2011 finals at some point?
    I will, which game?

I don't remember them clearly. I also don't want people accusing me of cherry picking bad games to make Bron look bad.

As I mentioned in a past post, I wanted to show how today's lanes are open 24/7, I wasn't expecting to see so many flaws in his game. I even think I was kinda easy on him as I noticed other facets that I glossed over, or simply didn't have the energy to pin point them. Just how I didn't pinpoint every instance MJ got grabbed, shoved, and the amount of energy he used.

But yeah, just point me to the right direction and I'll do one when I have time.

For now it's time to do house chores (I hate days off).

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I will, which game?

I don't remember them clearly. I also don't want people accusing me of cherry picking bad games to make Bron look bad.

As I mentioned in a past post, I wanted to show how today's lanes are open 24/7, I wasn't expecting to see so many flaws in his game. I even think I was kinda easy on him as I noticed other facets that I glossed over, or simply didn't have the energy to pin point them. Just how I didn't pinpoint every instance MJ got grabbed, shoved, and the amount of energy he used.

But yeah, just point me to the right direction and I'll do one when I have time.

For now it's time to do house chores (I hate days off).
    Game 4, the game he scored 8 points

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon

1. I agree, Bron doesn't look to score first. Which is one of the reasons he takes longer to analyze the floor.

I think Bron takes longer for a few reasons.

He simply takes long... Errr... That's kinda the truth.
    The offense setups are giving him issues perhaps?

There was a few instances in which he just appears to be lost or confused. His instincts are inconsistent. At times he's one of the best ever, at times he sorta just looks lost. And this isn't in reference to my video but in general. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen from time to time, more times than I'd like to see from a top 10 player that's for sure.

2. You're wrong if you think the defenses back then were simpler. Did you watch the video? They were switching everything, shadowing and preventing ball entries, they were physical, they did everything today's defense does.

But guess what? They were allowed to camp in the lane!!!!

They were allowed to be physical, much much more physical than today.

Bron has open lanes and he doesn't take advantage, f*ck a play ATTACK!!! His defender plays off him rarely being as physical as they were back then. So that alone nulls any small advantage today's defense has and swings it back into past era's favor.

Should I expose today's weak era defense as well? How the lanes are wide open? How the physical free rules are in the perimeter player's favor and how that restricts the defense from actually playing to their capacity?

The shit that we spew isn't outta hate. It is what it is.

So even IF today's defense have different schemes, guess what? They're f*ckin playing handicapped!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Game 4, the game he scored 8 points
    Muchas gracias

Do cuckry next

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I rarely see this mentioned, but I think there was certain amount of fatigue as well, coming off his first full season run in 3 years. MJ missed alot of shots he would usually make in spite of how he was played. Despite being a year older in 97, he finished the year stronger with a great finals, and he lost some weight from 96 to 97 and was noticeably quicker( sort of like Wade this year, dropped some weight and quicker than the last few years even though he's 34).
    yeah, I, at times, thought he would never tire in an important game, but he is human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Im exhausted just watching him.

I did a poor job spotlighting this video, I simply lost track of my edits. What I should've shown more is how physical they were with him. They are constantly grabbing and shoving him, even when he doesn't have the ball and is simply cutting he gets pushed as he runs through.

But that was normal back then.

MJ is an ultra fast fiber optic cable line
    Bron is AOL
    Yes. I thought for his super human self he was slower than normal. He rarely went over anybody in that video. That rarely ever happens. If you did the video great job and commentary.