Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #121
TheCorporation
Banned
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 8,306
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
Curry, Kawhi, and Durant are all better than him. Curry is already ahead of him all time as is Kawhi. The next time a list like this is done, Kobe will be at 15th max. And hes dropping by the day

Wow so does this mean...

16be ?! 20be ?!
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #122
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Kawhi is now consensus top 3. Finals MVP in each conference, wins championship in first season with new team. Also, because VORP.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #123
TheCorporation
Banned
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 8,306
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Kawhi is now consensus top 3. Finals MVP in each conference, wins championship in first season with new team. Also, because VORP.


Wow so

LBJ
Kawhi
MJ

Solid top 3

6911 points

LeBar has been set. Let'a wait and see if Kawhi can do it. Or even pass MJ at 5.9k
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #124
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorporation
Wow so

MJ
Kareem
Kawhi

Infallible logic.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #125
Mr Feeny
ISH vigilant
 
Mr Feeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jackson Hall, Wyoming
Posts: 8,597
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico2016
I found the ESPN top 20 list




*notables include: MJ #1, Kareem #2, LeBron #3, Kobe #12, Dirk #17

Iím fine with this list. Is there anything that sticks out to you?

Curry, Kawhi, and Durant will all move up. I wonder whether any of them end up in the top 10.
Mr Feeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #126
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
Curry, Kawhi, and Durant will all move up. I wonder whether any of them end up in the top 10.

Durant clearly has top 10 GOAT talent. Legacywise, winning the championships off the backs of the Warriors hasn't really elevated him, but then the Warriors lost this year and I think many reasonably assume they win with him there. I think the next 5 years will play the biggest part in how he's viewed years down the line.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #127
Mr Feeny
ISH vigilant
 
Mr Feeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jackson Hall, Wyoming
Posts: 8,597
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Durant clearly has top 10 GOAT talent. Legacywise, winning the championships off the backs of the Warriors hasn't really elevated him, but then the Warriors lost this year and I think many reasonably assume they win with him there. I think the next 5 years will play the biggest part in how he's viewed years down the line.

I see your point. He hasn't gotten any credit for the title wins because the narrative has always been that he was superfluous. These past finals may change that but as we have seen on this board,there are those who are doubling down on their original assertions and claiming that even though the Warriors lost without Durant this year, that doesnt mean he was essential in the previous 2 years because the Warriors were better in the previous two years than they are now.
Mr Feeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #128
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,665
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

kawhi just likely doesnt have enough years left to get in the top 10. He'll have a 6 year prime by age 30, durant has a 9 year one. Durant achilles might ruin him but even without that, I saw him as a little overrated and finishing as a top 15 talent even if he has great accolades. All time great scoring but that isnt everything. Small edge over barkley, dirk, malone types eventually.

Curry is the one I'm looking at with a chance even though his prime is only 7 years. His peak is just ahead of those 2 imo, top 10 lvl. FMVP does hurt but meh idc that much, he's not great but fine as a playoff performer among superstars in say the top 20-30. Injury concerns can stop him but I feel like he's already like only a couple great years away from being a top 20 lock.
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #129
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer
 
Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,342
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
I see your point. He hasn't gotten any credit for the title wins because the narrative has always been that he was superfluous. These past finals may change that but as we have seen on this board,there are those who are doubling down on their original assertions and claiming that even though the Warriors lost without Durant this year, that doesnt mean he was essential in the previous 2 years because the Warriors were better in the previous two years than they are now.

Yep, pretty much a catch-22. That's why I believe the only way he can REALLY forge an inarguable legacy independent of the Warriors, would be to go elsewhere and build another team to championship status. It may not erase how people feel about his Warriors tenure, but he would have proven definitively that he can lead a team( that wasn't a previous champion/contender) to a title. The talent is undeniable, but that monkey is always going to be on his back in the court of public opinion.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #130
72-10
Jerry West
 
72-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Never in my life have I seen a retired Kobe Bryant ranked so far from the top by a so-called reliable media outlet. It's almost as though they do not adhere to a gigantic body of work and honest play.

Last edited by 72-10 : 06-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #131
72-10
Jerry West
 
72-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Where is Curry?
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #132
TheCorporation
Banned
 
TheCorporation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The 3ball slayer
Posts: 8,306
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-10
Never in my life have I seen a retired Kobe Bryant ranked so far from the top by a so-called reliable media outlet. It's almost as though they do not adhere to a gigantic body of work and honest play.

Are you kidding? Nearly every single outlet has him ranked outside of the top 10. Want me to bump that thread?


Edit

Found it: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...8#post13759668
TheCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #133
Vino24
Consensus, Cemented
 
Vino24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Top 3
Posts: 3,982
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Consensus, Cemented, Irrefutable.
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #134
scuzzy
blades of olympus
 
scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Midgard
Posts: 12,692
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-10
Where is Curry?
Behind Lowry
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #135
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,716
Default Re: ESPN posts top 20

Kobe is the consensus 12th greatest player of all time. He canít go below that, we will just move big O and the dream down if someone else surpasses Kobe.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy