Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Porzingas Struggling vs Clippers Frontcourt (12/11//1)

12/11/1 in 15 minutes and +26 vs Clippers tough frontcourt in the 2nd Q.

Clippers down 20.

Zubac with 2 points and 1 rebound LOL!

Kawhi -16 and played game high 15 minutes.

Default Re: Porzingas Struggling vs Clippers Frontcourt (12/11//1)

This happened in the year 1?

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Imagine getting matched up against Jokic or Davis in the playoffs and all you have is either a 6'7 center or a no defense slow as shit center in Zubac.

Lebron made Zubac look better than he actually is. The Mozgov syndrome and the Flippers bought it hook line and sinker.

I hear old ass Noah and Gortat are available.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Clippers down 20.

Zubac with 2 points and 1 rebound LOL!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=461007

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Holy shit when will Laker fans learn to stop overreacting in scrimmages/Summer League/Preseason?

These are glorified practices. They aren't trying to lock people down or constantly use plays that will work. They're trying things out, that's the point of it

u know, i really want porzingas in lakers too.
    if we didnt get AD, i was hoping we can trade porzingas with ingram + hart and keep Ball.

Clippers will be the worst rebounding team in this league

They will have to spend a lot of energy to win games - just remember the Heatles

I wonder how's Kawhi's quad going to handle the season, especially with all those playmaking duties

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Holy shit when will Laker fans learn to stop overreacting in scrimmages/Summer League/Preseason?

These are glorified practices. They aren't trying to lock people down or constantly use plays that will work. They're trying things out, that's the point of it

Strongly disagree, LOL @ glorified practices.

Preseason will tell you a lot about most teams. Yea there will be outliers, but preseason has showed us just how good the Lakers really are and how impressive the Mavs look. Knicks fans HAVE to be pissed because Porzingis looks absolutely incredible, even with the minimal minutes played.

A poster in this thread made a great point. Imagine having to matchup against Gobert/Jokic/AD/Nurkic/Porzingis and all you have to defend these giants is a small Montrez Harrell and Ivica Zubac.

Those are just the top dogs...look at some of these bigman rotations around the league.

Pozingis and Marjanovic, both 7'3"

Nurkic, Whiteside, and Gasol...all 7ft tall

AD, Dwight, and McGee...all 6'11" (McGee 7ft)

Jokic, Plumlee, and Bol Bol...7ft tall with Bol Bol being 7'2"

The Clippers have only 1 player over 6'9" in their main rotation, and that's Zubac. He's nice but he isn't getting shit done against the guys listed above (except the rookie probably). Not saying the Clippers are "GONNA BE TRASH", but this will absolutely be their main weakness and the way teams will game plan against em.

Let me clarify, I'm not disagreeing that preseason is a time that teams try stuff out and diff lineups, that's absolutely true. But I disagree that you can't accurately evaluate a team by watching these games and seeing how these cats playing.

I'm not picking the next champion or anything, I'm just (accurately) predicting that the Clippers will struggle with post defense in the regular season. Post defense and potentially post offense too, depending on the matchup. Trez is good in the paint especially with Lou Will, but he will be stuck against giants like the Lakers and Mavs have.

If your mentioning Bol, who will hardly play, and when he does, he won't be around the post, you might as well mention Kabengele.

Anyways, last year, Clips ranked 13th in rebounds per game at 45.5. After the trades, number went up to 46.1 They ranked 12th in rebounds allowed per game at 45.7, and after the trades, opponents dropped to 45.3. So rebounding was pretty even, but got skewed in their favor post the Zubac acquisition.

They were in the middle of the pack with nearly every other defensive category.

But somehow upgrading from Gallinari to Leonard, Temple to George, moving Bev to PG instead of an undersized SG, adding Harkless' length at the two has them regressing and ending up as a negative rebounding team

I would love teams to game plan beating the Clippers in the post, the team defense that will exist would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    If your mentioning Bol, who will hardly play, and when he does, he won't be around the post, you might as well mention Kabengele.

Anyways, last year, Clips ranked 13th in rebounds per game at 45.5. After the trades, number went up to 46.1 They ranked 12th in rebounds allowed per game at 45.7, and after the trades, opponents dropped to 45.3. So rebounding was pretty even, but got skewed in their favor post the Zubac acquisition.

They were in the middle of the pack with nearly every other defensive category.

But somehow upgrading from Gallinari to Leonard, Temple to George, moving Bev to PG instead of an undersized SG, adding Harkless' length at the two has them regressing and ending up as a negative rebounding team

I would love teams to game plan beating the Clippers in the post, the team defense that will exist would be fun to watch.

Like I said bro, depends on the matchup. You guys will get your averages up through inferior teams, that's to be expected...but there's no way you can realistically believe that the Clippers can matchup effectively with the likes of AD/Dwight/McGee in the paint...they are too big and too long, athletic asf too. Dwight is probably the least athletic out of those 3 and that's saying something, he breezed through preseason putting up double doubles in limited minutes.

I could be 100% wrong, I smugly said that I'm accurately predicting this...but I just wanted to reiterate how I strongly believe the paint will be the Clippers weakness and the way to beat em.

I still think yall are gonna be great, not at all saying your bigmen are trash.

Man, like I previously said, mentioning Dwight and McGee as causing us issues is like me saying you all would struggle with Darrick Walton Jr., if he got our 15th slot, with Rondo and Caruso being too slow.

It's a team game, and they played collectively last year on defense, will do so again this year, while vastly improving.

The biggest worry will be ShamWet finding his shot. 5-30 in preseason from range is just ugly for a sharpshooter. His spacing is going to be key, if he's unable to provide that, I won't be shocked to see Rome and Mann get his minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Man, like I previously said, mentioning Dwight and McGee as causing us issues is like me saying you all would struggle with Darrick Walton Jr., if he got our 15th slot, with Rondo and Caruso being too slow.
    No it's not, you are grossly underrating those guys. Especially McGee, the guy is a stud. I get it, he made a name for himself as a bonehead....but those championships really matured him as a player, he plays smart and very effective. Last year he was our only quality big man.

Dwight has looked good but I'm not gonna hype him up until we see it consistently in the regular season, although it's looking very nice (not gonna get too excited..).

You'll see, I promise you that.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    No it's not, you are grossly underrating those guys. Especially McGee, the guy is a stud. I get it, he made a name for himself as a bonehead....but those championships really matured him as a player, he plays smart and very effective. Last year he was our only quality big man.

Dwight has looked good but I'm not gonna hype him up until we see it consistently in the regular season, although it's looking very nice (not gonna get too excited..).

You'll see, I promise you that.
    Don't take this the wrong way but there's definitely a bit of bias here.

I agree with your point that teams will gameplan against it but I dont think it's as big of a problem as you say. Centers are a premium nowadays and there's a reason the Warriors were a dynasty with sometimes having a 6'7 guy (Draymond) play center for extended minutes.

And preseason is absolutely glorified practice, if it meant more teams wouldn't rest their players or play them for 12 minutes. It's the time you get to practice risky plays or defensive sets.

Defense is a team game so I'm excited to see how the Clippers will approach it. I know you're excited for Javale and Dwight, I do think Javale is really underrated but Dwight will have a lot to prove this season and isn't a guarantee by any means.

In the end, I watch preseason not for the scores or stats, but to see what players worked on over the summer (did they add a left handed layup to their arsenal? Maybe removed a hitch from their shot? Etc) and also to see younger players/players not on a roster get their chance to play for their lives.

Remember if you declare for the NBA draft you can't just go back to the college afterwards.. or there would be no downside of just declaring every year. So some of these guys are in a fight or flight situation where they have to prove themselves.