Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #16
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,518
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
Yep he's playing in the most stacked conference in NBA history which includes the modern day Bulls

Just getting to the playoffs would be a HUGE legacy boost for LeBron
I don't know about that. Mj had birds Celtics and bad boy pistons to deal with. That's 2 multiple championship teams that are up there with the best teams ever. What champions will LeBron face this year? Warriors are shit this year because of injuries and kd leaving. Houston have frauden and Westbrick. I do like the clippers but we have to see how they'll mesh. Every other team in the west isn't even worth mentioning.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #17
Manny98
LeGOAT
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 10,461
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
I don't know about that. Mj had birds Celtics and bad boy pistons to deal with. That's 2 multiple championship teams that are up there with the best teams ever. What champions will LeBron face this year? Warriors are shit this year because of injuries and kd leaving. Houston have frauden and Westbrick. I do like the clippers but we have to see how they'll mesh. Every other team in the west isn't even worth mentioning.
A two team conference isn't stacked. Outside the Bad boys and the Celtics the East was trash back then

This years West is easily more stacked when you have teams with 3 all stars not likely to even make the playoffs
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 PM   #18
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,518
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
A two team conference isn't stacked. Outside the Bad boys and the Celtics the East was trash back then

This years West is easily more stacked when you have teams with 3 all stars not likely to even make the playoffs
What do you mean stacked though? Outside of the teams I mentioned there's no other strong teams. The only teams out west that have a chance are lakers, clippers and Houston. Houston is debatable. All the other teams are ok but nothing special.

If your argument is that the ok teams are better than the ok teams that mj faced than ok I guess so but the ok teams are irrelevant because they don't have a chance anyway
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:19 PM   #19
superduper
Le11th
 
superduper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 8,713
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
A two team conference isn't stacked. Outside the Bad boys and the Celtics the East was trash back then

This years West is easily more stacked when you have teams with 3 all stars not likely to even make the playoffs

How has the East been the last 20 years aka the entirety of LeGOAT's career?

Hmmm...

Oh here we go...

superduper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:24 AM   #20
Rico2016
Local High School Star
 
Rico2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Davis will be an MVP
Posts: 1,716
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
Pretty much this. I'm a Bron fan but most of the Bron fans on here bother me because they constantly say dumb shit like this. If LeBrons the goat or a top 5 atg then you should think he's always the favorite. I never thought mj was the underdog even when he may not have had the better team. I thought he was so good that he would find a way to win. In LeBron's case even when he has a really good team some of these guys still say he's the underdog. It definitely shows how much faith some of his fans have in his game.


If his competition was the 98 Jazz he would win each year...Get it?
Rico2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:37 AM   #21
Bronbron23
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,518
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico2016
If his competition was the 98 Jazz he would win each year...Get it?
He's lost to teams worse than the 98 jazz so that's just b.s. Mavs and magic were both worse than the 98 jazz.
Bronbron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:56 AM   #22
yeaaaman
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
It's funny how LeBron fans are conditioned to have low expectations for their idol. This is the only fanbase I've ever seen experience this behavior. Normally, stans will engage in homerism and overhype how good their team or favorite player really is.

LeBron fans do the opposite because they're so used to King James morphing into the June Jester.

Listen I'm not some big Lebron hater, I feel I'm pretty balanced. The guys an all-time great but this stuff is nauseating, every year there's already a list pre determined excuses and low expectations, that he doesn't have enough help, is against all odds.

It's tiring, we don't say this about anyone else whose supposed to be nowhere near as good as him anywhere near as often as it's said about him. What does that tell you?
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:57 AM   #23
Rico2016
Local High School Star
 
Rico2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Davis will be an MVP
Posts: 1,716
Default Re: Lebron is the underdog again this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronbron23
He's lost to teams worse than the 98 jazz so that's just b.s. Mavs and magic were both worse than the 98 jazz.

Not a chance is 2011 Mavs worse than 1998 Jazz.

And 2009 Magic vs Cavs displayed a pitiful Cavs team.
Rico2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube














Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy