Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
FireDavidKahn
The Puppeteer

Default Let's Give It Up For Enes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG49S6iWwAAofMq?format=jpg

FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Default Re: Let's Give It Up For Enes

If he got a chance to do it again, I'd bet he keeps his mouth shut.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
scuzzy
blades of olympus

And almost all those reasons were a direct repercussion for him criticizing Erdogan

Good job, you played yourself and your family
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
If he got a chance to do it again, I'd bet he keeps his mouth shut.

The only real bad part is his dad getting jailed, and maybe he's not the only reason why. I dunno... I mean, I dunno why you wouldn't move your family out if you were gonna do all that, but I think it makes sense to speak out.

Some people in this world would rather die than be a bitch. It gets hairier when it's like what about your family, but i'd like to have a family that would be like LET THEM KILL ME AND DON'T BE A BITCH.

If more people were like that, I reckon there would be fewer dictators.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
The only real bad part is his dad getting jailed, and maybe he's not the only reason why. I dunno... I mean, I dunno why you wouldn't move your family out if you were gonna do all that, but I think it makes sense to speak out.

Some people in this world would rather die than be a bitch. It gets hairier when it's like what about your family, but i'd like to have a family that would be like LET THEM KILL ME AND DON'T BE A BITCH.

If more people were like that, I reckon there would be fewer dictators.

-Smak
You're going to have ask his family on that. What exactly has changed in Turkey due to his outburst?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #6
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
You're going to have ask his family on that. What exactly has changed in Turkey due to his outburst?

Nothing really does. But at least he knows spoke up. I dunno if he's legit in comparison to all the artists and such that went to jail for speaking out but even if they were killed or whatever, they spoke out. History will remember and it just feels good.

It's like you see three guys beating someone up and you say hey stop and they kick your ass and the other person's. What changed? Nothing, but you can move forward in life feeling like you did the right thing. So maybe it's all selfish but some people just have this thing inside of them that won't submit, that has to be heard. It's a shame if he got his dad jailed tho. But it was still probably right.

It might seem like a stupid ideal but words have a way of making a huge impact. If they didn't, people would not want to jail people who spoke out. So speaking out, jail or not, is a small victory.

That's assuming your life goal isn't avoid suffering at a costs, and I'm not gonna say that's a wrong way to live, but some people aren't like that. Some people even want to be "that guy." I don't like enes as a bball player but I bet he doesn't regret it.

Imagine the feeling of knowing someone tried to control your mind but couldn't stop you. But Yea the fall out can be unfortunate. So is being a fire man tho yakno.

-Smak
Old 10-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #7
CelticBaller
The One

Enes supports a terrorist org tho...
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:18 AM   #8
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Quote:
I don't like enes as a bball player but I bet he doesn't regret it.
There's a reason why he won't comment on HK now, there's no going back once you insult a country leader. Even he didn't know the severity :

"Erdogan is a strongman, and I knew there would be a backlash for the things I’ve said about him and the Turkish government, but I didn’t know it would be like this"

Last edited by bigkingsfan : 10-16-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:11 AM   #9
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
There's a reason why he won't comment on HK now, there's no going back once you insult a country leader. Even he didn't know the severity :

"Erdogan is a strongman, and I knew there would be a backlash for the things Iíve said about him and the Turkish government, but I didnít know it would be like this"

No doubt but that statement doesn't imply regret. It's like "I never really understood how a shark could bite your leg off while surfing." doesn't mean you wished you never surfed or, after losing the leg, you want to stop.

Plus part of that is victim hood. I mean I for one don't know how honorable it is to do something then tell everyone about how hellish it makes your life, using Twitter even. Part of his shtick is probably using those things to prove how awful dude is, like how people say it used to be republican and democrats before Trump.

I mean well never know cuz no self respecting man would say I wish I had shut my mouth, but I can't imagine he does.

Or for another example imagine you martyr yourself and they just throw you in a room to starve. You probably don't have Twitter but you're gonna have that moment of being like **** y did I do diz or I didn't know it was gonna go down like this. But you're not gonna be like o I wish I had just given in.

-Smak
Old 10-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Some people in this world would rather die than be a bitch.
This
chains5000 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: