Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Default Re: Where's embiids MVP

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Stop projecting Simon, we all know your uncle tore that ass up

EmBitch better come back focused next year, no more excuses for that beta.

Giannis deserved reg season mvp, unfortunately teams play defense in the playoffs and we all soon learned he cant shoot for shit
    The problem wasn't that Giannis couldn't shoot, the problem was his teammates in the ecf couldn't make wide open shots. They were being left open and kept clanking, especially bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    This is where the childishness comes in.

Who gives a **** where two guys on the same basic level are rated exactly from person to person? Picking some random number to assign elite status to and really harp on it just shows a lack of perspective.

Between KD, Lebron, Giannis, Harden, Steph, Leonard, Davis, Jokic, Embiid, Paul George and so on.....only really emotionally invested people are that worried about the exact standing. Whoever you think is worst on that list.....is a first ballot hall of famer if they spent their entire careers as roughly the same player they are now. The same goes for Westbrook, Dame, and some others.

Being that worried about if Giannis is #4 while ____ is #6 is like fighting over Grant Hill vs Patrick Ewing in the mid 90s. Its fun to argue about I guess. But you cant go THAT far in either direction.

Depending on your personal bias you could put Giannis from 1 to like...12th. Its not out of line to compare him to Jokic. Healthy Durant and Leonard are probably the only two players immune to an argument that they arent top 5 right now. And by the middle of next year if Harden is doing 38 a game, Lebron cares about defense a little again, Steph takes it back to 2016 aggression, and Giannis and Embiid continue to take the steps you imagine 24 and 25 year olds do....that might not be the case. Which doesnt even consider the strides Jokic could take or that Anthony Davis is a legit 28/12 guy with elite defense...

The top players in the league have rarely been so clumped together and if 1 stands out it isnt Giannis. Him being MVP doesnt mean any more than Harden or Westbrook being it.

Hed have gotten my vote....but it doesnt make him any more special than the other super duper stars. Hes in a group. Hes done nothing to put himself on another tier like the Jordans, Hakeems, or Shaqs did at their peaks. Perhaps one day he will. He has not as of now.

It doesnt matter if hes #3 or #6. Its the same basic level just being put in order of each individuals bias. Your bias might put him #1 or 2. Someone elses might have KD, Harden, and Leonard the top 3 with Giannis #6. Whatever. You could all make valid points. Nobody taking a fair look at everyone could deny that.

This is like that guy a while ago arguing vehemently that Giannis wasnt even close to top 5. Then lists him as 6th. I dont think my eyes quit rolling for a couple hours.

Your elite post status has been revoked, you disappoint me. Comparable to jokic? Not unanimously top 5? Trying to downplay is MVP, for shame

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I see OP has finally recovered after his "Bucks in 5" prediction against the Raps.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=466909
    Who would have known FFV was going to go 18/22 from 3 in the last 4 games. When teams go up 2-0 they win the overwhelming majority of the time. The bucks became a statistic sadly but next year they're winning it all. Sixers can't bring back both Butler and Harris. Celtics are dead, Raptors might lose kawhi and even if he stays their roster is old af. The bucks are going to keep everyone together and most importantly Giannis is going to get way better. Run it back!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Do you even know what the word “unanimous” means? If there are people who........you know what?

**** it.

I gotta start following my own advice and leave the kids table alone to think what they will. I’ll have someone bring your corn dogs around shortly lil buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    Who would have known FFV was going to go 18/22 from 3 in the last 4 games. When teams go up 2-0 they win the overwhelming majority of the time. The bucks became a statistic sadly but next year they're winning it all. Sixers can't bring back both Butler and Harris. Celtics are dead, Raptors might lose kawhi and even if he stays their roster is old af. The bucks are going to keep everyone together and most importantly Giannis is going to get way better. Run it back!
    No they aren't and no he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    No they aren't and no he's not.
    Yes they are, the only one not coming back is niko, good **** him

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Yes they are, the only one not coming back is niko, good **** him
    You would be way over the cap just after paying Middleton. You keeping Brogdon too?

lmao the raptors did all that vs the Sixers just for Bucks in 5

Bucks.....in....

The problem wasn't that Giannis couldn't shoot, the problem was his teammates in the ecf couldn't make wide open shots. They were being left open and kept clanking, especially bledsoe.

Imagine watching the Bucks these playoffs and actually thinking this. Kawhi was hitting tough jumper after tough jumper, 2s and 3s, completely unguardable and demoralizing the Bucks because they could do absolutely nothing to stop him.

That is the effect that a superstar with a jumper has. Giannis will never take the next step until he fixes this part of his game. If he keeps relying on stiff arms and travels the exposure will keep happening.

Inb4 EmGOAT deflections. Facts are facts chico.

I think this season should

I think this season should’ve made it pretty obvious that almost everybody is the right two injuries from being the champ once you make a conference final.
    No one else in the East would've beaten the Warriors:

-Giannis has too many mechanical flaws
    -Embiid has too many mental flaws
    -Boston has too many internal issues

Raps were the only ones good enough

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    No one else in the East would've beaten the Warriors:

-Giannis has too many mechanical flaws
    -Embiid has too many mental flaws
    -Boston has too many internal issues

Raps were the only ones good enough
    Right because no one on the Bucks or Sixers could outplay fredvanfleet and compete with McKinney/Quinn Cook

sit the fk down son.You're embarrassing yourself

Steph minus KD and Klay isn

Steph minus KD and Klay isn’t the warriors.

Horribly timed injuries like that? It’s just a waste of a season.
    I was told they have 5 allstars? So without those two they still have 3 allstars. 3 allstars is a wasted season that is impossible to win with?

Or do they only have 5 allstars when Bran faces them? hmmmm....

Interesting turn of events.

You just can