Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stephen A. Smith's "First Take" Ratings Take A Big Hit After Max Kellerman Leaves

The ratings on "First Take" have apparently taken a sharp nose dive, following Max Kellerman's departure.

Stephen A. Smith is a piece of shit and I said that shit.

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith's "First Take" Ratings Take A Big Hit After Max Kellerman Leaves

No shit.

That format takes two people that are BOTH entertaining and play off of each other well. He's just marched a bunch of second rate people up there one after the other that don't compliment him in the slightest and the show has gone from being entertaining trash banter to just straight up trash.

SAS works his ass off maybe harder than anyone, that much is clear. His work ethic is tireless, but now it should be clear that he shouldn't be making these types of decisions.

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith's "First Take" Ratings Take A Big Hit After Max Kellerman Leaves

Poor SAS's ego

Can't imagine why people would watch in the first place.

I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't clicked on a single first take video since Max left. The rotating formula of guest debaters doesn't work. People tune into eg Undisputed to watch Skip and Shannon go at it, not Skip vs random guest.

Local High School Star

Nobody wants to watch this clown scream for 2 hours. Especially at a "rotating panel" who only cover certain sports. Stephen A wanted Max gone because Max was the better debater. Compared to Stephen A, Kellerman is more versed in other sports as well.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

No shit.

That format takes two people that are BOTH entertaining and play off of each other well. He's just marched a bunch of second rate people up there one after the other that don't compliment him in the slightest and the show has gone from being entertaining trash banter to just straight up trash.

SAS works his ass off maybe harder than anyone, that much is clear. His work ethic is tireless, but now it should be clear that he shouldn't be making these types of decisions.
    This. They definitely fed off each other.

I'm glad to hear this.

Max was just as fresh as SAS if not fresher and SAS couldn't handle it and made the higher ups get rid of him.

Max might be in morning purgatory for now but he'll move on to greater things for sure. Love Max.

what was the ratings like before?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't clicked on a single first take video since Max left. The rotating formula of guest debaters doesn't work. People tune into eg Undisputed to watch Skip and Shannon go at it, not Skip vs random guest.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Nobody wants to watch this clown scream for 2 hours. Especially at a "rotating panel" who only cover certain sports. Stephen A wanted Max gone because Max was the better debater. Compared to Stephen A, Kellerman is more versed in other sports as well.
    When it comes to bball, SAS definitely knows his sh*t. He played some college ball so his knowledge is real.

But like you said, Max isn't THAT bad in bball but blows away SAS in baseball and especially boxing. Football is like a tie.

Anyone who takes SAS and First Take serious is a massive retard. ESPN is a complete dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post
    When it comes to bball, SAS definitely knows his sh*t. He played some college ball so his knowledge is real.

But like you said, Max isn't THAT bad in bball but blows away SAS in baseball and especially boxing. Football is like a tie.
    You're a ****ing moron.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival View Post

what exactly does SAS know in basketball?

i dont trust his judgement, his emotion is too often involved... so is it the x and o's? understanding for the game? match-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by clipps View Post
    You're a ****ing moron.